War of Words Heating Up With Fins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

lol that was actually a good zinger by Pouncey.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Whatever happened to Channing Crowder anyway?

3. Ted

Ted Member

:rofl: That's as good as Pouncey's quip. Well done Sir.

4. Ted

Ted Member

Doubt if he gets more then Reggie. What is he up to? 9 mil?

5. Ted

Ted Member

It's good to see this game getting back to the way it should be. This has been one of the better Jets-Phins weeks in a while. Helps when there is more then just pride on the line.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

^You're right I like it this way too. I'm so ready for this game

More than anything I don't want Sparano to get to think that we made a mistake by firing him.

7. FakeSpikeLOL

FakeSpikeLOL New Member

Fins released him prior to last season and he opted to retire rather than join another team.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The dolphins have the better history but unfortunately for you guys that history was pretty much all the 70s and 80s. You can make fun of us for making 2 title games but Miami hasn't made one since 1992(where they were thrshed at home) and they haven't been close since 1994.

Miami has ONE playoff app since 2002, Miami has ONE playoff win since 2000. The supposedly crapp rex Ryan and mark Sanchez have 4 playoff wins, from 1995 through current the Miami Dolphins franchise has THREE playoff wins.

You can hop in your delorean and talk about ancient history all you want just make sure punch back in 2012 and come back to reality when you are done.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Absolutely, the jets and phins should hate it each other. This is a huge game(as huge as an october game can be) for both teams. I kind of feel like this is almost our season this week b/c this team is super confident right now and a loss could kill that confidence. The Jets didn't talk much last year, the fact that they are talking now gives me confidence, it feels like the NE playoff game 2 years ago where rex had that team so wired up. I can't wait for this game.

10. Keep living in the past. The Dolphins have essentially been an irrelevant joke since 2000. But hey...I guess you can still watch Mercury,Larry & the no-namers on VHS. But just why exactly should Jet fans feel any sort of disdain for success your team had well over 25 years ago?

Frankly I feel bad for you. It must really suck to have to go back decades to find any meaningful point of contention when conversing with one of your team's most fierce rivals.

Not only have the Jets been overwhelmingly more successful in the new millenium...They've swept Dolphins 5 times since 2000 & 7 times if you go back to 1998.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Kurt,

I'd be on board completely with this post, except for one small thing, and that is that Ryan's record against the fish, fish teams that have mostly been bad, is nothing to be proud of. It's been one of the things about Ryan that sticks in my craw. I get why he's always talking about the Pats, and why the Jets make personnel moves with the Pats in mind. But there's still that rivalry with Miami, and every divisional game is up for grabs no matter what the records of the respective teams in those games. It's a lucky thing the Jets match up well against Buffalo, because even with that the Jets have not had great division records since Ryan has gotten here. Yeah, there's been some success against the Pats, but not enough against the fish.

12. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

So you aren't allowed to work out and grow muscle as a human being?

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Again, different coaching staff, different offensive system, different QB ...

What Rex's Jets have done against the Dolphins prior to this season has very little to do with this year.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Rex stepped ON HIM on the way to a fight - game over.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Have you ever lifted weights?

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

lmao I loved Barts interview on ESPN radio today explaining the story behind the "hot sauce" quote.

He talked about how Reggie Bush cheap shotted him when he was in Baltimore and Reggie was a Saint so he got Rex to play cover 1 all game so he could guard Reggie and Reggie started complaining to Ray Lewis about Scott and then got a mysterious ankle injury and didnt return and Bart said after the game something along the lines of "oh yeah he must have had some hot sauce on his ankle" or something like that. Lmfao that was a great story. I love Bart.

It's obvious after hearing Bart speak on it that the Jets were and are not trying to hurt Reggie Bush. Sounds like the "hot sauce" comment by Rex just got under Reggie's skin because he probably remembers that day. lmao what a baby. That was great.

#76 kevmvp, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

This

[​IMG]

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Alright man I hate to go benedict-Jets fan on you here but I've gotta side with the fins fan. PED use is RAMPANT in sports, and the fact that you disregard there even being the potential that Landry is on/has been on steroids shows me you either A) have never played competitive sports at a high level or B) have never lifted seriously.

PED use often starts in highschool man, it's highly prevalent in sports from there on out. You don't get to look like Landry through chicken breasts and lifting alone, you just don't. These guys are all the result of genetics, hard work, and a little help on the side in many cases. It's ignorant of you to write off the notion of Landry being on something so easily. Lol @ the "he's never been caught so he's never done any PED" rationale, just furthers my point that you don't know the first thing about steroids or how they work.

#78 REVISion, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  19. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

So I should listen to you? A person with false accusations based on photos. Please, you have no proof what so ever. You have no idea what caloric consumption along with an intense workout plan can do.

The link was based on observational opinion, not fact.

20. Pat$Leahy

Pat$Leahy Banned

Ya if only we would have had the insight to draft Pat White instead:rofl: