17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah but as long as you have fans like Giants fans or Cowboys fans that are willing to pay for the cockamamie, meaningless, practice skirmishes (I won't even call them "games"), the league isn't going to drop the prices.

And I don't know if the individual teams like the Jets can make their own policy about that and drop the price. They're probably mandated by the league to tow the line like everyone else lest they erode the pricing power of the league in general.

So I think we're fucked but good with these ridiculous 2 games at full face. For a team like the Giants, they don't give a damn because they know their fanbase will pay. But for poor old Woody, those extra 2 games are a freaking deal-breaker for many guys who think they're already paying way too much and worse, they've been fucked around by a ticket office that totally disrespected their seniority, lied to them repeatedly, passed them up for newbies and pissed on them in general.

Woody has no pricing power now. Zero. And it'll get worse every time El Guappo decides to handle the ball like a loaf of bread. If Ryan stands by his man like he said he is going to do, then he'll go down with the Cisco Kid too. It'll all culminate in a 5-11 season and ticket prices hitting ridiculous record lows.

2. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

I would think the Jets are in some tye of a violation as well for those that want to walk away from PSLs.

They discounted PSLs after many bought in.
    They stopped the requirement of buying preseason tix after many paid for them.
    They gave out free parking after many paid for it.

My $50.00 seats might not have the best view but they look pretty damn good from a financial standpoint with the condition of this team this season.

3. Section 227. Row 5

I hate your guts.

4. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Come on man is that really necessary? Arent we all basically in the same Jets boat?

5. Section 227. Row 5

You don't know me well enough yet. It's my attempt at humor! And now you've ruiined my punch line, dammit.

6. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

I agree. If only I could just return 4 of the 8 psl I tried that last year they said no. I would love to keep row 7 aisle in section 124 forever but if I have to unload on all of them then I guess I have to. So we will see. Losing 10k on psl that I would give away to me sounds so dumb but than again losing another 10k in psl remaining balance and 10k a year in tickets does sound worse.

So we shall see.

7. Jerseyboyisback

I also thought about this....Would I be better since I already paid 10k in PSL and still owe 10.5k...upgrading to like sideline seats? Getting only 4. I would be able to lower the season tickets to 4 and not 8.......I get more bang for my buck now but if ticket sales are like this and I can not sell PSL this is another thought I had.

8. Section 227. Row 5

If they will allow you to upgrade and at the same time consolodate from 8 down to 4 (and give you full credit toward what you already paid in), I would probably do that in a heartbeat.

I pretty much did the same thing when I had 342 Row 16 and then wanted 335 Row 9 but they wouldn't let me trade in, so I bought the better seats and then had 8 seats total. Then I turned around and talked them into upgrading me to a better section but giving me 4 instead of the 8 and they did it.

Then they forgot they upgraded me, so when the recent upgrade came around, I was able to get Row 2 sideline (UD still). But Row 2 is a hell of a lot better than Row 16 further from the 50.

So yeah, you should call them and bug them, especially if the Jets tank. They are going to be in full panic mode again and looking to make deals just to keep guys in their seats.

The only thing with this strategy is, I had leverage by telling them I was going to walk on all 8 seats if they didn't upgrade me and cut it back to 4. With the PSLs, they know they've got you by the balls already and don't have to cave.

But who the hell knows? If we wind up 6-10 or 5-11 the ticket office panic will set in again and maybe they'll deal with you. Tell them you're very unhappy and the 8 seats are going to waste and you made a big mistake. Sometimes you get the right sympathetic person on the phone who goes to the boss and gets approval. They make deals all the time, it's just that they don't want anybody to know it.

9. Section 227. Row 5

These are all excellent points but I'm sure their legal department investigated potential violations of league rules before signing off.

Of course, just because it's legal doesn't make it ethical or a good business model. These were all acts of desperation and the impact on current ticketholders was totally ignored, as was what the retaliation might be after they find out once again they were fucked around yet one more time by Woody.

In other words, it's a terrible business decision with devastating consequences. Now the current UD ticketholder, who was just merely thinking of maybe bailing, now has cause to say to himself, "WTF am I doing here? I'm going to send in my money again this year for all 10 games plus parking at full face and then they're going to turn around and sell individual seats for $50 without requiring Preseasons? Am I fucking crazy?"

The worst part is that a guy who has, let's say, Section 335 Row 9, and he paid full face and thinks he got a decent deal, but there are still many empty seats around him. And he sits down on Sunday and somebody plops down next to him who paid $50 for Row 22 but slid down to Row 9 when he spotted the empty seats. And now the shmuck is sitting there with his full-face tickets + parking + Preseasons and this other guy pays $50 and move down to the same level. Happens all the time.

So this is not going to stand the test of time at all. Woody has created a real monster now with all these giveaways and he hasn't even cultivated a long-time, loyal fan. The guy will be gone in a heartbeat with a losing season.

It would have been much cheaper and much smarter for Woody to take care of his loyal old timers in the first place, right out of the git-go. Don't fuck them around but rather give them good UD seats right off the bat commensurate with their seniority as promised. But oh no. We've got to play games and hold out the first 12 rows and then sell to total strangers and make the seniority guys grovel like hell for the better seats and legit upgrades they previously promised.

