Very proud of this team right now!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BillyGreen, Oct 22, 2012.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Rember going into last season we were suppose to finally get over the hump win the division get a home playoff game and go to the Superbowl after back to back lossess in the AFC championship. Now we are happy with Moral victorys..............WOW

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey...

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We are happy with moral victories now for a couple of reasons. The first being we were supposed to get blown out in this game and the season over. Most of the media and most the Jets fans did give us a chance to win this game. The moral victory is we can play with anybody in the AFC.

The second reason is because as fans we see hope and we see young players stepping up and making contributions. Kerly, Mcknight, Sanchez, Hill, Coples, Wilkerson, Davis these are all good reasons to feel good about this team and a moral victory.

With that being said the Jets need to win games they have a chance to win they out played NE in that game and should have won period. They had a chance to win the Houston game also again they failed to do so. Miami they came through and pulled out the win.

The Jets get a half pass with NE and Houston because of the young players but this team has shown signs of greatness and I will not be happy with moral victories anymore. This team has shown they are talented enough on both sides of the ball to make a legit playoff run now they just need to do it. That is is the Moral victory.

They can afford to lose two more games lets see what happens.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

One big problem i have with this "Moral Victory!" nonsense is that the Pats are not as good as the media and sports lines said they were before the last game. How many times did we hear that their three losses were by a mere combined four points? So? When was the last time the Pats entered game seven of a season with a 3-3 record? The Pats this year have big problems, and they were on display against the Jets. Give the CS credit for game plans that showed the Pats up. Too bad when it came to game time the play calling was something the Girl Scouts would have been more aggressive with.

The fact is the Pats are not that tough this year. I don't get off on moral victories when it means those assholes won a game against the Jets even when they are up there as the class of the league. This year, even less. I say BS on moral victories.

The Pats are a division opponent, and it is obvious the Jet FO has tried to tool the roster to counter the Pats's strengths and exploit their weaknesses. Even in good years we should hope and expect that the Jets know them well enough to play them close and win their share. Who cares what the AFC West's record, or anyone else's is, against them? If the Jet FO cannot succeed after 12 years of having the Pats be the top of the division (yea except when that fluke year Miami was), then they are not doing their job.

No moral victories. ESPECIALLY when it comes to those assholes.

#85 Big Blocker, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  6. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, we're reduced to appreciating moral victories. I love when 60 million dollar professional athletes provide moral victories. Makes my heart proud.

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Thomas Edison actually stole everything from Nikola Tesla, real scumbag. Seriously, read about it. Anyway, Im kind of in the middle here. There are alot of people on this board who predicted a blowout going into this game, and they're still bitching. While I agree we should have won that game and moral victories mean very little, you do have to acknowledge that there were positive aspects to the Jets performance.

Futher, as a football fan, you also have to admit that was a great game. Pretty riveting all the way down to the wire, though I felt we would lose the whole time. Too many missed opportunities and while I agree with the OP somewhat, that's a game we really should have won, and the disappointment is still there. How familiar.