Sanchez Does Enough to Keep His Job

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Once again, Sanchez does enough to keep his job. 328 yards passing.

I don't think he is playing anywhere near bad enough to see Tebow start this year. He made some nice pases, and didn't look like he was lost at all. I get frustrated watching Sanchez QB because he reminds me of a Kyle Orton dink-dunking expert. He almost never takes a deep shot downfield. As much as I want to see Tebow be an NFL starter, I watch the Jets games and I don't get the feeling like Tebow at QB would have guaranteed wins in place of the losses they have. He may or may not have won those games, but I would estimate that the games would be more entertaining just because of the way Tebow plays the game of football.

I don't particularly like the way Sanchez plays, but cannot in good faith advocate a switch to Tebow at this point. Sanchez is now guaranteed starter through at least week 10. I think the clock resets for another 3 weeks each time he doesn't "melt down".

His costly turnovers will be ignored by the coaching staff and media because he had the ultimate stat that the pundits judge QB effectiveness by... > 300 yards, > 68% completions. That's all that matters to most people.

Hill's drop was crucial and a perfect pass by Sanchez. All QBs suffer from drops though. Sanchez had a chance to march his team down for the win in OT, but fumbled. You just have to hold onto the football there even though the OL let him down on that play.

*waiting for an anti-Tebow person to now interpret this post as Sanchez sucks and I think Tebow should start week 8, thus starting the process of taking the Jets to a Superbowl win this year. ;)

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Sanchez was excellent yesterday, there isn't a debate about the starter and there never was.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I really wish you and your hero would just go away.

Sanchez played great yesterday outside of the underthrown INT.

4. nyjunc

and that play cted as a great punt anyway so it wasn't the worst INt you can have.

5. Murrell2878

Yeah, but Hill was wide open. He was late getting the ball out then it just floated. But outside of that one throw, I thought he was fantastic.

6. MURDR

MURDR Banned

...and the fumble that ended the game, and the bad handoff that lead to a safety and lost us possession of the ball.

He played OKAY, but not even close to great. Bench him. Not for Tebow, but for McElroy.

7. nyjunc

it was a bad play by him but if you are going to throw a pick I'll take one from near midfield INT'd inside the 5.

8. Murrell2878

Ninkovich came in untouched and leveled Sanchez to end the game and on the handoff play there was a Patriots defender in the backfield before Sanchez ever even go the ball to Greene.

9. Murrell2878

Yeah, I get that. But Hill was open and it would have been a TD.

Sanchez has looked A LOT better ever since Holmes went down w/ an injury.........

10. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Sanchez constantly fumbles when he gets sacked. Obviously, the protection was poor, but that gives Sanchez no excuse for poor ball protection. Also, on the handoff, the defender in the backfield had nothing to with it, not even a little bit. He wasn't even near the ball, it was a poor handoff.

11. catfish

catfish New Member

I agree, there were just a few mistakes in the three different phases that put the game out of reach, can't make 4-5 big mistakes and still beat the Pats

12. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

And can anyone please explain to me the hard on Merril Hoge has for Tebow bashing? The guy can be talking about apple pie then shoot out some crap about Tebow being a disaster! How can you know the guy will be a disaster when he hasn't even started a game at QB this season?

He said this morning that he has great confidence in Sanchez and that Tebow would be a disaster for the Jets. Sanchez may be the answer but you can't shit on Tebow for 3 turnovers and a safety. He's lucky Tebows not one of these thug players who would show up to the studio and slap him around.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

Hoge is a douche, he quieted down for a bit after Ditka went apeshit on him, but is as bad as he has ever been lately

14. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Merrill really has it out for Tebow. I don't understand why Merril has such a strong desire for Tebow to fail. Like "It would be embarrassing to think that the Broncos could win with Tim Tebow." The guy makes himself sound immature and arrogant with his bold and outlandish negative comments about Tebow. I have no problem with guys that don't think Tebow has what it takes. But with Merril, he has an agenda. HIs comments are over the top disrespectful to Tebow. He's on some kind of mission in life to discredit Tim. Merril beat cancer and is a motivational speaker. For a guy like that, you'd think he'd not be such an arrogant ass.

#74 John Chisum, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Excellent?

If 3 turnovers at crucial points in a 3 pt loss is excellent then I guess so

16. nyjunc

2 TOs and only the last one was crucial where he didn't have a second to drop back. The safety was a great play by him saving us 5 pts after Wilfork blew up the play.

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol

-Stupid pick from New England's 36 yard line on 2nd down(not near midfield as you are claiming)
    -He screwed up the handoff which caused the fumble, so him kicking it out was hardly a great play, it was only better than making another dumb decision
    -Just because he gets sacked at the end of the game doesn't mean he has to fumble

#77 BeastBeach, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  18. nyjunc

the 36 isn't near midfield? closer than I remembered but we would have had 3rd and long if the play is incompklete and we wound up getting a Fg off good FP after the TO anyway.

Wilfork blew up that play, they both screwed it up but it wasn't compunded by trying to pick it up. he saved us 5 pts.

he was a major reason we had a chance to win especially w/ no run game.

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the int to hill took points off the board. in a game that goes into OT, you cant say that wasnt crucial.

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I wouldn't consider 14 yards away from midfield, "near midfield" and since you are admitting you didn't remember you could just admit it wasn't near midfield but if you wanna play semantics I'm not going to.

If he doesn't throw the pick it is 3rd and 8 with a 53 yard fg attempt and that is if the next play gains 0 yards. Folk made a 54 yarder so it was definitely a stupid pick/terrible decision or whatever you would like to call it.

Wilfork blew up the play but that was after the ball is coming loose out of Sanchez' hand as he is handing it off. You could even see him on the sideline telling Greene "my bad"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/0ap2000000083550/Patriots-defense-safety

^1:20 you can see Sanchez losing the ball

And sorry but Sanchez gets no credit for not compounding an already poor play. Any QB with a lick of sense would do the same knowing that defenders were right behind him