Somebody gave Woody Johnson terrible... absolutely TERRIBLE customer relations advice. Either that, or Woody was complicit in the Bernie Madoff swindle and knew what was happening and continued fucking the UD guys because he had so little regard for them they they didn't matter. Now he's struggling like hell to get them back and once lost, these guys are sitting home watching the games on their 60" HDTV and saying "Fuck you Woody" as they open another bottle of Corona, which, incidentally, isn't costing them $9.75.

10. Jerseyboyisback

Yea I just called he said alot of people are defaulting and you can do that. So I may do that on dec 15th change credit card and than be done save 1500 and only lose 8500

Nevermind cant do that I sold tickets to a broker and they would probably void the chargers game. So I will be paying and seeing what I can do in the off season either sell 4 or consolidate.

I wonder if I can take legal actions that they are now selling PSL seats to PSL holders. This should not be allowed, that is why I bought 8 vs 4 and can argue that I would have only bought 4 if I knew that was an option.

I have till april or when we need to renew tickets. If i can sell all 8 PSL and make more than my balance better than defaulting. May sell 4 who knows. I will keep everyone posted.

#15950 Jerseyboyisback, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  11. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

When you authorized them to charge your credit card originally it was for one particular transaction. They cannot charge your card again without you authorizing it again. If I use my CC to pay my electric bill for the month of March, but then don't pay the bill for April and May do they have the right to just charge my card for those months even though I didn't authorize it?

They did not set up the annual PSL payments as automatic debits to your accounts (credit or bank) on an ongoing basis. Year to year you choose how to pay and what to pay with.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Take this argument and run with it.

The only change I would make is, you are saying you WERE FORCED TO BUY a second PSL for the 4 new seats. Now you are finding out that others are buying PSL seat tickets WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY the PSL for those seats. There IS A DIFFERENCE!

So now when you get back on the phone, you finally have some ammuniton with which to play hardball with them. Tell them it's not right. Tell them they forced you to do something they're not imposing on others now. Tell them you don't want to call Joe Beningo but you will if you have to.

Play softball-hardball and tell them, "Look, I don't want to leave. I just want you to make this right. Can't you speak to your supervisor and give me a sideline upgrade but eliminate 4 seats and give me full credit toward the new PSL?" It's worth a shot.

13. JetsSec337Lot13B

Selling playoff tickets may not get you a profit either. I sometimes buy/sell tickets for extra money. A few years ago I could make $5-8k. Now maybe $2k if I'm lucky. I attend every Jets game so I don't ever sell those but I did get extra parking passes to sell but even that isn't worth it anymore.

Anyway I managed to get 6 Giants playoff tickets last year. You'd think I hit a gold mine and I made a total profit of $50 off 6 tickets after fees.

Had Yankees playoff tickets this year I lost money on them.

14. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

This is by far the best post ive read on this forum since being a member here. You are a true dedicated fan who knows what hes talking about. Its a shame Woody Johnson didnt listen to guys like you. I know many who have opted to sit home watch the big screen and drink beer.

15. Jerseyboyisback

I thought about it....Im better off selling 126 row 20 for like 7500 and than keeping my 124 row 7 aisle for 12500 just because I and everyone I bring or sell to loves the tickets and I always sell for a profit if not face value. Never have sold for less except preseason.

So I will remain a Jets STH.

Trying the whole they made me buy them could work but they will make me give up the row 7 seats and keep row 20 when I dont want row 20.

So That is going to be my plan.

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

So you can just stop paying and they can't come after you? Weren't people here saying you are stuck for life if you get a psl? Guess they were wrong.....

17. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Who would come after you the Jets police? Lock you up in a Jets prison? You default you walk away thats it. Worse case scenario you wont be able to ever get season tickets of any kind from the Jets. This isnt a mortgage or a car loan where they can repo something or put a lien on it. Think about it.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Not necessarily.

You never know what will happen if you don't call them. Approach them with a consolodation. You want to stay in the stadium but you certainly want to get rid of the Row 20s before the Row 7s, so just tell them you're not happy with the Drip Line seats and feel they owe you some consideration. I'm telling you, you never know what will happen unless you call.

Maybe they will let you out of both in exchange for something a little better even, and you tell them that would make you deliriously happy if only all of your PSL monies paid in can be applied to the new seats.

It's worth a try and you have nothing to lose except 5 minutes of your time. I do think now is not the right time however. If the season tanks they are going to be getting bombarded with phone calls and probably cancellations. Then they will be in panic mode again and looking to stop the slide, just like when I called. The timing is everything. I really think you have a shot, but wait until the season is over.

If Woody thinks things are bad now with all the money he has to lay out for ads offering $50 seats, wait until after the season is over and if the Jets are less than 8-8 for the year. He is not only going to get hit with UD cancellations again, he's going to see PSL walkaways at an alarming rate. That will give you the opportunity to get in on the "Musical Chairs" scenario. It worked for me.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaa.... yes, he's thinking about it.

Give him some time.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

I'm already in Jets prison. No one has ever escaped from Jets prison.