Chances at Playoffs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sanchize0829, Oct 28, 2012.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the biggest ***holes on this team are in the front office and some of the coaching staff. even if we got the number 1 pick in the draft, i do not trust the gang that can't shoot straight to draft the right players. it's like ted mack's amateur hour in the front office.:shit:

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Mathematically it is still possible, but it's highly unlikely. Even with a win yesterday we only had a shot at the playoffs. Now we'll be lucky if we finish better than last in the division.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

At best a 5-3 finish is in the cards, and 8-8 probably won't be good enough to get in with Miami and Pittsburgh looking to win 9 or 10 games each. Also, Indianapolis quietly 4-3 with a fairly simple schedule the rest of the way, and don't forget about San Diego and Buffalo. Cincinnati is as dead in the water as we are. Their schedule is brutal.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Luckily we currently have tiebreakers on BUF/IND and can get one on SD. We have to go 6-2 and can't lose to NE/SD/BUF. This likely means we need something like this:

@Seahawks -L
    @Rams -W
    vs Patriots -W
    vs Cardinals - W
    @Jags -W
    @Titans -L
    vs Chargers -W
    @Bills -W

That seems unreasonable. This is why the Miami game was key. It lets us go 5-3. Now we need 6-2. If we beat Seattle that starts us in the right direction. If we lose, we need to go 5-1 down the stretch but our toughest games (SD/NE/ARZ) are all at home.

Seattle is that key game. If we can beat SEA @ their place, that probably brightens the future of the team in general against the tougher teams they play later in the season

5. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Honest I think our discussion should be more about draft position than playoffs at this point. It's still possible, sure, but odds are we we finish at 7-9 or something, miss the playoffs and fall out of top 10 draft positioning. Which is pretty much the worst thing that can happen.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There's not a chance in hell..

7. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I actually thought the players and the coaching staff played over their heads for both Houston and the Patriots given the loss of so many important first stringers.

I still think Ryan is a decent coach obviously better on the defensive end.

Tannebaum should go. Don't people think many of the problems with these are related to the GM?

Also tebow isn't the answer but then neither is Sanchez. If a decent QB shows up in next year draft the Jets would be very stupid not to draft him. Unless people want to drag out this for another 2-3 years.

8. BobLivius

BobLivius New Member

Mathematically, it's possible. Realistically, it's unlikely. Given the current team's putrid performance, a 5-11 or 6-10 record is more likely. The organization is presently malfunctioning. A positive change is needed. Apparently, Ryan may have lost this team. Woody needs to make some big decisions after the season. A new transparent, positive direction is needed for this franchise.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

All should remember way before the start of the season I said 6-10 or lower & was flamed for posting that :sad:

10. TXJet

TXJet Banned

Play Tebow now!!!! Sanchez is awful and at least Tebow protects the ball better and if we did that better we would be in every game. I know Tebow is not the answer past this season, but I would rather play a guy that is a leader and loves to play.

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

We get it. Your propaganda posts have been noted. You want Tebow over Mark. We get it.

12. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

You are proud that your prediction is closer to being true?

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

No just to remind everybody to remember what I posted & how I was flamed by all those so called know it all's. U better start looking into next year because if they do not fix the weaknesses for next year 4-12 or lower may be the benchmark :sad:

14. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

as bad as we looked on Sunday, every single game we play the rest of the year in winnable except for New England. We'll see how they come out after the bye, they had been playing better of late maybe Sunday was just an aberration.

The worst thing we can do is go 7-9, 8-8. If we aren't gonna make the playoffs we need to go 3-13 and get the best draft pick possible

15. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Oh so you knew Revis and Holmes would go down? And still I think that 6-10 is a low estimate for this season. I see 7-9 or 8-8.

16. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

chance are slim to none...a QB change is forthcoming

17. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

I dont see a 9-7 team getting a wildcard.

That means we can only afford one more loss.

I wouldn't put money on that at all.

18. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Banned

You can definitely make the playoffs. Just have Rex Ryan beg Roger Goodell to expand the playoffs from 6 teams to 16 teams from the AFC.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Why would NE be the un-winnable one? We almost went there and beat them. If you consider the rest winnable, I think you have to include NE winnable.

The Jets, if they play like they did against NE, can go 6-2. But the Jets haven't put together 2 games of solid football back to back, so expecting them to string of a bunch of wins seems unrealistic. It's plausible they can make the playoffs, just not likely at this point.

Give us credit, we only need it expanded to 14 or 12.

20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

We'd have to get to 8-8 first. That looks like a best-case scenario at this point. And as someone who has been through several of these cycles with the Jets, this season has all the hallmarks of a "down" year where they go 4-12 - 6-10. I can almost guarantee that they'll fall into that range - and I told people that before the season started so you can all save the "wow, what a bold prediction"-type comments.

The ship, she's-a sinkin' guys.