Tebow Trade Rumors?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BJXX, Oct 22, 2012.

1. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

Here's a wild conspiracy theory. Maybe Jets nabbed Tebow never intending to use him, but to trade with Jax for MJD at a later date.

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

[​IMG]

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

EPIC FAIL, MJD is out for the season!

4. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Tebow is here to sell tickets and make sure the jets have a heavy presence in the media - while that stays so does he.

Can we trade tanny instead?

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Keep Tanny. Can we trade Woody?

6. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I think the better theory is that they traded for him specifically to keep him out of Belichick's hands.

7. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

I believe Belichick is patiently waiting for his opportunity to grab Tebow for a fire sale price or free.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Belichik had a million draft picks last year, just like he always does. He wound up trading a few of them to keep the riches flowing in next year's draft, just like he always does.

If he'd wanted Tebow he could have made an offer to the Broncos that would at least have forced the Jets to go higher than they did. He apparently didn't make an offer at that point, even to force the Jets hand if Woody really wanted him.

I have no doubt that Belichik would sign Tebow if he were a cut, just to pump him about the Jets offense. I don't think he'd want to take him on as a major asset though. If he wanted to do that he had a golden opportunity in March when the Broncos conducted a fire sale around the league and only the Jets and Jags showed up to bid.

9. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

I like the way you think.
    I can't remember but didn't Belichick initially offered someone for trade to acquire Tebow, and after that Jets came into the picture?

10. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Interesting. I didn't follow the Tebow trade saga. Does anyone have more details about this?

11. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

More likely Belichick is waiting for the Jets to get Tebow's value so low they pick him up for a song.

12. BJXX

BJXX New Member

How much lower can Tebow's value get? His contract is small potatoes by NFL standards.

Why would Belichick want Tebow? Belichick knows the Jets as well as any team in the NFL.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Patriots have a way of expressing interest in players that leaks out and makes the Jets jump. They did this with Vernon Gholston too. The Boston press made a lot out of the fact that the Pats were right behind the Jets and salivating at the thought of taking their leavings, with Gholston the name that kept popping up.

Then the Jets took Gholston and the Pats traded down a few slots and took Mayo, preserving the illusion that Gholston was their guy and if the Jets hadn't bitten they would. It's like puppetmaster stuff.

14. catfish

catfish New Member

early report from John Clayton were that if Peyton Manning went to Denver Tebow would be traded to New England

15. BJXX

BJXX New Member

OK. Still don't see why Belichick would want Tebow. What's the angle?

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

The word "report" usually means there are facts to back it up. Nowadays one person comes up with a possible scenario (i.e. talking out his arse) and it gets "reported".

17. catsigater

catsigater New Member

There is no angle. Belichick visited Meyer at UF a few times, interviewed Tebow prior to the draft and said some nice things about him, but there were no credible reports of serious interest by the Pats when Manning went to Denver.

18. catsigater

catsigater New Member

19. catfish

catfish New Member

McDaniels thought high enough of him to take him in the 1st round, he is now the OC. Belichek is pretty high on Tebow and UF players in general. If he can get him cheap or free he might make a go.

20. catfish

catfish New Member

all any of this is is rumor, the only people who know for sure are the teams that showed interest. It's not like any credible information leaked out until the end. Very early reports said NE, later it was said 5 teams showed interest, and at the end it was between NYJ and JAX