Chaz Schilens: Jets fans' chants for Tim Tebow 'B.S.'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Oct 29, 2012.

1. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

LOL. No.

The chants were real because the majority of Jets fans are sick to death of Mark Sanchez and would prefer even Tebow at this point.

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I go to every game, and I never hear 'chants' for Tebow. Never once. I've heard a few individual guys call for him after every bad play, I've heard some people scream his name sarcastically, but never once was there a 'chant' - which to me implies a large group of people saying something simultaneously and continously - for Tebow.

I repeat - not once.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Even though people blame Tebowmania for benching Orton and the chants, the Broncos fans were sick of Orton and wanted change. Orton was 6-20 in his last 26 games. Kind of like Sanchez was 3-11 in his last 14 starts. They were a lot lounder in Denver.

4. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Do you think players are commenting on their imaginations and reporters sharing the same delusion? I've only been to two games this season and I've heard multiple Tebow chants at both. Obviously we're not talking about the entire stadium swaying in unison and calling for Tebow, but we're talking audible "Te-bow", "Te-bow" calls.

5. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I think he was being sincere that he didn't hear any chants in unison but if that is true the game crew had canned chants played over the network because you could hear them on TV a couple of times. It clearly wasn't a rocking stadium but they were there and you are right apparent players heard them.

6. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

Sorry, Sanchez. I've seen Cro and Sione plenty of times at the one that I go to, and Cro especially was quite frank about how he and a majority of the players feel about Sanchez.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

My seats are in the corner of the endzone on the 2nd level, so it's not like I'm in the middle of it all. I am not disputing that some sections might do that, and more than likely if the players are hearing it it's down in the lower sections on the Jets side of the field - which is the opposite side from me - but I don't get a sense that quite so many people are that anxious for Tebow to be in there. For Sanchez to GTFO, yes, but I haven't heard any great cry for Tebow from groups of people.

And to further my point, if you're hearing these chants after a bad play or series of plays, they are probably more expressions of frustration with Sanchez than real, sincere calls for Tebow. The Tebowists would be chanting for him the entire time if they truly wanted him in there.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Wern't there chants for Brunnel and Mcelroy last year?

9. jbiddy4

jbiddy4 Member

If the jets are serious about sticking with Sanchez they should give tebow to the jags or anyone else for a song...that would unite the team behind mark

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Do you really think Woody would sign off on that?

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Great Post! :beer:

12. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Didn't the team locker room divide last year because of Sanchez?

13. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Agree with this. At least someone with some legit thoughts.

14. stayclassy

stayclassy New Member

lol. Chaz Schilens. Sounds like something a pirate would say. SCHILENS ME TIMBERS!