Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I made that same point about a year or two ago on here.

the comments about Sanchez comes from a place deeper than football. they come from the heart.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I agree with you on this but the owner is the most important link to a successful NFL franchise and sometimes the education of the owner is a painful experience for the fans.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've wondered about that as well.

Pennington had nice stats, but when it was boiled down, he just didn't have the physical ability and 'clutch' ability to get it done, pretty much ever. Yet he always had the contingent of supporters that Sanchez really doesn't.

Of course, he was blonde-haired and blue-eyed and always had the right thing to say.

It bears questioning whether the people that personally hate Sanchez are mainly racist. By this, I mean the ones who just rail on every single thing about him without reason or objectivity.

The guy has his downfalls, but not enough for the overt hatred he gets.

4. Br4d

I agree that there is a racist element in the criticism of Sanchez. There have been people who didn't like him from day one and if you go looking at who was criticizing early on it's kind of illuminating.

Most of the criticism though is performance oriented at this point. The Jets have done a lousy job of supporting Sanchez development to date, however find me a successful NFL QB who was completing less than 50% of his passes nearing the mid-point of his 4th season.

There are people who have played with Sanchez the last couple of years who clearly were bad fits for his talents and personality. Plaxico Burress couldn't get deep on Herm Edwards at this point and Herm's close to 60. Santonio Holmes is one of the most erratic star-caliber players I've ever seen and contributed more than his share towards the Jets overall shakiness on offense last season and this.

All of that said, Sanchez hasn't displayed the ability to adapt to subpar talent like Plaxico or settle down erratic players like Holmes. The QB has to be the guy who finds the calm spot for the offense to function from and instead Sanchez is often amped himself at the wrong times.

Put Sanchez on a veteran team with a lot of support, particularly guys who know they need to support him, and he looks good enough to pass muster. Put him on a team like this one with a lot of young players and a few very self-entitled vets and he doesn't.

I wish the Jets were the team picking him up at 28 instead of the team that failed to develop him before that.

5. Br4d

For all their differences Sanchez as Jet's QB ultimately reminds me of Chad as Jet's QB: not enough talent to make up for an average supporting cast, so the Jets are average with them leading the team.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I remember the lawsuits...

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the entire he has new receivers every year line is a crock.

if he was working with them out there at jets west, for an entire ota and for an entire season i think they should have their chemistry, unless they are completely and totally retarded. thats the biggest crock i have ever heard. its a fucking 15 yard out pattern, you dont need 5 years of chemistry to run it correctly. you need a guy who runs consistent routes and a qb who doesnt suck eggs.

the fucking guy cant throw a 5 yard crossing pattern to the fucking full back and hit him in stride. dont give me this bullshit about there are new guys every year.

4 of the top 10 wide receivers are working with new qbs. including hartline from fucking miami. who is working with a ROOKIE qb. and reggie wayne who is working with guess what... a ROOKIE QB.

neither one of those guys is a top notch receiver at this point in their career either.

2 of the top 3 qbs in passer rating are with a new team or guess what A FUCKING ROOKIE, i guess they are having a really rough time adjusting to those new wide receivers.

fucking excuse makers kill me.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sanchez can be inaccurate, but saying that he can't throw a 5 yard crossing pattern is untrue and ignorant and completely invalidates your post.

Liars kill me.

9. Buffalo Jet

Buffalo Jet New Member

You mean the Defense which had a starter out due to Sickle cell trait? Or was it the Defense whose entire starting D-line was out from injury by the 2nd quarter?

I don't love Sanchez or think he is anything more than a mediocre at best QB, but if you think Tebow is close to a decent pro QB then I don't even know how to have an adult conversation with you. Might as well tell me dinosaurs lived 6,000 years ago.

10. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

People like you are less then worthless. The guy has worse stats then any other starting QB over the last 4 years, and if people thinks he sucks they are racist? I'm sure you attribute all of your many failure in life to racism. Here's a little insight - it wasn't racism, it's you. Get back in your time machine and come back to the 21st century.

11. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

cause racism don't exist in the 21st century rite:rolleyes:

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Pennington was a corn pone hick. Not exactly one that would ordinarily be a popular New York quarterback unless it was because of his play.

13. Br4d

Chad was popular because he came in with a bang in 2002 when the Jets were in trouble and helped right the ship. He played very well for the Jets until the opposition was an elite defense and then he suffered some. He got hurt a lot.

I don't think the Opie thing he had going for him was either a big positive or a negative for Jets fans. I think he'd be welcomed back as a coach because people get that he's a very smart guy and that he made the most of some pretty average attributes and supporting casts.

14. MURDR

MURDR Banned

LOL at saying that Sanchez is getting criticized heavier because he's Mexican. That is ridiculous. He is being "hated" on because he sucks.

15. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

I think it's not that people want him to fail, it's that in a lot of jets fans minds he's already failed and we want a new QB.

But Tebow was a retarded idea that should have cost whoever made that call their job. We gave a fourth and a fifth for Tebow right? We could have taken Russel Wilson in third and still gotten Davis in the 4th.

16. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Exactly what Mark is not doing. I don't hate on the guy, when he's good we win or at least compete, when he's not good he's really awful.

With Chad or Vinnie, there was never (ok rarely) a game I thought we didn't have a chance in, with Mark I never know who's going to show. He can beat anyone or lose to anyone...sometimes in the same game.

17. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

First off - grammar. Reading this was like chewing on a coke can.

Your issue here is that you decided to use this one post, absent from the context of the conversation at hand, as your basis to write this piece of crap.

I imagine as you were typing this a vein was popping out of your neck.

18. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

It's true that Eli didn't have a good start to his career, but I think it's silly to compare him to Sanchez, even within the context of their first four years. Eli came to a team that was nowhere near as talented as the Jets were when Sanchez was drafted. Remember, they traded up from 16th overall to take him at 5th. The Giants had the 4th overall pick (coming off an awful 4-12 season) and traded Rivers for Eli in that draft. Eli & Mark came in to two very different teams in terms of talent.

Also, FWIW, Eli's stats for "his first four years" are really only stats for 3.5 years; he didn't start until midway through his rookie year.

Eli didn't take 5-6 years before becoming a difference maker, he took slightly less than 4 years in the league. Eli's performance from the regular to the post-season huge and the greatest statistical improvement from the 10-6 regular season team to the history making playoff team. Eli had a down year in 2010 (even though a number of those INTs were off WRs hands. You can watch the film if you want, but I believe the number of INTs of deflections of on-target passes was 6 for that year), but I would say he's rebounded nicely since then.

I couldn't disagree more that the Giants and Jets in Eli & Mark's early careers, respectively, are built similarly. Eli was made the focal point of the offense, if you want proof of that go and check out his passing attempts for his first few years. Mark was brought in to manage and make plays as needed, not be the straw that stirs the drink. Eli also had a number of shitty defenses early in his career; I don't think it's a stretch to say that Sanchez has not.

I certainly understand hoping Sanchez has a similar career arc, but I don't think the comparisons between he & Eli are valid.

19. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

everything is better in retrospect right. I was in ny during Eli's early years, u prolly weren't on the bandwagon then but Eli was on the verge of being ran out of town. i remember that Titans game, eli was bottom heap.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I do not believe Tebow will ever replace Mark as the starter during the time they are together on the Jets.

If Tebow only gets 2 or 3 touches in games such as Steelers, 49ers and Texans...he certainly will not start.

They don't trust or want (that could be a better word) for Tebow do take over 1 drive much less the starting position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.