Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Absolutely, although I was not making a comparison, just answering Abyzmul

#381 CowboysFan, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. PhatRex

PhatRex Banned

His performances in the playoffs are very exaggerated. They weren't as good as people say. Truth hurts. The guy sux. Sooner we realize that , easier it will be.

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Yes all if Sanchez's accomplishments are extremely exaggerated. When he's bad, say he's bad. When he does something well, it's luck.

The logic of some people..... Honestly, get a clue.

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

QBR is much better rating than Qb rating. I'd say it's relevant to a certain extent.

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I guess 'qualified QB' takes Tebow out of the equation.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Man have I heard that argument over and over and over and over about another QB I like....

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

In the end it comes down to how a QB performs. Nobody cares if their team won a few games they maybe wouldn't have without them if the QB's performance is not clearly good in the process of doing that.

Both Sanchez and Tebow are inferior QB's at this point. Yeah, their teams might have won a game here and there due to their performance but it's also clear their teams have lost games because of their performance.

It's unfortunate that the Jets chose to bring in an inconsistent but talented QB to backup an inconsistent but talented QB. When Tebow does get in the game the fans are going to be pre-conditioned to see him as a better alternative to Mark Sanchez while in fact he is likely a worse one. That's going to create a really toxic environment in the stadium for everybody involved.

Only the Jets could make this kind of move and think it might work.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

excuse?

-Dustin Keller is the only target whos been here since Sanchez got here.

-He had a stellar OL his rookie year and then it was exposed for a complete lack of depth since.

-Theyve played musical chairs at WR from day one and the only WR he appeared to have chemistry with (Braylon Edwards) was shipped out after 2 yrs. They overpaid Holmes who needs a deep threat across from him to perform like a true #1 WR. Kerley is solid but still proving himself. They get him his first new WR with potential his fourth year (Hill) and everyone else whos played here at WR has been a non factor.

-They havent had an explosive playmaker on this offense since Leon Washington, and the player closest resembling that role McKnight goes down as soon as they woke up and started using him.

-When you draft a QB at number #5 overall this the recipe to make sure you sabotage progression, zero consistency anywhere on offense except LT and C. and even Brick and Mangold have looked average this year since theres been so many moving pieces due to injury and lack of depth.

Im not saying Sanchez is without fault, but I look at every other recent young QB's supporting cast and teams might miss on prospects but their strategy on trying to develop them is lightyears beyond the Jets.

I just dont know how people can expect consistency when we have a GM whose best draft picks came under a different coaching staff.

we run a 3-4 with 1 capable LBer. and putting those shitty OLB's on the LOS doesnt qualify as a 4 man front.

before i disect the whole team ill end my rant

but most Jet fans dont want to take circumstance into account they just wanna say (insert name here) is a JAG. and go home and kick their dog.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good thing that Peyton didn't come here.

10. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Remember Favre?

11. Clifton59

Clifton59 Banned

Mark is what he is. An average QB who is very inconsistent. He can make some beautiful throws right before a pick six. As long as the other 2 units dominate the Jets can win. If things are going wrong for those units Mark and the O can not carry the team alone.

12. Br4d

This is all true and it makes Mark Sanchez either a victim, albeit very well paid, or a guy who is going to make it work even though the Jets have been close to brain-dead during his development phase.

If he's a victim I want him out of here. The QB can't be a victim and lead a team well. I want all the idiots who contributed to the mess gone also and the first step in doing that is to admit there's a mess.

If Sanchez can't overcome the total lack of competence on the part of the organization in developing him then it is time for him to move on and for us as Jet's fans to get some hope back.

We could go years with Sanchez, Rex, Tanny and Bradway all clinging to each other as the sharks circle. I'd rather move on to what's next.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What on Earth makes you think that Woody has it in him to clean house?

14. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

He is what he is, but what choice do we have? Tebow? C'mon man.

15. Br4d

Because he's never done it before and he's got to be thinking that it's time to change the way he does business if he wants different results.

This franchise has essentially looked exactly the same over three successive coaching regimes now under Woody. All hopey and bubbly early on and then a progressive descent into the muck after that. The pattern is clear. The Jets get a momentary boost out of the new coach and then the lack of talent drags them down again.

This time around it is time to change the people who have caused that dynamic and they are the people who procure talent for the Jets. Even Woody has to be thinking that at this point as he watches the third successive coaching regime dragged down by a talent deficit.

Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini and Rex Ryan couldn't possibly be further apart in terms of personality and methods and yet all three of them have failed now when forced to deal with the talent deficits that have accumulated under their watch.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

honestly the only people i care about keeping are Rex Thurman, and Dunbar, Possibly also Sanjay Lal.

lol I dont think most QB's could overcome what i presented. so you can axe Sanchez but he will go somewhere and play better while were still looking for a qb.

and I understand your line of thinking. im just saying plenty of people love to pound their fist on the table but have nothing to say in reality. and thats just my take on the whole Sanchez situation.

17. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

preach on. Fans are prone to overreaction and scapegoating. it fits their narrative. most fans are jealous of the athletes that they root for so if there's room to pile on the hate, they will go right for it.

18. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

To be honest, most of the hate for Sanchez sounds like a mix of disappointment and jealousy. There are reasons to be concerned about Sanchez, sure. The hate for him is near a personal level. I've even wondered if some of it is possibly racist in nature.

19. Br4d

The Jets are in a major rut right now and they're not going to get out of it until they make big changes. Not just cosmetic changes to try to sell tickets, an effort that will fail miserably and embarrass Woody Johnson and the organization in the process. They need real changes.

Unfortunately, changing the QB is the biggest change they can make on the field at this late date. I don't think Woody will really understand what this whole mess looks like to the average person until he sees his pet project on the field and the Jets still looking average to poor. I just don't see any scenario in which Sanchez stays on the field and the Jets aren't right back where they were at the beginning of 2011 next season. I definitely don't want to go into camp next season with Sanchez and Tebow in competition for the QB job after an 8 win season. That would be just an enormous waste of a year for us.

It would be nice to think that something is going to click for Sanchez all of a sudden and he'll be playing lights out the rest of the way and the Jets will cruise into the playoffs. I'd kill for that scenario to come true. I just don't think it is realistic to expect it to happen at this point.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

not with this inconsistent OL and the fact our best WR's are a rookie and Kerley lol.

which is why i made my earlier point. i know what you mean about cleaning house. I just think if we move on from Sanchez it will be lame as hell to watch him actually go play well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.