Sanchez Does Enough to Keep His Job

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

One thing you have to understand -- Jacksonville is an armpit and the organization is horrible.

Second thing -- he has a better chance to start here based on timing alone -- Sanchez is on year 4. It's pretty clear he's not the long term answer. So there's a chance to get on this ride next year. Gabbert was just picked and will probably get a full shot unless he's just terrible.

(To anybody who lives in JAX, I think it's a great place to grow up, but it is not ready for prime time and it's going to lose the team. No offense intended).

2. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Hello, I'm right here in Jacksonville and I'll be happy to share our little secret with you. Well, its not even a secret.

Everyone hates the Jags owner 5 billion times more than you hate Woody. We all expect him to sell the team across the country any minute. We thought the Jets had a better team than the Jags and an experienced QB (Sanchez) that Tebow could learn behind without pressure. We were stupid enough to believe that Rex and Sparano had some great wildcat plan and other ingenious plays for Tebow. Evidently they convinced Tebow as well. It would've been selfish for us to want him to come here and get hurt with our crappy OL letting him get sacked 5 times a minute. He'd have been here for one year just so the owner can get more money when he sells the team out. We were GLAD he didn't go to the Fags.

Well surprise surprise Sparano is an idiot and Rex is clueless as a head coach. Thank God the special teams coach is able to effectively use Tebow. If he'd been used properly along with Sanchez we'd have won 1 or maybe even 2 more games already. Sanchez doesn't have to be benched for Tebow to help the team.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Agreed, especially the NE game.

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

wise words ..............

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Maybe it's not that you didn't watch it. Maybe it's that you didn't understand what you were watching?

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Mark Sanchez completed 9 passes on throws 15+ yards downfield vs NE, most in career and tied for league high this season, per @ESPNStatsInfo

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

For some people, anything less than "sustained excellence" from the QB is unacceptable. Unless we're talking about Captain Intangible.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

hahahaha!!!!!

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Perhaps...

Or perhaps you did not understand what I wrote.

Haha, indeed.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Well not today, he was bad.

As a Tebow fan, we have to realize that once you bench Sanchez, he is done for good, that means people might be getting fired if Tebow doesn't work out. I say put him in the Seattle and St Louis Game and if he can't play, then the season will be over and put Tebow and Mcelroy in.

11. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

But wait, Diddy. Everyone thinks Woody is the one who wanted Tebow. If that's true nobody will get fired if he doesn't work out.

Or - what about this devious thought: Ryan and / or Sparano wanted Tebow but they didn't want fans mad at them so Woody gets blamed.

Just thinking a little about a really Machiavellian post by Br4dw4ySux the other day.

12. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

A drunk friend once told me NFL coaches and GMs work extremely hard and barely sleep. They are so sleep deprived that they actually act like DUI drivers. They turn defensive instantly when anyone points out they are drunk. In order not to crash the vehicle, they try very hard to follow whatever everybody else is doing. If a QB is different than any other, they avoid him. If somebody else doesn't want a player, they all don't want him. If a coach is actually willing to think, e.g. Belichick, he would become a legendary one for sure.

13. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Hahahaha Classic!

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I know it says hes banned, but you think Woody will give them a pass if Tebow fails? You think he will step into the spotlight and say, I forced the trade and forced Tebow on them. Or you think he will say they didn't use Tebow correctly as a starting QB and throw them out the door and start new?

15. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

That was my point on the Jets forum. If Mr. Johnson got Tebow here, and Tebow fails, then I think Mr. Johnson will feel like he has some responsibility in that. I think it helps Rex's job security to at least try something new. Am I the only one besides Suzy that thinks this? I'm not saying I'm right, but its a theory.

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

HTML:

i dont need sustained excellence, but sustained competance would be nice.

forget tebow for a second, sanchez simply is not a good player and wed be crazy to stick with him

17. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I was hoping he'd get traded to the Steelers for just that reason.

18. JFjets

JFjets New Member

It's called Groupthink. Very, VERY few people in this world have the balls to do something in the face of "everyone else" saying they shouldn't. Belichik has balls. Rex doesn't.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You can always fall back on sustained irony.

20. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Hmm Rex continues with "Sanchez gives us the best chance to win" /yawn

The crazy part about this, is its not like Sanchez is bad like Romo or Orton. Atleast they stat padded properly in losses =x