Trade Deadline Thursday @ 4PM (moved from Tuesday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Oct 28, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

But the only way would be moving Revis? I don't see how that trade helps. I would make that trade if we had a young QB waiting or some young draft pick waiting. Instead, I could wait the 1 and 1/2 years with a young QB waiting next year while keeeping Revis or trading him for a haul since he doens't have Sanchez weighing down his value.

2. elevated84

elevated84 New Member

get dez bryant. i'm sure jerry jones isn't happy with him right now. bryant has so much talent and jets organization is a better fit for him

3. wildaces

wildaces Banned

This is where we disagree. I believe Sanchez is holding the team back, and we are not losing anything with trading Revis. Cro is playing out of this world as the 1. Our pass defense numbers continue to go down.

There is absolutely no other way to trade Sanchez with his salary, and ability where another team will take on his salary. I admit, even my trade proposal is far fetched, but is still viable. The Redskins have a strong team, with a bunch of cap space. Their secondary is horrid, and is the only thing holding them back from being a real threat.

4. ahteist tebow fan

ahteist tebow fan New Member

Trade tebow for some tacos, a mustache, and a pair of balls for sanchez!!!

5. displacedfan

Yeah I understand where you are coming from, I just don't think we have someone that can step in and help the team. Because while Sanchez is playing bad, we have some other problems that I don't see any FA QBs, tradeable QBs, or QBs on our roster improving enough. I see more long term success by trading Revis by himself for some high draft picks. Keeping Sanchez for 1.5 years but next year being a lame duck to be a backup QB behind him waiting in the wings. Or keeping Revis.

6. Pat$Leahy

Pat$Leahy Banned

Do you think we could trade the owner, GM, Headcoach an 3/4 of the players an get more than a conditional draft pick?

7. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

Exact same situation as Denver last year. Sanchez, ala Orton is ok, but erratic, lacks self confidence. Tends to commit momentum crushing turnovers. Not the kind of QB you want when trying to build a team identity that exudes physicall & mental toughness.

Cut your losses immediately. Sanchez out, Tebow in. If Ryan says no, fire him.

Tebow gets 8 games to show if he has progressed as a passer and reader of NFL defenses. If Tebow does not capitalize on the opportunity, cut him in the offseason and attempt to deal Sanchez. Draft a QB. If no one wants Sanchez' contract, he can tote a clipboard in NY.

We will see if the Jets owner has any shred of wisdom and or guts in the next few days.

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

anyone who is a real jet fan already knows the answer to that question.

9. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I don't believe it is his call. I know it is suppose to be, but watching his demeanor talking about Sanchez tells me a lot.

10. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Well said. Sanchez is talented but erratic, as dangerous to his own team as the opponent. There is no way to build a successful franchise with him....no way.

11. displacedfan

There is, we did it the first two years with him. We got away from it and he never made the jump

And the Ravens have done it with Flacco. Forgot about him. Giants with Eli for a little before Eli controlled his bad throws

#51 displacedfan, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  12. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

THIS. People around here are so fucking stupid.

13. TXJet

TXJet Banned

God, I hope not!! He is our starting QB!! TAke two weeks to change offense and play Tebow!! Rex and Tanny created this shit so I want to see what he can do.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize how blind our fan-base is. Tebow was a stunt our owner wanted to put asses in seats. Now the CS has to deal with him on the team cause Woody Johnson was enamored with new shiny toy.

Putting Tebow in as the starting QB will start the downward spiral into oblivion and the nine level's of Dante's Inferno. The Jets need to start looking for a new franchise Qb but Tebow will unravel everything.

15. Nublar7

Nublar7 New Member

The Jets are sellers, not buyers.

16. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Please go the proper sub-forum for your post. This is against the rule to talk about certain player here.

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I don't want Tebow any where near this team. If I had to take a shot, I would take it with McElroy.

18. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

all kidding aside, do we have any players we could trade that would bring back picks in '13? We're not making the playoffs, let's sell.

19. displacedfan

Who? You don't trade away blocks like Mangold or Brick, some of our better players. You don't trade young DL like we have, especially with our DL injuries. You don't trade Kerley/Hill.

Anyone with talent, we want to hang onto. Anyone not talented, nobody will want. We don't have that player that wants to leave or will get a HAUL so not worth it

I don't think the FO is going to embrace blowing everything up so it leaves little to no trade pieces we would be willing to part with or should part with.

#59 displacedfan, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Brick is not an elite player (Mangold is). I'd trade Brick if the price were right. He makes a lot of money, and while lockdown LTs are tough to find, I don't think he's necessarily on that level anyway. He's very good, but he gets paid to be elite.

I love the idea of trading Revis (but I would have much rather done that when he wasn't hurt). You'll get 25 cents on the dollar for him now, but I don't think building from the secondary in is a smart way to build a football team personally.

If someone wants Keller, please trade him. Never understood Jets fans' lovefest with him. As overrated as they come.