Rex has something cooking up for New England

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ozymandias, Oct 20, 2012.

1. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

2. bobaru

bobaru Banned

This has more to do with Belly-bitches schzizo use of Hernandez, which purposefully eliminates Welker from plays. Belly-bitch has some issues with Welker- i don't get it, Welker is phenomenal.

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Welker's contract is coming up, Bill wants to show him, they don't really need him.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Did you smell what the Rex was cookin?

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Rex had jack shit. Just like I'm waiting for Jets fans to keep saying the Jets are still keeping parts of the Tebow-Cat a secret. It's over. It's a failure. There was no extra special shit we were holding back on. EVER!!

6. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

That's a good point. I thought for sure that you'd beat us today, and I also thought Tebow would be a big part of it.

All season I've watched your games wondering when you'd release this guy to go off for you. As our game approached, I also wondered if you were intentionally holding back your real plan for him until you played us. Similar to when Sparano first debuted the Wildcat against us so that we were caught off guard.

Now, I'm simply wondering why you got him at all. I figured with your banged up RBs that he'd play more, especially in the redzone. Nope. Kind of weird.

He must be still on his rookie contract right? Why devote a lot of dollars into a guy for that little return.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I thought Trufant on Welker is kind of a twist. Your taking your 3rd or 4th best corner and putting him on one of Brady's favorite targets. If that isn't switching it up, I don't know what is

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

because the Jets brought Tebow in as a PR move to help get the media attention back on them after the Giants had just won the Super Bowl. If the Jets beat the Giants in week 16 last year, Tebow is not a Jet today, I can tell you that. I don't know that the Jets ever had intention of giving him a meaningful role. Honestly, it was a garbage move from a football and personal standpoint, they should have just let him go to Jacksonville.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I thought the Jets just did a decent job of taking him away alot of the game. They started throwing the WR screens to him because the Jets were taking the middle of the field away.

As far as Tebow goes, the Jets plan for him was embarrassing. Take a shotgun snap and run into the line? Picking him up was a waste if that's the best you can do.

If you have some secret plays to run with him, then break them out against you top rival when your also 3-3! Pretty big geme, eh!

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

You guys really believed some random person on the internet?

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying, but the point of this thread is that the Rex was going to unveil something that was the biggest risk of his coaching career. They did a nice job, but nothing earth shattering at all. "Kind of a twist" didn't do it.

12. Combustible Rextible

Well yeah! That's why we're all here, right? :breakdance:

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Except he's not really random. He's always reporting Jets news and has access to a lot of players.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yeah rookie contract still.

He is good on special teams so for a 4th round pick you got a guy that could be a back up QB , burn some timeouts as a decoy for the other team and convert fake punts.

I would not say that that is a little return because most 4th round picks either do not make the team or have short careers (most not all obviously).

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

All the guy said is Rex was doing something gutsy and a huge risk. And he turned out to be correct, but everyone here couldn't wait to get on this guy so even after he turns out to be correct about something gutsy happening, everyone still rips him. It's just part of the narrative since people assumed he was full of **it.

16. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I agree with this.

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Trufant really played well today.

18. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

"Rex has something cooking up for New England."

I guess he ate it?

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought Rex did a good job today. Considering the major disparity in talent a few plays go our way and we are alone in 1st place. In the last 3 games we have had a chance to beat probably the two best teams in the AFC

20. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the risky moves were having Trufant on Welker and Davis taking 75% or so of the snaps over Bart Scott?