Very proud of this team right now!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BillyGreen, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Show me a guy who is OK with a loss and I'll show you a loser!

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You and me both old buddy.. I've seen enough "good losses" to last a lifetime and frankly, I'm sick and tired of them. Especially the self-inflicted variety of losses as this one was.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I said this in another thread but while this loss sucks, I can respect the fact that they played hard. Losses like we had against the 49ers is worse because it makes the team look bad and it's embarrassing.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't believe in moral victories. Despite some positives this was a bad loss, a loss to a division opponent who was not playing that well. The Jets are facing a pesky fish next week, the bye and then what looks like a likely loss in Seattle. Another road game in St. Louis might be a win, but it also might be coming at 3-6 and not mean much, and then of course the Pats are coming on Turkey Day. This all would have looked much better if the Jets had found a way to win yesterday, but right now it looks pretty discouraging.

And btw who cares how the team did against the points spread if it still lost????

A loss is a loss.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Yes, we should have won this game.
    Bad play calling, conservative coaching and a total phantom call by a ref that was 20+ yards away from the play, put us in a hole we just couldn't climb out of.
    I mean, how many fucking hand offs up the middle do I have to see on one series?
    How many 3 man rushes on defense?
    How many stupid Tebow runs up the middle out of the wildcat?

Come on, can we fucking let the Jesus freak throw the ball JUST ONE FUCKING TIME?
    Maybe then it would put the defense back in their heels and he could gain some GOOD yardage on one of those stupid runs.

The game was ours for the taking and we let it slip away, AS USUAL!

6. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Seattle is very beatable......

7. Big Blocker

I don't disagree that some losses are worse than others. A loss where a team looks like it quit is worse because it inspires less confidence that the team will play with effort the next time out.

But comparing the loss yesterday to the Niners game does not make it anything other than a loss. Btw The Niners played much better than the Pats did yesterday. How does that make the loss yesterday any better? It doesn't.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree. That pathetic 3 down sequence after the McCourty gift-wrapped fumble was a joke. It was as if they immediately were thinking field goal, and got way too conservative.

I want to go for the end zone there. At that point Sanchez had been playing very good in the 4th quarter. Go for the juggler and run an intermediate crossing route (which had been killing them all game) and win the bitch. It sounds weird, because the game was tied, but a first down (more so than a field goal) wins that football game because Thomas Brady is pissed on the other sideline.

The field goal at that point was already in the bag. They go out there and run the stupid Tebow up the middle play (designed for short yardage!), follow that up with two more conservative plays - Greene up the middle and Sanchez safe roll out with only 1 option to throw to. Are you kidding me?? Flip the script and Tom Brady is hitting Gronk in the end zone, there's no fucking way they are going conservative in that situation!!

I never thought I'd see this day with Rex Ryan. In the '09 playoffs vs. Chargers when they had a 3 point lead late and went for it on 4th down, going for the win, I thought we had a coach who would always go for the win. Instead he's pussed out, playing not to lose and fist-pumping field goals harder than Sparano. Fuck that.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I don't subscribe to moral victories in the NFL because there are only 16 games .

However, based on the Predictions thread alone, the Jets should not have been in this game at all - let alone stick with the Pats to overtime.

While it sucks losing in OT to a team we could have beaten, we all were hoping the Jets played respectably and didn't get blown out. Now you are all bitching that the team sucks, QB sucks, Coaches suck, RBs suck, Defense sucks, cause we lost in OT by 3 points.

You can't have your cake and eat it too - are you happy they weren't blown out and played respectable or are you pissed cause they lost.

Lets go back to the threads and see who flip flopped...

10. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

me too. we lost by 3 on the road in a game we had opportunities to win. we proved that we are on the same level as the pats

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

So you start by saying you don't subscribe to moral victories, but then you go on to say everyone thought it would be a blowout and that you were hoping the Jets would play respectably and not get blown out....

isn't that the very definition of subscribing to a moral victory?

12. Big Blocker

I know it's only seven games, but I don't think it is too soon to say the Sparano hiring has not worked out. The playcalling was often awful yesterday. Whether it's Sanchez's fault or for some other reason, the O is limited to running plays and shots downfield. Even the short passing game is awful. The RB's can't catch and Sanchez does not know how to throw screens.

But in general, the CS played not to lose yesterday, and did anyway.

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i think the "run the ball or take shots downfield" is just a limitation of sanchez. he sucks in short yardage and quick decision making. so that strategy is really our best bet.

my issue is, WTF are we straying from that strategy when its working and the situation calls for it?!?!. 3rd and 1, why the hell are we throwing short out of shutgun?

14. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

People feel good after a loss? Really? Jets had an opportunity to steal one in NE. You can look back at all the mistakes, it comes down to 1 drive. Jets after they recover that fumble should have put this game to bed. Period.

15. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

You "moral victory" guys know how to set the bar very low. It's not enough to be in the game and lose. You can be in every game, but without the "W" it means nothing. So what if the score was close? It only means you came up short and are not good enough to win.

Geez, we would have won...

if not for the fumble...
    if not for the missed tackles on special teams...
    if not for the dropped passes...
    if not for the missed blocks...
    if not for the penalties...
    if not for the clock mismanagement (again!)...
    if not for the sacks...

I guess you can say this every week. It adds up to 3-4. And NE leading the division.

16. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Agreed! Perhaps the powers that be should hold next year's off season training down in Parris Island. This team would definitely get their heads screwed on straight.

Okay it's just a game and the losers don't die but this team needs to drink some of the killer instinct cool aid.

Just saying and the same applies to the coaching staff.

SF

17. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Another loser taking solace in a moral victory... We may moral victory ourselves to a 6 win season, how great would that be?

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I am very proud of Shonn Greene! If we had a true back like Tomlinson or Jones, when we had them to compliment Greene, Greene would be one of the most feared backs to opposing defenses in the league. The guy is a bulldozer the second half of a season/ post season.

Greene is also the ultimate, "Sanchez check down man this year". With all the hospital passes Greene receives from his quarterback, I'm surprised he is not dead. Greene has been catching a lot of passes and when he turned and met shoulder to head yesterday (thanks sanchez :wink: ) Greene went unconscious. Hey HOLMES LOOK WHO STILL HOLDS ONTO THE THE FOOTBALL WHEN THEY ARE KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT (PUSSY FOOT INJURY THROW THE BALL UP PUSSSY!!!!!!).

Greene lays motionless for a solid 10 seconds with people waving on the medics and then as if God sent his soul back to Greenes body to breathe life again, Greene springs back up ready to toe the line again.

#23 Respect to a dying breed running back. Ground 'n pound mother fucker, Ground 'n pound!

#58 JetsVilma28, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  19. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

There are no moral victories in the NFL.
    There are wins and losses and that's it.

W-3 L-4 T-0 MV-1
    I don't think so.

20. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Well if you count the Texans game we have 2 MV's. We may only win 6 games but we'll lead the league in moral victories.