Tim Tebow is hurting us more than hes helping us

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NFL, Oct 22, 2012.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

First of all, this is all on the coaches not Tebow, hes just doing job. Every time they send him out on 1st and 10 he gets a 2 yard run. Waste of a down.
    Every time they put him in as a WR or as a QB and Sanchez as a WR were playing 10 vs 11 which always results on a loss of downs.

Yeah, he's gotten a couple fake punts converted and a couple key 1st Downs but the coaching staff is sending him out there at the wrong times. He's being sent out when Sanchez is getting some momentum therefore killing it (Miami game- we get down the field then put Tebow in two runs barely any gain, 3rd down incompletion - field goal). Don't send him out in the middle of the field send him out on 3rd and shorts or fake punts, BUT THATS IT! I wish er could just get rid of him, like right now.

He's a good player but he shouldn't be on this team in the first place. He'll be fine somewhere else.

#1 NFL, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

First, consider that our "premier" RB Greene also gets between 2 & 3 YPC most of the times. So Tebow doing the same is just on par with Jets rush in general.

I do believe that Tebow is misused most of the times. Particularly I hate when he comes out in a middle of a long successful drive when Sanchez is clicking. It disrupts the rhythm. That said, Tebow has great upside and those fake punts that you so casually dismissed contributed greatly to winning Colts game & staying alive in a couple others. Getting rid of him now would be a mistake.

3. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

For as little as Tebow plays, he has gotten quite a few first downs. So I think he has helped this team so far. I like that he tries to get his team pumped after a first down run. I'm a TT fan. There is no way to know if the offense would have done all that regardless. But I think your argument (that it disrupts the rhythm) is possible and worth bringing up.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

Wth? I said that he's doing good on the fake punts and thats what he should br being used as not in the middle of the field. And yeah Greene too but he's a RB he breaks a play from time to tine and I believe that he shouldn't be starting for us. I'm one of the few people on.this forums that says that we need to draft a RB with a 1st or 2nd when everyone else says that we can get one late round. And I don't know why you bring Greene into this anyways. Its not like I'm saying that Tebow sucks, I'm just saying that he is being used wrong and that I'd rather not even have him here.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

I agree he has gotten a good amount of good plays but he's too big of a distraction to out team. I see it in the same way that people would see Holmes as a distraction even though its a completely different way. Holmes cries for the ball, Tebow fans cry for Tebow. Get me?

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I just listen to Eric Mangini on ESPN. He said that in Denver the way they used Tebow was very imaginative and creative way, especially in the run game, for example, unbalanced line and formations. San Fran did the say thing for Kapernick. Yet, it has been very unimaginative and very tedious and simple. Westoff has been imaginative on Tebow, i.e fake punt, and it making teams use there base defense on special teams. It all goes on back on Sparano, he needs to call a better game and be more imaginative on offense.

7. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I'm a Tebow fan but I find agreement in some of what you're saying.

8. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I don't think Tebow's fan's followed him to NY. I just think it's some anti-Sanchez fans that are crying.

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

Thank you. If Tebow wasn't so widely known and lived it would br amazing to have him here but with articles after every game of analysts saying if Tebow should be playing more it gets it gets into the heads of others. How do you think Sanchez feels sitting home watching Skip praise Tebow? Can't be too good

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

Your right. Even tho some fans did follow it's mostly the NY fans. I don't know why but out fans cry so much like if we've ever had such a good QB.

11. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I don't know. I guess if you're a famous athlete, you'd just have to stop reading the news or watching tv game analysis. Somehow Sanchez would need to find a way to keep the pressure to perform from affecting his play negatively. I guess every 1st string qb needs to somehow manage that. In NY with the Jets and TT, you've got to do that well. In saying that, I think TT is probably a good teammate to Sanchez.

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yeah they seem to bond well, but playing in NY fans don't like to take any bullshit. One mistake and they're chasing you out of town. And that's how it is on these forums. If Tebow wasn't so popular but played as he's playing now he would be a great asset to the team but the distractions are too much. If he was like Kaepernick from the 49ers where he's contributing but he's not too famous it would be so much better

13. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Winning solves everything though. If the Jets were winning, Jets fans wouldn't be calling for Sanchez to be pulled. I think the fans would still be criticizing Sanchez even if Tebow wasn't in town. I don't think Sanchez has done that bad the last 2 games. The qb always gets the blame. Does Sanchez get more blame now because Tebow is there? I don't know that either. It's possible. To be honest, I'd like to see Tebow play more just cause I'm a fan of his. I'm not at the games chanting though, I'm halfway across the country.

#13 John Chisum, Oct 22, 2012
  14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

He can help them win, but they are using him poorly.

But this is all a sideshow now. He could help them more if he was back there full time.

15. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

They don't know how to use him. Why would you not bring him in on 3rd and short, but insert him at your own 20 to run up the gut? Let the kid throw FFS.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow is definitely hurting the Jets.

That's where I would focus most of my attention as Jets GM(if not all of it) , trading Tebow before the deadline.

The Jets can not afford to keep losing games like this , its time for Tebow to go and besides the Jets got McElroy.

#16 CowboysFan, Oct 22, 2012
  17. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

You guys just don't understand how the surprise Tebow package works. Other teams are shocked that he isn't in on goal line situations and when he is in they only run him up the middle. It's so simple minded it is surprising. Genius!

Denver really messed up how they used him last year giving him all those options things. Rex is laughing behind the scenes "SURPRISE! We are not doing anything with Tebow! HAHA!"

Sorry but this whole thing is rather comical.

18. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Holy crap! Did you just say something I completely agree with??? The Mayans must have been correct...the end is nigh

19. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

I'd love to see him be traded by the deadline. I don't believe either of these coaches know what to do with him and neither learned by watching him beat them last season. With the right coaching staff and plan he could be a quality starter. Look what Shanahan did with RGIII but Sporano and Rex are comfortable with Sanchez cause he's a known quantity as far as QB play. Or they have to live with him due to that 17mil extension.

So I hope he gets traded or leaves at the end if the season cause this coaching staff has stunted his growth.

20. BroncosFan1345

BroncosFan1345 New Member

Yeah, it seems everytime Sanchez got in a rhythm, they put in Tebow.

I don't know why they don't use him in goal-line situations more instead of just up the gut for 2 yards, rinse, repeat.