Unleash (Or Release) Tim Tebow!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by _Jet_, Oct 30, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-wild/unleash-or-release-tim-te_b_2023608.html

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

3. june19

june19 Active Member

sanchez need to be bench period!

#3 june19, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Rex has always said Sanchez is the starter. So telling Sanchez that he has even more job security is not gonna help things. That's just a cop out. On top of that, if Tebow (the second string qb) is such a terrible qb, Sanchez should feel that much more secure about his job?

5. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I think Tebow would be a nice fit in KC. They have some decent players there. Pair him in the read option with McCluster, Charles, you have big recievers like Bowe and Baldwin. Dare I say a Holmes and Tebow for Bowe?

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If that happens someone would have to talk Brady Quinn off a high ledge. Please include the Jets psychologist in the deal

7. JFjets

JFjets New Member

lol, no doubt. The great Brady Quinn, who has had no success anywhere he has played so far, and was yearned for in Denver by the Tebow haters just exactly like McElroy is yearned for in New York by the Tebow haters.

8. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I think Bowe can't wait to get out of there as it is. I think he'll be traded by Thursday.

9. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I missed that part where Denver fans "yearned" for Brady Quinn. Most sensible Bronco fans felt at the time that the QB of the future wasn't on the roster. Won't find many defending Quinn or Orton either. Kinda knew we were stuck with a shitty QB until the offseason.

Most of the discussion about quarterbacks was about the draft. Even talk about "going Ditka" in the draft to get either Luck or Griffin. Seriously thought we'd be stuck with Tebow another year... that is until they got Manning, who looks pretty good right now despite claims that he was damaged goods and likely done.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Way to misrepresent what was said.

The quote wasn't, "Denver fans 'yearned' for Brady Quinn". The quote was, "(Quinn) was yearned for in Denver by the Tebow haters just exactly like McElroy is yearned for in New York by the Tebow haters."

And yeah, there were a number of people who preferred Quinn, or even Weber, to Tebow, for the same reasons some (not all) folks now prefer McElroy.

There are legitimate reasons for thinking Tebow isn't an NFL QB, but there are also folks who are anti-Tebow cultists (haters). By definition, a Tebow hater would prefer anyone but Tebow.

One definition of an anti- or pro-Tebow cultist: Someone who has to twist another's words in order to feed his or her blind hate or blind support of Tebow.

#10 catsigater, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Anti-Tebow crowd was definitely calling for Quinn.

12. Concerned_Citizen

Some were. Not many though. Most had written the season off and were counting the days to the draft by that point. Nobody thought the defense would start tackling people and we'd start winning games with 16 points, especially when we were used to seeing the Broncos get blown out all the time.

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Revisionist history -- the anti-Tebow crowd, the vocal internet crowd, was yearning for Brady Quinn.

Anybody in Quinn's situation suddenly gets a battlefield promotion in legitimacy if Tebow's around. Guys like McElroy get touted for starting. Guys like Jimmy Clausen get touted as a better NFL draft pick. Unknown guys the Jets may draft next year get touted as the next best option after Sanchez.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tebow has been a useful player for the Jets in terms of picking up possessions on fake punts, taking some carries from Greene and forcing other teams to prepare for him. The Jets aren't going to trade him unless they upgrade the 4th rounder they traded to get him, and no one is going to offer that.

Releasing him would just be stupid.

15. Concerned_Citizen

So what makes Tebow the better option? Because he managed to see the win column when defenses held teams to low scoring? you see the Jets doing that for him?

16. Concerned_Citizen

Agreed. Why give up a player for free when he actually has uses? He's not gonna be your answer at QB, but he's not hurting the team by being on it either.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Say what you want about Tebow, at least he changed the culture around there, which I think is part of leading to there success now.

18. catfish

catfish New Member

better that Quinn? If you think Tebow is bad I see know way based on performance on the field how you can see Brady Quinn as anything short of a disaster, the guy was also put in a tough situation, but good lord look at what he has done to date.

19. Concerned_Citizen

I think Manning has a lot more to do with that.

20. Concerned_Citizen

No, my comment was in response to Bannon's take that the other guys like McElroy, claussen, etc are more highly touted than Tebow.

I wanna know what makes him the better option. ...and save it if you're gonna go to the win/loss column card. Already explained why I don't believe the TEAM record should be used to evaluate how good the individual was when I believe it was more due to defensive performance.

Never really bought into that hype about Tim making believers out of the team either. I know a couple of his teammates said some nice things at the time, but that 1-4 stretch didn't look like a confident team out there, and Champ Bailey confirmed that with his comments a few weeks ago heading into New England. I chalked that confidence more like a team that played themselves into believing just as they did when they started 6-0 a couple seasons earlier. Most felt eventually the bottom was going to come out from under them... and it did BOTH times. Luckily 8-8 was good enough to get into the playoffs on the third tiebreaker when 8-8 wasn't good enough a couple seasons before. Nope, not buying that either.

What is it that makes Tebow so much better than any of those guys? Claussen is pretty much done, and I believe Tebow would be by now if he wasn't built like a FB and still being useful in other areas.

Are his intangibles really good enough to make up for the lack of skillset behind QB? I doubt it, and it appears the rest of the NFL does as well.