Does Tebow give us a better shot of winning the second half of the season?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by ouchy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Even the worst team can win one game or two. Winning games is just a fluke. Dynasty is built upon beautiful practice. Only practice matters in the real world. You have to go with the player who gives you the best chance to have a beautiful practice. Only in those no rush no hassle practice situations, real QB shows real skills. We have to stick together with our best chance.

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow will never start for the Jets unless Sanchez gets hurt ( and even that is a maybe).

The reasons in no particular order are

1. Rex , Tanny and the Jets organization have a 1st round 5th pick , money and time in Sanchez . Barring injury, Sanchez is the Jets starter for the long haul

2. Rex did not want Tebow Woody did . ( although I feel that Rex likes him And it's nothing against him personally )

3. Sporano has his hands full with the base offense and all the talk of him being a wild cat genius was crap. Henning the Dolphin OC was the obvious architect . Even if Tebow started Sporano would not know how to use him , it's a literal disaster waiting to happen.

If your a fan of Tebow , you better hope he does not start for Sporano.

#22 CowboysFan, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  3. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Many of the fans believed Elway when he said Tebow would start the season last year. It just made sense because Orton and the team had been terrible and Tebow was a first round pick. When Orton didn't get traded he was immediately named the starter the first day of practice. Many were confused as to the reasons. They surmised he just stunk - to they were making a mistake. It was said Tebow was fourth string in camp (by media). So he sat and Denver installed Orton's offense. Orton was a free agent at the end of the season and wasn't likely to stay so the whole thing was confusing. Fans heard Orton gives us the best chance to win right up until the second half of the fourth game when Tebow came in. He actually got them back into that game. They started him the next week and traded Lloyd that week and Orton a week or two later and brought in DT who had been hurt for most of a year and a half. The rest you probably know. At the press conference at the end of the season Elway said Tebow had earned the right to start this year for Denver. Then Peyton happened. Can't blame Denver or any team for taking a chance of Peyton's health.

Bottom line the fans (Denver Fans) wanted the Broncos to see what they had in Tebow because it didn't seem the organization had any intention to do so. Orton's suck storm and fans wanting him out and wanting to see what Tebow could do caused the media storm to a large extent. Fans understood if Tebow didn't show any promise there could be a draft issue. The wins took them out of the Suck for Luck sweepstake. Elway had taken several visits to Stanford his old school to scout Luck. Most believe that's what he wanted to do and assumed Tebow would get him there and he wouldn't have to listen to the fans bitch after Tebow fell on his face. It didn't work out that way.

Sorry for the length of this but you asked... :)

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It comes down to there's no argument you could ever make to convince me Tebow is even close to an NFL quality QB. That's because I've seen him play. He can't even come close to pushing Sanchez who is playing awful. They hardly even want him to throw a pass when he touches the ball.

Any guesses as to WHY I may have a ridiculous repetitive response to you guys? I mean ANY IDEA?

5. BJXX

BJXX New Member

This is a very good point. I know very little about Sparano but what I've seen here and the rants of Dolphins fans on this forum, but he does not inspire confidence in me.

He and Rex are boilerplate coaches and seem overwhelmed and unable to find any answers. I doubt they would know how to use Tebow and adapt the offense for it. I think they'll see how it goes in Seattle and St. Louis, then prepare for next year if they lose.

6. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Well based on this response - it sounds like your mind is made up and there is not fact or discussion that could change it. So you come here repetitively to trash people that post in the Tebowmania Forum that was - according to mods - designed to welcome Tebow fans and give them a place away from the main forum to discuss all things Tebow.

So again - it begs the question - just why are you posting here? Are you trashing Tebow fans as part of your moderator duties? Is this the Anti-Tebowmania forum because it just kind of appears that is what you are all about. My apologies if I have misjudged.

7. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

If you are right, then I hope Tebow gets traded. I don't want Tebow in a bad spot. I believe things happen for a reason. But right now, I have no idea what that reason is. Except for my theory that Tebow is God's missionary to NY. Which would be ironic since more than half the Jets fans seem to not want him here.
    It's tough being patient. I believe that the guy has what it takes and he's gonna get his shot again sometime and somewhere.

8. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Couple guesses:

Because you want to annoy us?

You have nothing creative to say?

It can't be proven or disproven?

You are lazy?

9. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

I remember there was an interview to NYJ QB coach (Matt Cavanaugh?). He talked about that he had no clue what Tebow could do why he was special, and Tebow had to introduce by himself what kind of plays he can run. :rofl: Tebots, please leave. You guys have 0 chance here.

10. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

No disrespect, this is a huge debate. There is evidence for both sides, but I think you're wrong about the guy. I look for him to be successful again just like last year. Don't know when, but I'm expecting it to happen. Things just seem to work out ok for Tebow.

11. TTTTebowAndTheJets

99% of your posts are gold

12. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

:beer: Have some beer and try to get laid. Not worth it bro.

13. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

And you have an even lesser chance of getting one of those girls in your avatar.

14. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

The other 1% is platinum.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Thanks, but be careful guys. I don't want to have another philosophical discussion with VanderbiltJets. :up:

16. TTTTebowAndTheJets

yeh, i stopped reading half way through that debate :p

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I was provoked. ;)

18. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I swear, if I ran into Rex on the street I'd tell him to grow a pair and start Tebow... just do it.....do it..... DO IT

[YOUTUBE]JoqDYcCDOTg[/YOUTUBE]

19. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

Wilt Chamberlain was a "terrible" center. After all, he had a poor free throw percentage & could not shoot a jumpshot.

Ozzie Smith was a "terrible" shortstop because he could not hit with power.

Mariano Rivera is a "terrible" pitcher because he never mastered a curveball.

Champ Bailey is "terrible" because he does not intercept enough passes.

Hockey goon Dave Schultz was a "terrible" hockey player because he committed too many penalties.

Distance runner Jim Ryun was a "terrible" runner because he could not run the 100 meters in under 10.5 seconds.

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, I think Sanchez will be the starter for the rest of the season, but they have to get more creative on offense, even if it is gimmicky. They lack talent and they need a scheme change to help the offense.