Tebow Trade Rumors?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BJXX, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Angle. The Patriots run a spread offense.(passing)

Tebow adds a completely different dimension to a spread offense.(power running)

2. kerley11

kerley11 Member

I totally disagree with the notion that some Jets fans have proposed that McElroy or McConnel would be a better option at backup quarterback than Tebow. McElroy doesn't have any NFL experience and his arm is incredibly weak. Given how much the Jets have tried to stretch the field this year going to McElroy in the case that Sanchez went down wouldn't make much sense. Like it or not Tebow has won in the league and I like the Jets chances with him in there better than with McElroy. It's also an added bonus that Tebow can contribute on special teams. If the Jets can get a nice deal for Tebow however, which I really can't see happening, then maybe I'd let him go. No way I'd trade Tebow for a 5th though.

3. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

When Elway pushed Tebow out of Denver, the sale price tag was a 3rd round. Had Belichick made a bid, things would have been very different. It's like when Warren Buffett buys a stock, its price rises. Not too many NFL teams have the brain to run a spread offense as effectively as Pats. Even less can use Tebow's unique skill set. Most likely nobody else would 'discover' Tebow's real value. So why pay the premium when you may get it much cheaper or free?

#43 _Jet_, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He thinks a lot of him. It's one reason Josh McDaniels traded up to get Tebow -- the Bellichick mafia was abuzz about the possibilities.

Obviously, Bellichick's interest in Tebow was not to replace Tom Brady. He would have been a dual role player -- competent backup QB who is also like a big hulkish Danny Woodhead or Aaron Hernandez. Able to use him in all sorts of inventive ways to get first downs.

You can bet that Bellichick and Brady could integrate Tebow into some direct snap plays (lining up Tebow in multiple locations to start with), and do it smoothly and quickly, without it looking a bunch of clowns trying to cram into a clown car. It makes me sick how the Jets don't look smooth and polished with it.

5. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

If Patriots integrate Tebow into their hurry-up no-huddle offense, they can pin any defense personals on the field and crucify them.
    Tebow would be Brady's TE/FB while takes direct snaps to convert 3rd and short. They can do that without switch any player. Just imagine the possibilities makes me headache because I hate Patriots.

6. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I doubt Brady would put up with being taken off the field though.

7. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol:

Anyone who thinks that Tim Tebow is a better choice than Tom Brady for any quarterback situation, ever, needs to have their head examined. It is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Third down you say?

Tebow was the worst quarterback in the league in 3rd down efficiency last year. Tebow converted 27.1% of his 3rd downs in the regular season, including a record setting consecutive 3-and-out performance against the Lions. If you include the playoffs, Tebow's conversion rate soars 28%.

Tom Brady and the Pats? They were only 4th best in the league, at 46% of their 3rd downs converted. The Pats have absolutely no use for Tim Tebow.

Besides, Belichick drafted his heir apparent to Brady last year when he grabbed Ryan Mallett.

8. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

The likely trade scenario is with Jacksonville where Gabbert could be done for the season. MJD is also possibly done with the same injury as Holmes. I dont see it happening though. Tebow might be the starter here quicker than you think.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

[​IMG]

10. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

If what most of you are saying is true, and the Jets don't have a whole lot of interrest in using Tebow... Then why the hell do you guys think they are so afraid to play against him later this year?

You'd think if he inspired that sort of terror in the hearts of teams that had to face the mighty Tim Tebow, he'd at least be used as a starting QB rather than a part time RB and punt protector.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Jush McDaniels was an idiot, plain and simple. Single handedly dismantled the team in a year... yet people seem to think he hit a home run trading 3 picks to take a guy in the first round, who likely would have still been there in the third round.

Also did a real number on Sam Bradford. At least McDaniels is safe under the watch of Belicheat.

12. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Because he knows the Jets O and can tell the Jags everything he knows about Sparano's offense? Surprised someone of your intelligence couldn't figure that out (sarcasm).

13. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Dismantled the team. It was broken so bad, it made the play-offs the next year.:rolleyes:

14. Concerned_Citizen

There was a rumor around the time Denver was pursuing Manning that suggested the Patriots might be interrested. This was mainly so because the McDaniels connection as far as I could tell because his name kept getting tied to the rumors

Apparently there wasn't a lot of interrest though from the Patriots organization itself.

Doubt they wanted to deal with the circus that inevitably follows him around either. It's not like the Patriots need media attention or are struggling to sell tickets. (Which is why I think the Jets wanted him, and why Jacksonville really wanted him.)

15. Concerned_Citizen

They went 4-12 the next year and gave Denver the highest draft pick they ever had in history. Whad to YOU call it?

AFTER they went 4-12 and Fox and Elway had to pick up what was left, sure...

Some of Josh McDaniels's greatest hits.

Yeah, trading away Cutler in an attempt to get Cassell... Brilliant.

...end up trading for Orton ... Brilliant.

Traded Peyton Hillis and several picks for... brace for it... Brady Quinn. Brilliant.

Gets rid of Brandon Marshall. Brilliant.

Gets rid of Tony Scheffler. Brilliant.

IKnocks heads with his defensive coordinator after his defense pretty much carried them to 6-0. Brilliant.

Traded a first rounder for a smallish corner named Alphonso Smith... traded him a year later because he sucked. Brilliant.

Had a top 10 productive offense, and one of the worst defenses in history of the Broncos.... rebuilds the offense instead. Spends the 12th overall pick on RB Knowshon Moreno. Brilliant.

Trades for Lawrence Maroney. Brings in other Patriots cast offs like Lamont Jordan, ex patriot over the hill Ty Law. Cuts longsnapper and brings in Lonnie paxton for almost a million dollars more. Brilliant.

Dude batted about .05 on his draft picks.

Yep, be a long time before a franchise tries to give him the keys to the car again. His resume sure leads me to believe he hit a home run on the most popular punt protector on the face of the planet. *sarcasm* Yeah, he's bound to be vindicated on that choice any day now... right... .. .? Is it Tebow time yet? ...?

Yep, Josh McDaniels = world class evaluator of talent.

#55 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

It's a business move. You acquire smaller companies and shut them down, to keep them from getting too big and to keep them out of the hands of your competition.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly if the Jets won on Sunday, Pats fans will start really hating McDummy.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What if Sanchez goes down? and we have a Wild Card playoff spot?you think McElroy who looks decent in the vanilla preseason with no pass rush is capable??? cause i sures hell don'tThere's a reason McElroys a backup, Tebow is a proven winner in the regular season and the postseason, if Sanchez goes down and we are in the playoffs or have a chance at being there we need Tebow

19. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Yes Tebow for Brady is ludicrous. BUT.....

The 3rd down conversion numbers everyone throws out don't tell the whole story, you have to know the circumstances. Anyone who watched the Broncos play last year would have to admit that Tebow was handcuffed until the 4th quarter (e.g. see last year's Jets game) in most games. When he was allowed to do what he do does, he performed much better.

3rd down conversions aren't just on the QB. They are on the coaches and the entire offense. The Broncos play calling in the 1st 3 quarters of every game was run/run/pass on 3rd & long/punt. Possession after possession after possession.....

I would like to see a comparison of his 2nd half 3rd down conversions compared to the 1st half (where would you find that?). I'm willing to bet the
    2nd half numbers were better.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Tebow will give you a chance to win... as long as the defense keeps teams down to about 10 - 13 points, you have a shot. Without that, his record is as dismal as Kyle Orton's.