So how long do Rex and Tanny have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Oct 28, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't follow college football seriously, so not sure who that is. But the whole idea is a game manager can get us there, at least that's Rex's plan so a 2nd/3rd rounder if correcrly scouted, drafted, and surrounded could do that.

2. Jets have shown the ability to bring in talent that stacks up w/ the competition at 21/22 positions. The one position that has held back this franchise is a QB. With the rookie wage scale in place..it is time to change that.Draft a qb every 3 years if they have to until something sticks. Hey that's what Baltimore did.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Do you realize how hurt Mark's feeling would be in this scenario?

4. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

for the first time i think Rex has to be on the fence now. Too much talking coming from the Jets during the week, special teams playing awful, no imagination on offense...just looks like lack of discipline in a lot of areas.

5. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

The one thing I have to question about this franchise is their inability to hire a good Offensive Coordinator. If Sparano doesn't fix his playcalling issues over the bye week, its going to be a long couple of years since there's a decent chance he won't be fired after this season...

6. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Sanchez and Rex need to go.

STOP the excuses and the apologists. Enough is enough. Rex has lost this team and this is rock bottom.

7. PhatRex

PhatRex Banned

Been saying this for years. We will never win anything with the big three. Get Rex , Tanny and Tack out of here.

Wonder how many homers we have in here today? Just one more year for Marky Mark? He'll turn the corner in his 5th year lol.

8. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Lots of smoke now that Rex isnt getting it done. It really pains me bc I loved the guy, but there are so many signs of a team that is undisciplined, Uunfocused,

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we know Sanchez isn't it. Go for one next year 2013 draft, that guy learns and I really believe being on the bench or not having the starting job thrusted on you is a helpful thing. Surround the new QB with talent in 2013, let Sanchez ride off to another team, surround the team with talent in that 2014 draft, competitively start new QB in 2014-2015 season.

I think I'm considered a "sanchez fan" too and my whole plan is throwing him under bus and telling him he's not the future of the Jets. Funny stuff.

10. Pat$Leahy

Pat$Leahy Banned

So true, Woody did fire Tannenbaum, probably make Bradway GM again, or even better hire Matt Millen.

11. klarkkent44

klarkkent44 Member

I hear Woody just purchased a beautiful new yacht he, Rex, Sanchez, Tannenbaum, And Sporano should all jump board and leave town to beat hurricane Sandy and never come back

12. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I have no problem blowing this thing up and starting back over. But, if we do that, I want Rex as the HC. I wouldn't trust Tanny to build a winner though.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i agree. i like rex and would like to see some continuity. however this is tanny's second coach.the nfl has a law of 2. gm's get 2 coaches coaches get 2 qb's. unfortunately we are out of whack with rex only getting mark. it would be hard to get a gm worth a damn that will accept inheriting a coach. giving that, i would be fine if they cleaned house and brought gruden in if it meant a good gm that made his bones scouting talent

14. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Tannenbum goes first and let the new GM evaluate whether to keep Rex or not. Also Woody needs to go the Leon Hess route and STFU.

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If Tanny goes, our new GM will probably not be interested in bringing Rex back. Its pretty much they both go or no one goes.

16. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If we don't make the playoffs (which we probably won't) I think Tanny gets canned in the offseason. Rex deserves to stay. This team just isn't that talented. We missed our opportunity to win the SB in 09-10.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think they'll both be gone after this season. The team looks so bad, it looks like it needs to be blown up and start over. And once you think that, you think "if it's going to have to be blown up, why not bring in the new guys to do that?"

18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think it's better to bring in a high profile coach like Gruden, and get a GM who know how to run the talent scouting organization and draft.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the new GM is a real football guy he'll want the decks clear before he signs on. That'll be a pre-requisite for taking the job.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Exactly, new GM it's a clean slate.

This team has declined since the end of 2010, Rex has to take just as much of the blame as Tanny.