Five changes for 2013 season...starts with Bill Polian at GM

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I disagree, they do not pay top dollar unless your name is Brady. The Pats are a team that proves three $5M players are far better than one $15M star.

Two BIG money contracts with no result:
    Nnamdi Asomugha
    Mario Williams
    * These guys weren't even coming off a season ending injury.

Now about Polian for the young ones who have no memories.
    - Took the Bills to three straight SB
    - As GM of the Panthers almost had the quickest Super Bowl winner in history
    - Indy won a SB and was in the playoffs every year.

I do agree the he son is not wanted, but a year away has made Bill Polian hungry again.

2. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Yeah I know but it's not like Tannebaum is covered in glory.

Actually there are a lot of good players on KC. Decent defense, great running backs. It's just the QBs and head coach that are mediocre (and I'll always respect Romeo for his Patriots connection)

3. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Tannenbaum's tenure with the Jets blows Pioli's tenure with the Chiefs out of the water, and he provides the added bonus of not bugging the rooms at Florham Park or tapping Rex Ryan's cell phone.

I don't know how many times we have to see a Belichick lackey fail without him before we realize that Belichick and Brady are the sole drivers of success up in New England.

4. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Fine. I think the main thing the Jets need is at least a new GM and a new QB

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

yes he would be a ideal choice buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut he wants total control which I am sure WJ will not grant :sad:

6. TXJet

TXJet Banned

Hire Bill Cowher and let him be coach and GM!! Draft a QB!! Done!!!

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

uh-huh, and those guys got old, and he replaced none of them. They went 2-14 a year ago. You guys want to shit can Tanny because he let our defense and OL talent drop off the face of the earth as guys got old, and didn't find adequate replacements. Yet he is guaranteed to have crafted a team with a better record this year than the guy you want to replace him with.

when Tom brady went down, the pats still won 11 games. Manning made that franchise so much better than it was the past few years, the second he left it was shown that they had absolutely nothing in the cupboards. Thats on the GM.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan of Polian. That team without Manning was absolutely horrendous. I understand your not going to be the same team with your franchise QB out but you have to do better then that in my opinion. They were scary bad.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If you read another post in this thread, I wrote that I do not support Polian being the next NYJ GM. Too old.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He also built the Bills teams that went to 4 SBs.

Not saying he should be considered, but there are a lot of worse options out there.

My guess tho is Bill Polian will want to come is as Prez and make his son GM. There's the rub IMO.

11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

that's my biggest problem with bringing him in. Bill Polian is not on the market. The
    Polian father and son combo is what's on the market. Considering how old Bill is, I'm expecting only one or two seasons. In the meantime the jets will be stuck with his son running this team for a decade. Bill has been around this league a long time and I'm pretty confident he'll get an extremely long leash setup for his son before he walks out the door.

If that is the end result, then stop messing around and poach a top football operations guy from Ravens, Steelers, Packers, Giants.

#51 ajax, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Let's not go with Polian, he'll bring his son. It will be as bad as the last Indiana Jones movie. Only with more aliens.

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you mean the same guy who built 3 loser teams (BILLS, PANTHERS, COLTS)into super bowl outfits? :eek:hmy:

yes, i'll take that guy! :beer::rofl:

i suggested the same thing as JetsFan in the "tanneybum must go" thread.:up:

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

because there are 2 front office and 3 coaches who would have to admit that they wasted a high draft pick and a ton of the owner's money on a qb whose college coach said came out too early and wasn't ready for the nfl.

meanwhile, bellicheat gave the starter's job in 2011 to a 6th round pick who was a michigan backup / rotation starter and he was named tom brady.
    bet bob kraft considered his 6th round contract money well-spent!