Jets @ Patriots score predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 19, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im going with 27-21 in a loss. We fall short, as we play from behind all day. I think catching the Patriots after a loss always sucks. I think we will take the game later in the season, but Sunday we wont.

I hope we win but winning in Foxborough is really hard.

2. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I think it's going to be a little higher scoring... the Jets should put up points, but I don't think they'll keep up.

Patriots 34, Jets 24.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

35-17 Jets.

4. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

19-17 Jets.

16-10 Jets at 2 minute warning, Brady marches them downfield and hits Welker over the middle of for a 45 yard touchdown but leaves Mark and the Jets 1:35 seconds left to get into field goal range. Decent return to the 35 and Dirty hits Hill over the middle set up a Folk 40 yarder.

Then I woke up.

5. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

27-13 Pats. I don't think we'll be able to score easily. It'll be close but our D will get tired at the end and give up some points.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It'll be like most patriots games. It will start out relatively slow and close with the teams feeling each other out and playing mind games. Maybe the Jets make a big play to score a TD and only be down something like 17-10 in the second quarter.

This is where Tom Brady and the Patriots win games, the last two minutes of the half and the first drive after the half. I bet that continues and by mid third quarter its 31-10 NE.

At that score Sanchez will start pressing, a mistake will be made and it will be 38-10. Maybe a Jets garbage TD late in the game will be scored.

38-17 Patriots.

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Pats win 31-27

We get a pick 6 on Brady's only pick of the game and two TDs (Hill, Keller) through the air and two FGs. They get one on the ground and three through the air and FG. We have possession at the end of the game and need a TD but turn it over on downs.

In my "never thought that would happen" scenario the Jets win a low scoring affair at 17-10. Both defenses show up big time, lots of tackles for a loss, a few sacks each, a lot of punting back and forth but not a whole lot of fumbles/picks. Jets get a long bomb TD to Hill and Sanchez runs one in himself, probably on a bootleg. I fully acknowledge how ridiculous and unlikely this scenario is.

8. finjim

finjim Banned

I would love it if you guys knocked off the Brady Bunch. But it just isn't going to happen. They will NOT lose 2 in a row, ever. I hope you win though, so we can beat you next week and sit alone in first!

:up:

9. JAG

JAG New Member

Pats 30-17 Pats could score more but I think they utilize the ground game vs the Jets porous run D. An "unusual" play(s) eg blocked punt, KO returned for a TD could make it closer

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

31-17 Pasts.

I don't fancy our chances airing it out to take advantage of their secondary.

11. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

Pats 31 Jets 14 close game till Jones strip sacks Sanchez and it is returned for a TD by Cunningham to ice the game with 8 minutes left.

12. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

so they will never lose two in a row like they did in week 2 & 3 this year. 28-17 and the Pats have their 2nd two game losing streak this season

13. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

Hot Rod,

The Jets are not the Ravens, and AZ caught the Pats napping.. Going be a good game but an L for the jets :p

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Earlier in the week I figured the Jets would get killed in this game. For no logical reason, and probably just being a homer I'm going the other way now. The game is close in the first half then Sparano breaks out the 2 QB on the field at the same time offense in the second half giving Belichick no halftime to adjust to it. The Pats can't figure it out and the Jets roll - Tebow throws 2 bombs for TD's.

Jets 37
    Pats 17

15. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

The Patriots offense will wear out the Jets defense and the Jets run game will not show up. So you can do the math.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This game will be predictable.

The Jets won't be able to stop the Patriots' hurry up offense. The only way the Jets force the Patriots into a punting situation is when Brady botches 3rd down passing plays.

The Patriots run defense is better than the Colts so I doubt the Jets will be able to keep the ball away from Brady.

This looks like a loss

27-10 Patriots

and we storm the forums in rage after the game.

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'll mirror what a few have already said. I believe we'll compete in the 1st half, and get dominated in the 2nd.

Jets 20
    Patriots 37

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

finally looks like some realistic posts on this thread. absolutely no way the jets take this game, right??

gonna be interesting to see BB run up the score if he has the opportunity to.

i like the comment about jones strip sacking sanchez - we all know thats going to happen.

19. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

This... I don't think the Patriots will screw up any chances for points right before the half like last week. Although I'll give the Jets some more points

35-20 Pats.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Jets-17
    Pats-27

Gos unleashes his inner Janikowski and nails two 50+ FG which changes the whole dynamic. He never misses vs the Jets it seems.

I think Jets offense does well....especially when the kick returning game is going to be hurting with McKnight out. Jet defense won't respond to the quick running Pat offense and offer up 2 TDs based on that to Brady. I think we stop Ridley and don't let the running game bash us but I expect Gronk Spike to have a TD on the day and really burn our lackluster safeties on pass coverage.