We still got a good shot at playoffs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Oct 21, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

As of right now we are the 9th seed. We got the Colts,Bengals,Fins in front of us. We already beat Colts and Fins. We r still in the mix.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If we make it to 4-4,we have a good shot. If we go to 3-5, we are in trouble

3. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Next Sunday we get revenge: Just End The Season :up:

4. displacedfan

You gonna end your own season? Our games are always close, but I'm not worried currently.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Jets need to go 7-2 or 6-3 to realistically have a shot. 9-7 can make it some years and miss others. The schedule isn't horrible the rest of the way, that's the only hope.

6. displacedfan

6-3 seems more realistic. 7-2 seems decent just because it would be 6-2 after the bye most likely. That means only two losses which seems plausible if we play NE this well on Thanksgiving.

We have to beat Miami though. Saying we don't beat them, then we can only afford two losses against teams like SEA, NE, SD, and ARZ. Beating Miami means we can afford 3 losses in those game leaving us at 9-7 which is good enough.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree. Today game we bet ourselves. There still a chance we can win the AFC east. The Pats still got to play Texans,49ers and Jets again.

8. BJXX

BJXX New Member

A couple weeks ago I would have agreed, but I think some of you are not looking real close at the schedule. As I said in another post, look at weeks 10 thru 13 and tell me which of these games we are definitely going to win? We could, but the Jacksonville game is the only lock on the schedule.

I expect a dog fight from the Dolphins because they're 3-3 and see us and the Colts as "must wins", because after that their schedule is brutal.

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

All those games we can win. Seattle have a good D but there O isn't very good. Plus Rex up against a rookie QB. Rams are not a very good team. NE. While we should had won today. Cards... There O sucks and there D is ok.

10. allan1

allan1 Active Member

This may be one of those years where 8-8 makes it in was a Wild Card

11. FriendlyDolphin

The titans at our house are next then the bills how the hell is that brutal? Then we have the seahawks but they've been inconsistent are beatable especially since it's at our house and they've been pretty bad in the road. We also get to face the jaguars "worse team in the league" and the bills again. So if we beat you,colts,bills twice (like we always sweep them),jaguars(shittiest teams in the league), and the titans at home we are 9-7 which should be enough to go through the wild card, not to mention we can beat the seahawks at home and possibly steal 1 from the the 2 games against the pats, 49ers will be hard but it's possible on any given sunday but yeah our schedule is no where near brutal. Basically if we beat you we have a very good chance to go through the wild card.

12. allan1

allan1 Active Member

faggot fish will lose 2 to the patriots, 1 to san fran, 1 to indy, next week vs us. and the bills will beat you

that's 7-9 at best

#12 allan1, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  13. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Yeah, call me crazy (and I'm as bummed out as anyone after today)...but the Pats looked extremely mortal today, and we outplayed them pretty substantially.

Granted things seem to always go wrong for us, but on strength of play (and the decline of their's) I like our chances to win the division going forward.

14. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I think its been like 14 years since we got to play the colts twice in the regular season.

15. FriendlyDolphin

Lol no and we're not fish and faggot isn't really a insult unless you're 12 and homophobic.

16. allan1

allan1 Active Member

gtfo troll. this is not a board for faggot fish fans

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I never said we play Colts again. Read it again.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

we need to go on a winning streak, it's always win one lose one,win one lose one,lose two win one it's time to go on a 4 game winning streak

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The fins are only in front of us because they had a bye. After next week they SHOULD be back under us. It's going to be a tight race in the division this year, though, and the game is certainly no gimmie, but we should win since it's at home and we're playing much better on offense than we were the first game. I'm surprised the Bengals are ahead of us. Didn't they drop the last 2? I guess they're 3-3 as well.

#19 Barcs, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If we beat a rookie QB next week, and beat the Pats at home, we win the AFCE.