SI 2010 article about Tebow - for fans only

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JaxSuzy, Oct 26, 2012.

1. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

God, I hated Stafford when the Lions creamed Denver last year. The Lions kept mocking Tebow with their fake Tebowing and Stafford looked so smug it was classless. Think he was happy to beat Tebow for once.

2. Remarker

Remarker Banned

He's already changed some of his sig. In the last couple of weeks he put in the 'Just sayin' part of his sig. I've had 'Just Sayin' in my sig. for months.

I guess I should be flattered. The adage is 'imitation is the highest form of flattery'. And I don't blame CC for wanting to be like someone other than CC,,,but for CC to copy me??? I'm not flattered. I feel violated. It's CC, for christ sake.

#22 Remarker, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Come on now, the only reason is megatron? It works hand in hand. Megatron was playing really well and that's partly due to Stafford, the kid that threw for 41
    Tds, 19? Picks, and 5000 yards. The only reason for those was Calvin Johnson? You really want to start that argument? Stafford doesn't suck this year either, he's played inconsistently average. Do people know the term sucking? It's what flacco did Sunday in Houston.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

NFL players come from outer space. They are mutant aliens who run the 40 yard dash so fast that they actually slow themselves down, so as not to cause time to reverse. They have cat-like reflexes which are so superior to a college player's that if even the worst NFL defensive player by himself played against the best college offense, he would intercept every single pass and/or sack the QB. There would be no rushing yards because he would have already sacked the QB before the hand-off. Although he would be the only defensive player out there on the field, his defensive scheme would be so complex that not even Albert Einstein, let alone a measly college QB could understand it.

The aliens are so smart that they purposely hide their true skills in college until they get drafted into the NFL... and that is where they show their gorilla strength and sound-barrier breaking speed.

5. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Ohhh, OK. My bad. :beer:

6. Gorick2002

Gorick2002 New Member

7. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Matt Leinert. Vince Young. Jamarcus Russell. Ken Dorsey. Charlie White. Tommy Frasier. Charlie Ward. Danny Weurfel. Tim Tebow.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

A group of players who won a playoff game as a starter in the NFL?

Oh no then the list would look like this

Tim Tebow

9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

No it's a list of great college players whose game did not translate to the next level.

Tim Tebow is the backup to the worst QB in football. Truly a pathetic NFL player, whose peers find him vastly overrated, and who has now been exposed as unathletic and not really good at anything besides celebrating after 3 yard runs.

The delusions of Tebow grandeur get bigger by day. The guy is pretty much considered a joke by most people. ESPN fan poll yesterday asked would he ever be a legit starting QB again, and 86% said no.

Give it up the guy is nothing special at this level.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

here is another great poll!

In this poll the NFL players voted him to the top 100 but of course mr. pee pee pants, you know more than NFL players.

Tim Tebow voted 95th-best player in NFL by vote of peers
    http://content.usatoday.com/communi...player-in-nfl-by-vote-of-peers/1#.UIwo5W_A8kI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#30 CowboysFan, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Every now and then, I just have to acknowledge a great post.

12. displacedfan

ESPN polls are ridiculously bad if you are talking about their fan polls. It's fan opinions.

And Tebow is athletic for a guy his size. He is agile and has good footwork when running. He can pull a quick move through a hole, but most likely will run over you.

He does need to improve his QB play dramatically or he will fall on the Vince Young/Matt Leinart list in the long run. Right now he's headed that direction but things change quickly in the NFL. It's looking more and more (barring injury) his best shot at being a QB in the future is with another team, not the Jets

13. displacedfan

Mark Sanchez would be on it 4 times :up:

Matt Ryan wouldn't be there :rofl:

14. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Brilliant LOL! That explains why a Tebow-style college offense is so easy for an NFL defense to defeat yet so hard for an NFL offense to learn for a few plays each game. The mutation explains it all mwahaha!

15. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Hahahahahahaha

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Calvin Johnson demands a double team if your team dosn't have a shut down corner like Revis. This leaves one on one with other WR and they can win one on one coverage with Burleson (out for year) and Titus Young. Put Stafford with the Jets or the Jags and he would suck.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

absolutely but this is not about mark sanchez or matt ryan so not sure why you feel the need to mention them.

It was in reference to a post of former Heisman winners.

18. displacedfan

On the Jags maybe. On this team last year, he would have gotten hurt. On this team in 2010-2011, he probably puts up better stats than Sanchez. Some credit has to go to Stafford.

I know, but it shows you playoff wins are more than a QB. You would agree Ryan is a better QB than Sanchez and Tebow?

19. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Um...

... you guys DO realize that out of the 22 starters on the Gators team Tebow played on, FIFTEEN were drafted into the NFL, right?

Tebow was surrounded by an entire team that had NFL-caliber talent everywhere, playing against college teams with college-level talent.

The next time you're wondering why Tebow isn't as dominant a QB in the NFL as he was at Gainesville, you might want to consider that Urban Meyer put a team around him that totally outclassed any other college team.

Tebow didn't make the players around him better. The players around him made Tebow look a lot better than he actually was...

20. iPlayiBall

iPlayiBall New Member

Last I recalled, Tim was one of the Gators players drafted into the NFL as well so to imply that they carried Tebow is absolutely ridiculous.

Tebow will go down as one of the G.O.A.Ts of college football. No attempts at trying to rewrite history by someone who likely never saw a Gator game in their entire life won't change this. At all.