Trade Deadline Thursday @ 4PM (moved from Tuesday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Oct 28, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Contract year for Keller, not many will trade for him like that. Revis is on the IR. Brick leaves our Oline in a bigger mess and another hole we need to fix. That seems like going backwards since we won't get a ton for him.

2. Combustible Rextible

Jets can get a pick for Keller and he should be shopped around. If he is not going to get resigned here, have to get something for him.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Either use tebow or package him up for somthing . Player, Draft pick , I dont give a shit.

4. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Moore and Slauson please

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Agree completely. For me it's a "if the price is right" situation. I think Keller's the most likely piece to trade because you can always find another overrated TE anywhere (hell, pick up Kellen Winslow then). Only way that would work is if there were a team that thought they were a TE away from being a true contender. Highly unlikely.

6. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Don't have time to read this whole thread, but the rams are actively shopping Stephen Jackson.

The reason I kinda like the idea is that the rams wanna get rid of him and dont have a ton of leverage. I know he's old, but we've had good luck with RBs assumed to be over the hill. And we could get him for a mid-late pick.

I say pull the trigger on that.

AND

This is 100% a rumor, so dont quote me, but on the local Philly sports station today they were talking about shopping Trent Cole or Jason Babin around in order to give Vinny Curry and Brandon Graham more playing time.

IF that's true, I'd love to get Cole.

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The Jets may get a better supplemental pick for keller losing him in FA than they would trading him.

8. Combustible Rextible

True, but I think you meant "compensatory" pick. My understanding is that the formula for figuring out which round of compensatory pick you get for a lost free agent is held close to the vest by the NFL and is dependent on other free agency moves by a team. Most of the compensatory picks are in the sixth and seventh round with some in the fourth and fifth and a rare third rounder. If the Jets can get a second rounder from a contender who wants a TE, I say pull the trigger. If Keller ends up being worth a third or fourth round compensatory pick, I guess you make a trade one round up unless multiple teams want him and they could do better. If he is not going to be back next year, it would be a terrible waste if he just walks out the door without getting as much as possible.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you can't trade sanchez for a used puck bag, thanks to the idiot tannybum AND THAT GUARANTEED CONTRACT EXTENSION.:mad:

10. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

^^^ I've always wondered how that shit works.

But I dont think there will be a ton of interest in Keller in FA anyway.

11. mr nyjet

what he said.....:up:

12. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Wait what? Im the type of fan that doesn't pay attention to contracts or anything that happens in the off season other than the draft. Can you explain what you're talking in a nutshell.

And btw...

Revis for Cousins is a terrrrrible trade, unless it comes with first round picks, and they've already given those to STL. Revis is the best corner in the league, cousins is like not even the best QB on this roster.

You also can't teach a QB a new offense in a week. Ask Carson Palmer.

13. mr nyjet

what he said.....you do not have to change the offense, and he comes from a national championship school. his college coach did NOT say he came out too early or isn't prepared to be an nfl qb. seattle's wilson reminds me of mcelroy.

but at least wilson got the chance to play and earn the starter job. both tebow and mcelroy got no chance because the idiots handed the car keys to sanchez even after he crashed the car over and over again.

if there was a risk pool for nfl qbs, sanchez would be the charter member. even ufl teams would pass on this guy.

#73 mr nyjet, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  14. mr nyjet

sanchez was extended another two years and guaranteed $20 million . no team will trade for him and be on the hook for that cap spending, especially after his stats this year and last. he has badly regressed instead of improving.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

How about this idea, we. don't. do. anything.

How many trades do you see around the trade deadline? Not many.

The only sort of trades we should be even thinking of at this time is dumping players for picks to rebuild. Kirk Cousins is not the answers to our problems and trading the best CB to touch a football field in the last decade for a back-up QB is beyond retarded. If Tanny did that I would probably stop following this franchise because its going nowhere fast.

Revis has a LOT more trade value than a rookie backup QB. We could definitely get at least a 2nd, and I wouldnt doubt a 1st either. ACL injuries aren't huge injuries like they were years ago. He should be back next year close to 100%. Someone would pay him his money if he hit the FA market the year after.

16. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Not really. As long as he has compact mechanics, releases the ball quickly, throws perfect spiral and looks like a boss in practice, he will get a job somewhere no matter how badly he plays in real games. This is the way how GMs evaluate QB talent. So get over it, Sanchez was, is and will be a NFL starter.

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

So we give up on the season?

Not many means it happens correct?

Did I ever once say that Cousins is the answer, or that he should start if the trade was made? If we could trade for a pick, I would be ok with that as well.

Revis has trade value, and is the purpose of packaging him with Sanchez. Sanchez has none, but comes with a huge salary. Reducing our salary is much more important than a single pick, or a single player.

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

The only way to move him is to move our best player (Revis).

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Uhh Wilson and McElroy seems much different. Wilson seems to have a much better arm, a little more mobile, and can make more throws.

Did you also think, maybe Tebow and McElroy looked bad so they had to give the keys to Sanchez? If one of them actually went out there and lit it up, I'm sure it would be considered it. But not one report of either one ever doing amazing or showing up in practice. Sanchez won by default

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I never suggested Revis for Cousins. I suggested Revis & Sanchez for Cousins. Also, if we could trade for a pick, and pick up a free agent, fine. However, Cousins was a second/third round pick, and has some future potential. I don't care which, but we need to reduce salary.