Terrible Officiating Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 21, 2012.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

2:01 Left: Jets Got Screwed Bigtime

Guys, I'm not saying this cost us the game unlike the Sparano playcalling but watch the play again at the 2 minute mark of Q4.

The clock manager stops the clock on their own without any signal from the refs. The play was still going on. Usually, you would expect the clock to continue another 3-4 seconds after a running play stops. Only when it is an incomplete pass do you see instantaneous stoppage -- and again, the play was still ongoing.

The Jets should file a protest. They will win it easily even though it won't change anything. No way you stop the clock at 2:01 unless you are trying to help the home team.

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Already discussed yesterday...

3. dainfamusgc

dainfamusgc Active Member

league already said no wrongdoing by clock keeper even though it's bright as day the bs that goes on at that stadium

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

that was very shady but the league alrady "reviewed it" and said nothing was wrong. Can someone post some screencaps of the play as he is catching it, when he has started running, when he fumbles and when we jump on it please?

it doesn't change anyting and we still should have won but that was a big, bad call.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bro I was the ONLY ONE on the gameday thread talking about 2:01 as soon as we recovered the fumble. Everyone was High-fiving each other in the thread.

We got played and I knew it was going to bite us in the ass...ONLY 5 seconds were wasted on a kickoff??? you kidding me 2:06 to 2:01 on a kickoff?

Pathetic

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I saw it INSTANTLY too, but in the end, I don't think it mattered. NE took their time knowing they had the timeout. If they didn't, they would have moved faster or spiked the ball more. Jets D was not going to prevent them from a field goal.

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

league said it was fine bc they are in cahoots with the pats.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

This one is not on the refs or the clock operator. As someone else said, New England would have just spiked the ball.

9. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Ah "the Jets were screwed", the plaintive call of the feathered whining Jet fan. Like any bird call, you can pick one up at any of the large outdoors stores in your area. It comes in several variations, but is always consistently LOUD and CONSTANT. :rolleyes:

10. JetsKickAss

We know Kraft and Goodell are close. Kraft got him the job.

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

Wow! I just saw the video again and all I can say is WOW! They stopped it right when Allen touched the ball. They definitely screwed us this game. Not only on that but in the challenge like someone else posted and on the PI call.

12. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Complaining about clock operators and referees is weak......we lost because somehow the lap band in Rex's stomach caused him to lose his testicles.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah after that play I was brolic when I saw 2:01....

The Pats woulda had to burn all 3 timeouts and woulda had no timeouts when going for the FG. It also woulda meant that a first down ends the game. So frustrating.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I expect this stuff from alot of these guys, but always thought you were above this foolishness.

It's easy to pick a couple of close calls and bitch and whine that the Jets always get screwed...

... but let's not remember the plays that went our way. Like Cro's noncalled PI on Lloyd that would have ended the game, or the borderline defensive holding calls that kept two Jets drives alive.

Crying, whining, and claiming some ridiculous conspiracy theories is for losers.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The Pats used their last TO at the end as an afterthought. They could have easily spiked the ball.

Even with the extra TO, the Jets run the clock out with a 1st down.

Since the visual evidence of PI ended the cryathon about that call, it was incumbent on folks to dig for more excuses for the Jets, who mearly had to get a 1st down or have their stud WR catch lobbed ball right in his hands.

#35 CJLang, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  16. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I agree that this didn't cost us the game, but I'm very suspicious of the fact that the NFL's so quick to say, "nothing to see here, move along!' when these types of issues arise that are related to the integrity of the game.

Put another way, I think the SC did do this intentionally, but the NFL is just going to pretend he didn't so they don't have to address the whole issue of home teams doing things like this.

17. gopats88

gopats88 Member

[YOUTUBE]LVWWRl932RM[/YOUTUBE]

The clock operator stops the clock exactly when the Jets player recovers the ball and gets tagged down by a Pats player. Sure, the refs haven't signaled anything when the clock stops, but according to the NFL rules they don't have to.

I can understand how it looks suspicious (the clock operator must have been really confident that the Jets recovered and were tagged down). However, I can also understand the league's ruling that he acted appropriately. Based on the gametape and official rules, he did.

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Please do count me in your conspiracy theory group. :)

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Maybe a little quick on the trigger, but it wouldn't have mattered the way the Jets played after that.

20. JetsKickAss

No, the play is still ongoing at 2:01. It should have been at about 1:59 or even 1:58 -- 2 minutes is a done deal.