Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I - nor anyone - believe they are on the same level. Maybe Mark's mom...

Wes Welker is #2 in YAC. If that isn't telling of the type of the impact he has on Brady's success, then maybe I am looking at this wrong.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=231

However, Kerley isn't on that list. He is however #13 in the NFL in yards per reception, which would imply that most of his yards come through the air - meaning Mark hits him and he gets hit. This isn't saying Mark is good or elite - however, it does show that he is capable of finding his receivers down the field, enough that Kerley has the 13th avg yards per catch in the league.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=&type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=056

Kerley is also tied for 16th in the league in catches greater than 25 yards.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=&type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=119

So to put that into perspective - If Kerley isn't a leader in total YAC, but is somehow a leader in yards per catch and also a top 20 receiver for receptions greater than >25 yards, that must mean Sanchez is successful in giving him the ball down the field.

Not at all. Glad that is cleared up.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez has played well in the playoffs. Not every QB can get the job done in January, some just crumble for whatever reason.

I'm pretty much done with Sanchez as the Jets QB, but I think that's a reasonable answer to your question. He's simply too inaccurate, inconsistent and doesn't protect the football.

That said, we don't have a better QB on the roster.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'd believe that dreams really do come true if this is the case. Let's hope for it.

However, I don't think they can make the switch to Tebow in six days. If they're going to change QB's in six days, it will be McElroy, which will open up another can of worms.

Blah.

4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I disagree. New England and Tom Brady put Welker into situations where he can gain plenty of YAC. I don't see Welker make a ton of players miss to be honest, but he runs good routes and is always in the right place. An earlier poster said it best when he stated that Welker gets the ball in perfect locations while on the run. I'm not saying Kerley is making acrobatic catches necessarily, but he doesn't get the ball to catch and run. Most of the time, we're just thrilled he can make the catch as he's not getting hit in stride. Believe me, as a Jets fan, I'm just thrilled to see the first down catches and Sanchez hit the target. If he could hit players in stride, it'd be that much more effective.

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Since when is Alex Smith a good quarterback with weapons. He has davis, gore and hunter...crabtree, moss and manningham suck. Smith is made by his defense and he will never win san fran a superbowl.

6. Ted

Ted Member

Alex Smith is the most efficient QB in the NFL right now. He just added to that rating with a 19-20 w/2 TD performance last night.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Smith is a solid QB, probably not making the next level, but who knows.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

YAC is a combination of three factors, good route running, a reciever who can make moves after catching the ball, and equally as important a QB who consitantly is accurate enough to lead the reciever with the ball and not make them stop, dive, leap, reach behind them, etc. A prime example of this was Montana and Rice, Rice was an outstanding receiver, great hands, fast and great moves, but he got all those YAC's in part not because Montana had a strong arm, but he was deadly accurate and consitantly hit Rice on the run and allowing Rice to make plays after catching the ball.

That's what Brady does so well, in fact if you look at all the top QB's that's exactly what they do well...they place the ball consistantly where the receiver can make the most of their abilities after catching the ball.

Sadly, Sanchez isn't accurate with his throws and this does have a negative effect on YAC.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If they don't use the bye week to tailor the offense to Tebow, which apparently they aren't, Sanchez is the guy for the year.

Tebow has been a good soldier all year, and he is basically being told that he has NO chance to be the QB of this team. He's being asked to be a decoy and tackling dummy. He won't say much publicly, but he will not be back next year.

10. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Right now? ...nothing.

He has shown he can be very good, but there's no way to field a team with the talent he requires to be very good. We got lucky one year with Holmes, Edwards and Jco all on the cheap, a couple of promising RB's, a great defense and a no cap year... all that went away. Mark is not good enough to work with an average team.

I don't think Mark will be with the team long enough (3-4 years) for us to rebuild a team around him, even if we could afford to....

11. Angelsword

Angelsword New Member

Mark Sanchez could throw for 30% completion rate, two interceptions and a fumble next game, and Rex will tell you that he played well and that Mark gives the team the best chance to win.

If anything, he might start McElroy, it's being shown that he's anti-Tebow. Or he's got a crush on Sanchez.

12. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

I hope McElroy gets a shot. He is the most accurate QB we have, so that alone is worth something. He may not have the best arm but I'm sure he can complete screen passes and 5-10yd passes, which would be an upgrade.

13. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

Skelton has the worst O line in the league, ranked 31st in the league for running, and the Cardinals have only 3 less dropped passes than the Jets and still Skelton out performs Sanchez. Look at last night, +60% and threw the ball almost 300 yards against the Niners whereas Sanchize throws below 50%, has only 100 yards passing, and got sacked less than Skelton. Sanchez sucks

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13458/john-skelton
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320930020

14. BleednGreen247

They said the same thing about Alex Smith and Eli Manning :rofl:

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Nothing would make me happier then seeing on the ganggreen feed: Tebow named New York Jets QB.

16. BleednGreen247

Im sure Larry Fitzgerald has no part in this

17. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

If Tebow was to become QB, you guys know we would have to change ALL of our blocking schemes and swap out our line personnel. Plus we'd have to get a better RB to actually compliment Tebow in the backfield. Everyone understands this, right? Because it doesn't seem like people do, it seems like people think that if he comes in we start blowing people out every game and I'm not sure that's likely. In fact we'd still struggle to score, just like Denver did...

18. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

5 for 52 yards Whoop te do, Chaz had 3 for 45.

19. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

double post

#1299 Flyboy, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  20. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I'm so sick of this guy. Bench him already! Give someone else a chance. You guys honestly think someone like Belichick would tolerate this? C'mon, Rex, show us you got a pair!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.