2012 Week 7 - New York Jets at New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RutgersJET, Oct 14, 2012.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Do you think it's hard to figure out that you are a Patriots fag pretending to be a Jets fan?

Grow a sack, already.

2. MauiJet

MauiJet Member

hahahaaa!! that's so great!

So interesting how I just got done watching the sept. 9, 2007 Pats at Jets season opener that Pat's dominated the Jets something like 38-14 and it was televised under NFL Network's "Classic Games". I was perplexed wondering, of all the games that the Jets have upset the Patriots they could have aired before tomorrow's game, NFL network put on this one!? WTF!
    It was driven home by the follow-up of Belichick's career afterward and early in the program they have a soundbite of Bill kinda whispering to Brady, "no one ever changes here, except the players and coaches". Which really got me thinking..... Jeez after such a rout of a game to follow up with an homage to Belichick, does Kraft own NFL network or sumpn!!!!!???? Throwing salt on the wounded Jet's pride!!!
    Then I figured it out!
    That blowout was the game that the Pats got busted for spygate!!!! hahahaha!!! OK...NFL network's got a sense of humor!!! I get it!!!!

Go Jets! we got this!!!!

3. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

So it looks like we're down to our 3rd string nose tackle in Damon Harrison. We are going to be pretty hard pressed to stop the run here.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I will be seriously depressed if we lose tomorrow. I hope we can pull this one off. I trust Rex but Pats ground attack is concerning me.

5. Combustible Rextible

6. Nikhiln25

Nikhiln25 New Member

Tebow will win us this game with a fake punt pass for TD.

7. Corrado Sparano

Corrado Sparano New Member

Stomp out those dirty dirty cheats!!!

8. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

You're setting yourself up for disappointment having high expectations for this game

Should have tried to keep it low and perhaps be pleasantly surprised.

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

For sure. I'm just hoping to cover the huge spread. Make a game of it. Make the Pats fans sweat for a little bit. If we win I will be massively pumped, but I won't be "depressed" if we lose. As soon as the schedule was announced I had this one circled as a loss, and that was before we lost Holmes and Revis for the season.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone is watching NFL gameday morning right now but Warner and Sapp ranked the AFCE. Here is what they came up with

Warner: Pats, Dolphins, Jets, Bills
    Sapp: Pats, Bills, Dolphins, Jets

Wow. Both of them have the Dolphins ranked ahead of us. Sapp has us as last in the division because Revis is hurt and because we have two QBs but "no QB."

I think it's funny how people in the media always assume the absolute worst of the Jets in all situations. I mean the Bills have Fitzpatrick and the 2nd worst defense in the league, but we can assume they'll be okay. The Dolphins have a rookie QB and have a harder schedule post bye week (Pats twice alone is pretty bad) but we can assume they'll be okay.

11. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Michael Irvin predicts Sanchez will throw 5 picks and Marshall Faulk predicsts the pats will have 200 yards on the ground, it's a patriot love fest on nfl network this morning.

12. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

...and water is wet. What else is new?

Maybe it's good karma, because I remember at least one time when Irvin predicted Sanchez to play awful and get benched for Brunell, he went out and had a great game against San Diego last year.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah at least be realistic with your predictions for our failure. People saying Tebow would start game 3, Sanchez being benched for Clemens or Brunnell. Be realistic.

My comments, has Sanchez ever thrown 5 in a game? Was Buffalo in 09 5 or 4?

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Michael Irvin's, so take it w/ a grain of salt, bold prediction for today Sanchez will throw 5 picks & Tebow will start next week

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Also worth noting Marshall Faulk's bold prediction was Patriots would have a 300 yard passer, 200 yard runner & 100 yard receiver.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    ------>RT“@NickSpano: Last time Michael Irvin made a coked up bold prediction about Sanchez, he went out and threw 4 TD's.”

^ The Patriots cycle runners a lot, I don't see how they get enough possessions to accumulate 500 yards.

#173 displacedfan, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  14. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Sometimes I think that Marshall Faulk is such a Pats hater that he makes these outlandish predictions just so the Pats won't look good if they don't reach these unreachable expectations.

I stopped watching the pregame shows years ago unless they had a feature I was interested in, or I needed some news to aid my Fantasy team. Those guys have as much a real sense of what's going on as we do. Maybe even less because they follow our teams less amid the other 30.

BUT the fact remains that the Jets have EARNED their reputation as the clown college of the NFL. It might be unfair the way they pile on at this point, but the truth is the Jets didn't one day wake up as the laughing stock of the NFL. They built that reputation brick by brick

What is noteworthy for THIS particular game is that probably never in the history of the league have 2 teams, both with 3-3 records, gone into a game where the PERCEPTION was of such a cavernous gap between them.

For the last 5 years all I heard from Jet fans was that "the gap" was closing, or was gone, yet somehow "the gap" has suddenly reopened and even Jet fans can't ignore it any longer.

I haven't made a post this week until now, simply because Its gotten to the point where I can't say anything trollish about the Jets that most Jet fans aren't saying themselves..... So really what's the point? :wink:

Here's to a game where no one gets injured, and we fans are suitably entertained...... Only I think I'm going to be more entertained than you guys. However if the improbable happens, I'll be back to accept the brickbats.

15. displacedfan

The Jets got Tebow, everyone laughs. What else have they done this year or last year to be "clowns"? The last clownish thing they did was Cromartie calling Brady and Asshole. They are 3-3 with the Pats, Bills, and Dolphins. If the Jets are the clown team and suck so bad, what does that say about the 3 teams around them that don't have better record than the Jets? :eek:hmy:

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

The Jets have done nothing to be clowns. They trade for Tim Tebow, so they are instantly called clowns by the very same clowns who built Tebow up. It is the same thing as New York writers calling out Joe Girardi for blaming the umpires in game 2 and not the hitters. Yet the first 10-15 questions were "do you want replay" "what do you think about the call at second base" and Joe answered the questions.

