17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes, it certainly is now something to think about for everyone. And was certainly something for everyone to think about severeal years ago when they bought the fucking things.

WTF were you thinking, dude? Come on, man. You owe us an explanation. Just What The Fuck were you thinking the day you signed up for these things? Be honest, man, We won't hold it against you if you come clean.

2. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Honestly, Seeing my family owning all giants 8 season tickets my whole life and me being a HUGE Jets fan at the time I was living in Cincinnati knew I was moving back to jersey and thought that if I bought them it would be my only way in. Thought games would be sold out thought tickets would be over face value.

So I bought 4 PSL section 126 row 20. I went and saw the stadium and me being me was like man person in row 1 spent same money as I did in row 20. So I called and called everyday finally someone upgraded and I had chance to buy row 7 Aisle seats. So I wanted to transfer my 4 over but they would not let me. So I bought 4 more.

1st year was great made 1800 profit on selling tickets and went to most of games
    2nd year was great as well made 1600 profit and went to most of games
    This year sold all of tickets to broker for a 1450 profit and purchased tickets to games on stubhub.

Looking at it now I will try to sell 4 PSL and or see what happens with team.

I can not understand how the Giants and used to be jets tickets go for so much money to now this year nothing half of face value.

It will be interested if the market picks back up for jets tickets like it was 2 years ago selling all tickets for 200-250+.

I will keep you all posted what I do at end of year. But being 23 I can take the financial hit now but have to see what is best for long run......10-15 years from now. If jets become good worth it to have season tickets or not?

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

part of it was the new stadium draw, part of it was the we are going to win the super bowl draw.

this year is probably alot closer to the reality of the situation.

of course that is unless we win a superbowl, then every douchebag in the tri state area will be looking for jets tickets.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Sorry to hear the regret but you where warned

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Explain to me how you calculated profit? 1st year was 1800 profit but u went to most of the games. Well how much did u spend on tickets to attend those games? Then subtract that from your profit and then that will be the real profit number

6. Jerseyboyisback

Ill do it in morning i have a spreadsheet but my girlfriend and I went to a bunch of games and for free plus 1800 so yes more than 1800 but 1800 cash plus games.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

It all depends on the opponents. The first two years in the stadium you were lucky a new stadium and opponents that you can make a killing on. Year 1: Ravens first game in new stadium, Favre and the Vikings, Packers, Patriots in September, etc. etc. Year 2: Cowboys, Giants, Chargers went for a fortune for some reason, and a few others. This year besides the 49ers no other games to get people excited. Keep in mind when I list these opponents it's a lot of their fans who sit in your seats.

I kept a small Yankees ticket plan this past season only because it cost me $205 total for the plan to keep my post season rights. I got my season tickets in 2007 for a Sunday plan and in 2008 I made $4k on Sunday tickets and a couple other games I got in presales plus went to 10 games for free as well. 2009 first year in the new stadium I had a 20 game plan and did about $2k because I couldn't get as many tickets and went to 15 games for free and also saw them in game 6 of the World Series. 2010 did about $1,500 and then 2011 made only $400.

I had 4 tickets and for big games I would keep two and sell two for 3-4 times face value. It was the only way I could afford to go to the games.

Now it's not worth it anymore any game you want can be had for peanuts. Football is different but I would never invest in tickets to resell. You're 20% in the hole right away because of pre-season.

8. Jerseyboyisback

Yes true. Now if the commissioner changes preseason rules would change nfl and ticket situations or cut prices in half.

I also forgot to add that my original 4 psl should have cost 20k so when they reduced it to half price adding 4 better seats looked great! Something will have to give.....maybe every psl owner will just not renew tickets or sell to someone cheaper or balance owed.....ill keep you posted end of year.....no point in stressing about it now and who knows maybe we get a home playoff game.

9. Section 227. Row 5

At least you were smart enough to take the financing plan. What about the guys who convinced themselves to plop down the entire PSL up front?

Now they are paying face for their tickets every year and sitting next to obnoxious Dolphags fans this Sunday who paid far less on StubHub. That's got to be frustrating as hell. And there's no way out.

10. Jerseyboyisback

This is true. If someone paid off he balance than they just ride the wave! Ticket sales CAN AND WILL NOT be this bad for the next 10-27 years.

I am also debating I may just ride the wave as well.

I already paid 10000 on 8 psl owe 10500 left. I feel like im too invested already especially for my seats and what I have seen them sell for.

I will pay off for PSL in 11 years if I keep making 1400.....If I lose money than add on some years. So long run it is better to keep it.

Just like the economy. Dont sell stock and panic ride it out it will one day pick up! (We hope lol)

11. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, here's the problem. Ticket sales MIGHT VERY WELL BE THIS BAD and in all likelyhood WILL BE THIS BAD for the next 10-27 years!

