Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

There are 20 millions reasons why Sanchez is our starter. He is only the scapegoat of mediocre coaching staffs and FO.

2. RevisIsland10

RevisIsland10 Member

People will blame sanchez all they want....bottom line the team has very little talent and that falls on Tanny.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm expecting the same shit performance we got in our trip to Seattle in 08.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

One thing that baffles me is Sanchez's performance with backups behind him. You would think that after getting someone who led (whether you like it or not) an abysmal team to the playoffs would spark some competitive fire in him and allow him to perform better or get benched. Instead, he seems to be regressing.

You can't blame the O-line. Sanchez has honestly not been sacked very much. He has had well over 7 seconds a snap to make a decision. However, he either throws it into a lineman's back (what the hell), throws a pick 6, throws an incompletion, or try to throw it into triple coverage with a millimeter of space for the receiver to make a miraculous catch.

You can't blame the wide receivers/tight ends. They've had to exert play-stopping effort (i.e. no YAC) in order to even catch some of Sanchez's passes.

You can't blame the play-calling. For the most part, it has been decent. A competent quarterback would have gotten touchdowns on some of those drives.

Hell, you can't even blame special teams/defense. They often have the ball in good field positions for Sanchez to make something happen.

No, the only person you can blame for our offense being anemic is Sanchez himself. Any other attempt to blame someone else is pure folly and delusion.

5. BleednGreen247

32 total TDs last year under Brian Schottenheimer in a broken locker room with little weapons

Yeah this kid clearly cant play :rofl:

6. DanR

DanR Active Member

Its his 4th year and he:

(1) doesnt understand basic things like throwing the ball away when theres no longer any options.

(2) still stares down receivers

(3) doesnt protect the ball from fumbles/ holds the ball loosely in his hands/ gives the opposing team points or big oppourtunities for points

I'm not saying he's the reason for all of Jets problems, but i'm not gonna worry about whether or not he'll remain on the team.

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Haha. He's not the quarterback you're looking for.... Waves hand in front of Rex

8. Ted

Ted Member

Sanchez may continue starting after the Seattle game but he is done in New York. Ask A-Rod about what happens once New Yorkers turn their back on a player.

9. feldspar

feldspar Member

That's cute.

If the coaching staffs and front office are mediocre, then Sanchez fits right in there and they all deserve each other.

It's OK to blame Sanchez for a few things, buddy. It's OK.

10. Ontherise

Ontherise Member

Sanchez is good from time to time.

But I think you could say the same about any backup QB in the league if they were given as many snaps as Sanchez. 4th year and he's still bouncing along the bottom of the league in QB rating.

11. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Don't jump to the conclusion so fast my friend. Take a look at Alex Smith. If Niners didn't give him enough time, he'd been labeled as bust and pushed out long time ago. Sanchez had some bad games. But to be fair, Jets need to give him more time to develop in order to reach his full potential.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Unless Sanchez gets injured, he's gonna be the starter for the rest of this season.

13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I think all of the weight loss has addled Rex's brain.
    A pound bag of pretzel M&Ms polished off and he'll
    see his way towards beginning to fix this team.

14. Ted

Ted Member

The difference is that Smith never became anything until they hired Harbaugh who understands the position. Rex and Sparano are probably the last 2 guys you want developing a QB.

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

If you want to compare Brady & Sanchez you're gonna have to do a much better job if you wanna be taken seriously.

Also, you're giving Brady no credit for the yards his receivers pile up after the catch. Brady hits those receivers in stride to maximize their YAC. When Gronk & Welker pick up yards, it's more than just Brady slinging it 3-5 yards forwards and sitting back while his receivers pad his stats.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Good point. Rex was clocked out on the offensive side of the ball for multiple seasons. Now that he's picked his OC & vowed to get more involved the O stinks even worst than ever. Not seeing how Jets can expect Sanchez to reach Alex Smith level of production under this regime.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Sanchez' last 11 games ...
    15 Ints - 5 lost fumbles (plus 4 more we recovered).
    And this doesn't even account for the dozens of big plays and TD's he's left
    on the field because he cant hit a wide open reciever.
    Did you see that pass to Hill at the goal line at the end of the half?
    Are you fucking Kidding me??
    That's a TD for ANY competent QB ... And its a throw you HAVE TO MAKE in a 20-0 game!
    You CAN'T throw it 6 feet behind the guy!
    ENOUGH ALREADY!

You cant win in this league with that kind of play at the QB position.
    The guy has shown ZERO improvement in his decision making,
    Pocket awareness, accuracy, or simply taking care of the goddamn football.
    You just cant have it. Period.
    He's not the only problem ... But he's at least 75% of it.

I've defended him, but at this point you have to be blind
    not to see that he's costing us game after game. If you can be
    allowed to play your position as poorly as that, and still keep
    your job on this team, then Rex needs to be fired.

ENOUGH!

It's time to start trying solutions instead of ignoring the problem.
    It's Tebow Time.
    Hell ... I'd even give McElroy a shot.

#1237 truthbtold, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Nonsense. Im so tired of hearing this. Talent has nothing to do with constantly missing wide open receivers, getting passes batted back into your face, throwing to the other team, or putting the ball on the ground every time you take a hit.
    There have been PLENTY of plays to be made. The problem is, he very rarely makes them. How many times do you need to see this guy screw up easy plays before it sinks in?? He's NOT GOOD at his job.

19. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

I don’t think the Seattle game is going to be Mark’s last game but I think it will tell us whether we finish 6-10 or 8-8...the Miami game showed us for the first time in almost a decade we are the 3rd best team in our division which means the playoffs are a pipe dream...

Our players/coaches over the last few years seem to always ‘have a nice week of practise’ before losing a critical game...I even remember at some point last season(midseason?) some player saying ‘our offense is on the verge of breaking out’ ...are the Jet’s living in Rex imposed self delusion? I don’t know but it’s beginning to look like that SOJ thing is creeping in...

Last season I couldn’t accept that we had a mediocre team till we lost to Miami but looking back its rather obvious this team is mediocre...we saw two clear signs that maybe Rex’s tenure might not be as long as we thought after the 2009 season. He consistently played Wayne Hunter when it was obvious he shouldn’t have been a starter & the Injury to Mangold last year (with Wayne Hunter on the Oline) showed we have a very limited roster behind the starters (could be argued on every aspect of the team)...
    Seattle won’t do this team any favors...they could blow us out which will be three massive losses in one season (excluding the Steelers game)...in the last ten years no matter who is coach the Jets always play hard we rarely get blown out consistently...

I haven’t given up on the season yet...we have a knack for surprising people when we are counted out but I believe Rex is now on the verge of being a JAG of Jets coaches if we lose to Seattle & go 3-6...this game is like the game we went to Pitt & won...

20. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

nope personnel decisions done by coaches and staff not by prisoners of the moment fans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.