My Tebow tale of woe ..or "how Tanny and Rex fooled everybody"

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. catsigater

catsigater New Member

He gets more playing time than any other backup whose first string QB is healthy.

2. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

True. But I thought he'd be getting more plays than this. And I thought he'd be throwing the ball more. But like Cowboys Fan said, "It is what it is."

#182 John Chisum, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  3. catsigater

catsigater New Member

He's the second string QB, which means he gets to sit and watch, develop his understanding of NFL defenses and offenses, and work on his throwing issues.

Which is what most people said he'd need to do when he was drafted.

4. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I agree with your statement. I think the Jets and or the media just led me to think otherwise. OR maybe I just read into it what I wanted to hear. Somewhere, I thought I heard around 10-12 snaps per game. I could be wrong though.

5. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I heard that too.

6. bobaru

bobaru Banned

But not as much playing time as other back-up q-backs whose first-string q-backs suck. And, then, suck some more.

7. Clovis

Clovis New Member

Tebow is not the answer for the Jets (maybe its because the Coaches aren't asking the question? I dunno). All I know is, he is talented, and if anything will get to him, its sitting there watching this team self destruct over and over and not having one iota of a chance of truly contributing. For his sake and the Jets sake, he needs to be gone, sooner rather than later....he will rot here.

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Any examples?

9. bobaru

bobaru Banned

Yeah, i see what ya did there. You're real cute, aren't ya sweet-cheeks?

Seriously, is that you Rex? Tony? What do you need someone to tell you it's o.k. to yank your firt-string when he plays like shit? You need examples of other coaches yanking the starter, so you can muster the balls to do what needs to be done? That's a pussy-ass-loser way of coaching. No wonder the team has no identity. No fight. It's o.k. to suck. It's o.k. to lose.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

No, you didn't.

Move along now.

11. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Just for fun. If we have Tebow's Florida teammates together to form an offensive team, how good do you think this will be among 32 NFL teams?

OC: Urban Meyer
    OL: Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Pouncey, Marcus Gilbert, Phil Trautwein
    TE: Aaron Hernandez
    WR: Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper, David Nelson, Louis Murphy, Andre Caldwell
    RB: Jeffery Demps, Chris Rainey
    QB: Tim Tebow, Cameron Newton

12. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

Talk about a confidence boosting. He would go back into championship mode with that squad.

13. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Hahahaha! I've often thought the same thing. Of course the team would have to be a new pro franchise named THE GATORS lol. Oh, the times were sweet back then.

14. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Hey CowboysFan, I'm glad you bumped this thread back up. I've been thinking about it a lot the past week or so. While Catsigater has a point in that I did want Tebow to have a chance to learn behind the starting QB, I also thought he'd be getting more game play than this. And putting up highlights of his 4 plays on the website? Total money whores, that's what it looks like to me. Starting to think you were right all along, CowboysFan. I don't think Rex and Sparano had any plan at all for Tebow. Thank God the special teams coach comes up with some good plays for him. Hey John Chisum (aka the Duke), I sure don't want to see this break Tim's spirit. How the hell he can stay positive is beyond me.

I listened to the game on the internet radio (thanks DreamsFloatJoe for the link), and was feeling genuinely happy that it was such a close game and we didn't get creamed by the Pats. Then I went to the main Jets board and posted some happy thoughts about the game, and a giant volcano of "almost isn't good enough" posts hit me in the head. Then I found out that this rollercoaster type play is typical for Sanchez, and doesn't necessarily mean he's improving. But when you have a QB who only loses by a little, why would the backup QB ever be put in to play? Maybe if the Jets were ahead by 20 points with 2 minutes left in the game, but I don't know if that'll ever happen.

I wonder too ..... if Skip Bayless said "he just wins" about Tebow, what would he say about Sanchez? "He just almost wins?"

sigh ..... I shouldn't stay up all night LOL

15. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I'll take a stab as to why Tebow stays positive. Not that he's genuinely happy about being second string. Cause I believe Tebow is the most competitive personality in the league and wants to contribute more than he has. At the same time, I think Tebow just chooses to control his attitude. Like he's known for saying "I want to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." I think TT is actually one of those athletes that truly does his best to let that guide his thoughts, attitude and actions. It's one thing to say that, another thing to believe it and live it. I think Tebow probably believes it is for a reason and in God's plan that he's in NY right now. And that God will work something good out of his time as a Jet. If Tebow stays positive, thankful, hungry and ready, then he can make the most of things and good will probably come out of this. If he complains too much, keeps harboring negative thoughts, then that will effect his performance in a negative way and he'll never rise to the occasion when it presents itself. This situation will not break Tim Tebow or his spirit. If Tebow's life mantra is to work hard, have a good attitude, be thankful and to "play for God", then Tebow can perform without any excess pressure that other athletes face. I wouldn't doubt that TT is handling this situation with the right attitude in the locker room. Because I've read his book, and watched his movies, I think Tebow has known this his entire football life. Regardless of his belief system or how he gets there, it's his attitude that helps him. His attitude helps him rise to the occasion in down times, many pressure situations or when thrown into the lions den.

#195 John Chisum, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  16. catfish

catfish New Member

he said a few times last year that he tries to be positive even after a loss because he often has people with illnesses or disabilities that he brought to the game with his w15h foundation that he visits after the games win or lose, and if he is in a foul mood it isn't fair to them. I know the people he was supposed to bring this week didn't make it, but he may just be in the habit of looking at the bright side. Realistically there was quite a bit of bright side in this game

17. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I agree with you.

18. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Kyle Orton?

19. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Your explanation makes a lot of sense and some very good points. You've made me feel better about Tebow's situation. I'm glad his faith is strong; I wish I believed in something that much :)

20. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Very true, I didn't think about that. Positive thinking is a trait that most successful people have, imo.