Do not take my word on this. Ask Champ or Italian Seafood or anybody on the board who has had seasons for 30 years. You've had two very good years, but the historical trend for this team is that selling season tickets is a LOSER big time. This is something you're going to have to get used to. I'm not trying to scare you or create drama, just stating the facts.

I have ALWAYS lost money during season in which I couldn't go. Not only did I lose money, I couldn't even GIVE the freaking thigs away for many years.

So what, pray tell, leads you to believe the Jets are a new team and things will be different and we're now on a roll and creating our own New Englad Dynasty. We're obviously not! A QB in his 4th year and stinking up the field big time to the point where we're going to need to "rebuild" again. If the situaton wasn't so dire it would be laughable.

SO.... I HIGHLY recommend not "riding the fucking wave." I am telling you that you need to seriously consider selling the PSL to AT LEAST the one set of 4 seats. Sell while you can still get out fairly gracefully, not when you have to get beat up unmercifully by somebody. I know you have more than entertained this idea because you have posted here regularly that you want to move one of the two sets of PSLs. VERY SMART MOVE.

Seriously, I am only telling you this b/c you seem like a nice enough young man, but a guy your age should not be trying to make money off the notion that Jets tickets are a desirable commodity. They are most certainly not. This is not the NY Giants or GB Packers with a demand that outweighs the supply. The Jets are a different situation entirely. Even the history of the team puts pressure on ticket prices, b/c many Jets fans still have the same SOJ mentality, so the first sign of trouble (as we have now at 3-4) and the ticket prices plummet, unlike the giants who have several SB to cling to.

A 23-year old guy should be doing much more with his time and money than trying to eek out a small profit on such a large investment. Go look at some multi-family residential rentals, for example; a good place to start. That would be a winner. The other is a loser. Keep the one good PSL if you must and dump the other while you still can. Then take the cash and try to leverage it as a downpayment on some real estate for starters.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I'm not sure of that since if the NYJs have your CC # they could trigger it for full payment in case you decide to default :sad:

13. championjets69

Nope disagree with this the demand DEPENDs totally on the NYJs have the aura of being a SB contending team which at the present time & the forseeable future it will not :sad:

14. championjets69

nope it depends on the aura that the NYJs have a SB contending team plain & simple :sad:

15. Jerseyboyisback

Can just cancel that credit card...They dont have SS#, all they have is CC and Mailing address. I can move as well lol

16. Jerseyboyisback

Good call I have been trying to sell 4 since day last year because 8 tickets is just alot. but dont want to take a huge hit on them but I do see your point. If we somehow win AFC East and get a home game I will try and sell PSL with playoff tickets as a package. May work. We shall see.

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You're 100% right. It's very likely that things will get much much worse

18. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

If you own PSLs and have made partial payments on them I would just call the Jets and tell them you cannot afford it anymore and need to get out. I dont see how legally they can hold you responsible for this debt.

You might wanna try trading them back to the Jets for PSL free upper deck seats.

Communication is key when dealing with these people.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The preseason game requirement is a complete fraud. Even if they slashed lower level prices by 20% and didn't require a PSL, I would pass without blinking if it meant having to eat those two games. Eventually the league will clue in and start charging 50% less or better for those two games, or better yet not forcing you buy them at all

20. Section 227. Row 5

Right now you're one Steven Hill dropped pass and one El Guappo fumble further away from winning the AFC East. We were in the driver's seat until Sunday. Even the floater that El Guappo lobbed to Hill that got intercepted... even that play, had he not done that, would have probably resulted in one more FG and then we wouldn't have even been talking about overtime.

But oh no. He had to still make that horrible judgement to lob the ball short off his back foot in double coverage. And how many times is he going to be allowed to handle the ball like a loaf of bread? Typical SOJ nonsense. We had NE on a weak day and still found a way to blow the game.

The Giants can get away with this once in a while because Eli finds ways to make up for his mistakes like he did on Sunday late in the 4th quarter to Cruz. But not so El Guappo. We don't have that luxury. We have the unique ability to lose the games we should lose andlose the games we should win.

And all of this negativety hurts our ticket prices, believe me. Little kids become Giants fans b/c they're winners. So daddy goes out on a limb and pays damn good money to buy some Giants tickets off of StubHub to take him. But the same guy, if his son is a Jets fan for some weird reason other than daddy is making him root for them, he'll go on StubHub maybe to get some Jets tickets, but he wants to steal them. It's just the mentality.

BTW, the story I told you about having difficulty over the years moving seats, keep in mind that I was in Row 5 of my Mezz Section and UNDER COVER. These seats were great, but there were many times when I had to bail for like $20 per seat. Disgusting.