Did Tebow miss the block?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by _Jet_, Oct 28, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

It was his job to call the protection

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I have no clue. Tebow was occupied by a rusher (28) that would have also blocked the punt if he hadn't been picked up, but I don't know if they're supposed to do something else there.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

How about this, it is on the entire ST.

5. gameaddict8

gameaddict8 New Member

Can't see it, but I'm sure they'll talk about it on First Take. lol

6. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

LS can't block as quickly as a regular center. That's the reason why it's illegal to line up against a LS. Otherwise, more than 50% punt would be blocked.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Westhoff was talking to him after the play, that I do know. It wouldn't shock me, I mean for a guy who's 'never' done punt protection in his life probably he's done pretty good up to this point but you have to expect a hiccup or two there.

8. bobaru

bobaru Banned

Who cares? He shouldn't even f'n be back there. These f'n coaches are a disgrace.

9. catfish

catfish New Member

ehhh, in the end it didn't matter much if what people take away from this game is Tebow missed a block they have an axe to grind. I didn't see any player who wasn't absolutely horrific today

10. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

If Tebow messes up, he's the type to own up to his mistakes. He doesn't go around blaming other people.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If he did, he needs to tell the media.

12. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

The ugly part of punt protection hasn't shown up yet: after the returner catches the ball, every single player of the cover team is fair game for hard knock. Remember how Kurt Warner was knocked into retirement? It's only matter of time a 280 pound LB bone-crashes Tebow from his blindside.

13. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

He'll get asked about it for sure. If he messed up and that was his block, I think he'll say that.

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

The problem is: tebow isn't a fuckin punt protector. The sooner the coaching staff realizes this, the better.

15. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I am sure Westhoff asked him wth happened and how did the guy get free. Tebow was tied up with another guy that came free. After the initial discussion they showed them again and Tebow was illustrating how the guy looped around from the left side to the right. I think they were just trying to figure out what happened.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm sure if the Jets traded him to the NY Knicks, some people would say he is a terrible football player because he can't play power forward.

17. TexNYJ

TexNYJ New Member

They do realize it. Tebow being a punt protector and Tebow getting the ball in the "Wildcat" and slamming into the center of the line every single time is nothing more than Rex giving everyone the finger. He didn't want Tebow

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Either Westhoff didn't have him prepared or Tebow missed the rush coming. From my understanding, he assigns the blocking partially, so even if it wasn't his block, he should have been coached to be ready and how to handle it.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess he's not the best punt protector in NFL history anymore. Somebody needs to jingle a milk jug full of pennies to make him feel better.

He is there to call the protect coverage. He failed. That was on Tebow.

Should he be in that role? That may be another story, but the fact is that much lesser players fill that role every week for every team and punt blocks are rare.

Tebow can't even call protection for a punt team. Why would anyone think he can do it for an offense? And by that, i mean for more that one drive a game?

#19 abyzmul, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  20. TexNYJ

TexNYJ New Member

Tebow is a shit QB, but if he fucked up in the punt game he'll definitely own up to it. Hell, he'll own up to it even if it wasn't his fault. While Shitchez is over on the sidelines between interceptions and failed drives texting his 16 year old side piece and giggling over what frat party to attend next, Tebow is at least trying to be a leader and is a solid football player.

Sanchez is a steaming piece of shit QB and a completely worthless sack of dog shit as a leader and/or football player.