I cant beleive no one knows the rules...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cinvis, Oct 21, 2012.

1. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

If the NFL is reviewing then there def was blown calls by the refs.

The replacements were bad but the current refs need to be replaced.

Why does J. Nantz love the Pats so much? Republican affair?

I would bet that he bets on pats, if I were a betting man...
    F U Nantz

2. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

League reports they saw no evidence suggesting BB acted inappropriately on the fumble/nonfumble.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm not shooting the messenger but that sounds like a load of shit...why would Nantz a Pats homer say here comes the challenge flag and the crowd reaction seems to lead me to believe a red flag was thrown. I'm basing this on my opinion and in no way represents a fact because conveintly or inconviently the camera which seemed to be slow all day did not show it.

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Here's the official play by play,

(Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to A.Hernandez to NYJ 1 for 16 yards (A.Cromartie). FUMBLES (A.Cromartie), RECOVERED by NYJ-A.Cromartie at NYJ -1. Touchback. New England challenged the runner was down by contact ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to A.Hernandez to NYJ 1 for 16 yards (A.Cromartie).

Weird that nobody saw it, and that it wasn't caught on camera. Of course, that makes it easy for the NFL to say nothing happened. Did Nance see it, or did he misspeak? Any explanation from him?

5. wildaces

wildaces Banned

The absolutely worst part of this, is that our own coaching staff didn't know the rule. I was screaming the second the flag came out (I did not see it, but I heard clear as day, the commentator saying they were already challenging the play.)

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I actually thought that Belichick did challenge it, and that we lucked out of the penalty, but if the NFL says otherwise I've got to believe them. There were plenty of people present at the game. A good number of people would have seen the flag with their own eyes if it was thrown. Yet no one seems to be coming out and saying that the NFL got this wrong (aside from the obvious speculation on blogs and forums, etc).

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The only thing they showed on TV was Triplette fiddling with some small electronic device (apparantly what signals him there is a review), then waved his arms and said the play was going to be removed.

If the challenge flag had been tossed, he would have had to go over to BB and ask what he was challenging (at least that is how it usually goes down)or at least tell him he couldn't challenge.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Heh, that reminds of in the NYJ GB game two years ago. Rex tries to challenge simulataneous possession. The ref lets him use the challenge flag, comes out of the break saying that the play is not reviewable but the call on the field stands, Jets lose a TO and challenge :breakdance:

9. steveluck7

steveluck7 New Member

Isn't the simplest explanation that Nantz never saw the flag but assumed it'd be "challenged" and that it is he, not Belichick, or Ryan, or any other coach on either team, that doesn't know the rule?

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That Cinvis guy is sick. He went off on me because I wrote something good about Jake Delhomme's performance in 2003. He then made multiple posts about how I am a homo for writing something good about Delhomme. He was then banned.

11. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Yes, that was the game I 1st heard about it...

Funny thing is, the replacement refs are the ones who made the call!!
    Ultimate Irony :lol:

Man all these rules and pussifying is making the NFL less enjoyable

13. kid_b

kid_b New Member

I can't be the first to point out how redundant this was, right? We had every chance to win that game, regardless of this. People are looking like babies in this thread. Did we lose to the better team? Ehhh, but we just didn't get it done; despite having every opportunity. Blame this call, blame Sparano, blame the phantom 'second,' but at the end of the day we just couldn't win a close game in hostile territory. Winning these games is the mark of a good team. Not a whiney fanbase bitching about what-if's. We play 'em again this year in our house and I already smell fear in em. Let's move on and kick Miami's ass!

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Am I the only one that laughed uncontrollably at all of Cinvis' incoherent posts in this thread?

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yes it should because it delays the chances at the offense running a play. If the booth wants to challenge the call they will do that.

Also, the crowd doesn't go from booing to cheering for no reason during a bad call. Literally the only reason there would be a crowd uproar would be if the coach throws the challenge flag and they all see it. Why else would they start cheering?

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Again, not one person has stepped up and said they saw BB throw a challenge flag. They showed the ref on TV getting a signal from upstairs to review the play.

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yes Jim Nantz did. When do you ever see the NFL admit they are wrong? Honest question here

Case and point

Bart Hubbuch@HubbuchNYP
    Then again, NFL also officially ruled Golden Tate TD was simultaneous possession. So … not exactly operating from a position of strength.

18. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I think nantz was in the perfect position to see what transpired. I haven't heard Rex or any of the Jets back up the NFL's statement so we don't know what we saw

19. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Lol, they haven't refuted it either, and they are the ones with the most incentive to do so.

Nantz probably saw an official heading to the replay booth and assumed that Belichick had challenged.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

My thinking isn't so much on Nantz in that he probably wanted to see the Pats challenge because he knew Hernandez was down but the recation of the crowd almost instantly as Nantz said the flag was thrown.

Ultimately I don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things, does anybody really think the Pats were not scoring 7 on that drive?