The media writes to draw the unintelligent fans, the ones who don't follow the team enough to watch the entire press conference to understand the context of it. Oh Rex said the Jets are going to beat the Patriots, yea but ignore the rest of the press conference where he respects the team and says nothing to the contrary.

It was all built up by Manish Mehta and his anonymous sources as there being a rift in the team. I still haven't read anything to prove evidence as to Mr. Sensationalists claims. The team was 8-8. Its an organization, name me one team in the NFL that doesn't have angry people on. Better yet name me one organization in the world that doesn't have angry people in it. Its just that ESPN loves Tebow and the Jets acquired him so that just enhances their circus image.

On a whole nother level of rant I could go off on Tebow and TMZSPN.

And the average fan eats up what is said by FOX, CBS, ESPN and NFL Network and takes it as fact. I must admit I did it when I was 10-12, but I realized that they are trying to draw ratings and for some reason people love Tebow, Tebow draws ratings, and Tebow is on the Jets.

17. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Its not just the Tebow Trade DPF, its literally hundreds of small stories, but sum it all up, to quote Shakespeare, the Jets are ".....full of sound and fury....signifying...nothing" (MacBeth).

Its the CONSTANT noise of claiming great expectations that are never met. Its the over hyping of players who don't meet those lofty expectations. Its making the like of Santonio Holmes your captain, and lose him for the season with an image of him handing a TD to the enemy when he ran into some adversity. Its the actions of your Owner who's only accomplishment in life is winning the sperm bank lottery. The the actions of your coaches who create headlines and disruption totally unnecessarily over and over. Its your GM who every day proves again and again, he's NOT a football guy. Its your players who have never seen a microphone they don't like and a disruptive comment they wouldn't make. Pace's comment on the hurry up makes the Jets sound like whinny losers before the game even starts to the rest of the nation.

Listen DPF, your HC claims to be the best defensive coach in the league. He has drafted defense primarily over his 3 years in NJ, and has a lousy defense to show for it. Your HC claimed that this was the most talented Jet team of his era, when even the most die hard Jet fan knows that that isn't true. Not even close to being true.

Like I said. Some of the stuff is clearly piling on, and not exactly fair. But what do you expect from the NYC area media. That's what they do. But to think that this rep hasn't been justifiably EARNED for the most part, just isn't being realistic, man.

Enjoy the game, DP. I know I will :wink:

18. displacedfan

Oh boo hoo. The Jets think they can win a game. God forbid they believe they can win a game here and there?

Tone wasn't captain this season, good job listening to the nonsense from the media.

Oh yeah our owner that's dating a very young model and helped her with an interesting movie script that leaked onto the internet?

Yeah, the coach that said Tom Brady is one of the greatest QBs ever. The coach that said Bill is one of the greatest coahces ever. The coach that said NE has stranglehold on the AFC East and the division goes through them. The coach that said Tannehill looks better than a rookie QB and has a very birght future. The coach that says CJ Spiller looks like a young Jim Brown. What terrible things to say all this year!

Pace's comments sound like that because you don't read whole quotes. He called it very smart and wished the Jets did it. What a terrible man! Oh and to add onto this, I guess it was borderline illegal since you were subbing guys onto the field without the defense getting a chance.

He believes this could be the most talented team he's coach. There as no outrage over that quote by the NY media anyways because he said could be, potentially, has potential, bright future, etc etc. If you think that's bad, then is it terrible that Rex said Tannehill could be a great QB in the future? Is that as bad aslo?

The last two years has not been justifiable. The only year that justified it was 2010-2011 where they had the Ines incident, the Revis holdout, Hard Knocks, slouch, 45-3, "its personal", "ill make sure Welker feels it if he comes over the middle", "brady is an asshole",feet, etc. That was the one year. Besides that it's people like you soaking up headlines and not reading quotes.

What exactly happened this year or last year? There isn't much to it. If I wanted to, I could probably find teams who have talked more or more ridiculous, but they aren't located in NY. It's clear piling on. 2010/2011 was 100% deserved. 2011-2012 was not really deserved. This year not really deserved. They're riding off two years ago at this point and not looking at what happened recently. They should be ripped for being a mediocre team with a lack of talent that failed to develop a QB. But how does that make them a joke? Are the Broncos a joke because they are at 3-3 after spending the farm on Peyton. Are the Patriots a joke for spending draft after draft on their secondary and having one of the worst in the league? No, that's football.

The Jets have had major injuries this year and are 3-3. What exactly is clownish about that? Again if the Jets are 3-3 with multiple injuries and according to everyone have no talent and suck, what does that say about every other team in the AFC except 2 that are also 3-3 and worse including your Patriots? The Jets are a mediocre team, not sure why everyone acts like they're the worst team and a joke? It doesn't make any sense. If they were 1-5 or 0-6, sure. But they are 3-3, losing their two best skill position players. I don't understand what makes that a joke or clownish? They're average like the rest of the AFC and lost their best player.

Don't get me wrong, the Jets deserve to be ripped. But rip them for they product they put on the field which has been average the last two years (11-11). Not because you read headlines only. It's like the thing with Sanchez. There are SO many thing to rip him for on the field, and people got mad because he celebrated Joe McKnight returning a kickoff for a TD. Really?

#178 displacedfan, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  19. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

It is not about reporting the news. It is about making it sensational.

20. displacedfan

Well said. I could have saved myself so much time if I said this because it's the root of the thing. :beer: