Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

I added an important #4 for ya......

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

nothing. he has done nothing to earn it.

in his last 16 games we are 6-10 and he has been horribly inefficient.

3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

so frustrating. one of the best weapons to slow a pass rush, and we can NEVER execute it. its comical how bad we are at screen passes.

4. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Is this a trick question?? My answer is no!!! Only because we have no qb on the roster who can adequately play the position.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I'm not going to waste my time searching through your post. If you're so confident in Sanchez, just state three things Sanchez has done to EARN his starting spot...Shouldn't be too hard.

The dead horse wouldn't need to be beaten if our coaching staff had a clue...

6. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

are you kidding with this question! He led us to 2 COUNT EM 2 AFCCG, he can make all the throws, he has all the ability, he has all the talent!!!!!! How can you not see it! :rofl:

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Yes he did, yes he can, yes he does, but he doesn't do it often enough to win a lot of games.
    I don't expect him to win every game, but he should by now be able to split with the division, compete against some of the better NFL teams. Give our defense and ST a chance to win a game or two. Mark can't do that, he throws games away that we should/could win. Yes there has been dropped passes, but 4 quarters of football should be enough to overcome a few drops. If his play was better, those few drops wouldn't be all that important.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Well if that's your stance then I was wrong, sorry about that. From your comments and what you quoted I thought you were stating Brady & Sanchez are on the same level.

9. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

The seattle game will be ugly. They have a fierce pass rush which will make sanchez poop his pants. His line (assuming he plays the whole game) will be sub-45% completion rate, 2 picks, 1 fumble lost and at least 5sacks.

10. DanR

DanR Active Member

Watch this question go unanswered.

One question test, worth 100 points.

1) What exactly is Mark Sanchez upside?

11. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

He make rest of the AFC east better:beer:

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

And that's my point. As a rookie with 16 college games under his belt, and the best OL and the best run game and the best defense in the NFL, Mark took us to 15 mins from the SB. Twice.

What does he have now? One of the worst OLs in the NFL, close to ZERO run game, a piss poor defense, and new receivers who can't hold onto the ball.

Yup. It's Mark.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"...crickets...."

If he had any upside, it's been mismanaged out of his system in 4 short years.

14. Rex's Sweater Vest

ummmm ummm intangibles! yea... intangibles...

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Please tell me you're trolling right now...

He can't make all the throws. He can barely squeak out half of them.

He doesn't have all of the ability. No pocket presence, no play extensions, no guts.

He doesn't have all the talent. If he did, we'd be a hell of a lot better than 3-5.

There is nothing to even remotely suggest that Sanchez has earned his starting spot this year. None.

16. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

fans are prisoners of the moment. it's easy to cast blame at the guy at the helm. look at alex smith, use to be hated villified and now hes' considered good qb because he has the tools to succeed

17. Rex's Sweater Vest

I think the :rofl: at the end of my post was clear that I was being sarcastic.

Mark didn't TAKE us to 15 min from the SB twice, are you just going to ignore the fact that our Defense and running game led the way all through those regular seasons, and into the post seasons? We had no chance to win any playoff games if our defense wasn't playing like it was, Mark didn't do anything special to the point where it can be said he led the way, he simply did not. And then the Sanchez apologists are going to cite how he gained 30 yards in under minute to set up the game winning field goal agains the Colts. But the reality is, that game should never have come down to that for us, did you forget that Sanchez threw a horrible interception at the goal line just before halftime that took at least 3 points off the board for us or that he was wildly inaccurate all night? Sanchez's performance in that Colts game was not good, something forgotten in the fact that we won, due to our defense which held Manning to 16 points. Sanchez played well in the Patriots, Bengals, Colts AFCCG, and second half of the Steelers AFCCG, but let's not kid ourselves and say he took us there, we all know the Defense and running game led the way.

And this moment has been a 4 year moment. How many tools is it going to take to get Sanchez to succeed. He had 3, 1,000 yard receivers in 2010, an elite running game and elite defense and performed well below average statistically. It is time to come to terms with the reality that maybe Sanchez's ceiling is not as high as his apologists think it is. Maybe he has hit his ceiling, nothing more than a QB rating in the 70s, a 2:1 TD/INT ration at best, hovering around 55% accuracy on a good day. This isn't 5th overral pick performance, this is not a level of play that can get us to a SB. It is time to look for answers elsewhere. I have to wonder if the distortion here is not that Sanchez critics are prisoners of the moment, but that Sanchez apologists are prisoners of the player, it seems he can do nothing to merit losing his job.

#1277 Rex's Sweater Vest, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  18. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

I suggest you go watch both AFCCG again because everyone know our much vaulted played only one half in each of them. Yes Sanchez have been bad but don't make shit up.

19. Rex's Sweater Vest

I said our defense led the way to these championship games, I never said they were the reason we might have won them. It's clear our run defense cost us in 2010, and our inability to cover the Colts receivers and get to Manning cost us in 2009, in conjunction with Greene getting hurt, effectively neutering our run game.

What have I made up then?

All I have said is that what is "making shit up" is to say Sanchez TOOK us to these championship games. Any reasonable person looking at the facts rejects this as a ridiculous, and only Sanchez apologists would dare to use this as something to his personal credit.

20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The Oline has actually been pretty decent in pass protection this year, but dont let the facts get in the way buddy....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.