Worse for Sanchez Tebow or McElroy?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Potzer, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

AWESOME! lol Maybe JabadaRussell could be an OL guy.

2. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Just Rex playing head games.

Or maybe not.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

ROTFL! :rofl:

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow better put his foot down on this RB crap. Don't let idiots Rex and Sparano ruin what he worked hard for.

5. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Don't sweat it. This is not going to happen. If you read Rex's comments, this was all hypothetical. Not saying it won't happen a play or 2, but he will not be a RB.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

what!?? if rex says your a rb you are a fucking rb. let him say no and watch how fast his choir boy reputation goes to hell. he is supposed to be the good guy that does anything to help his team win.he can't say no now. he is going to have to do anything they say and do it with a smile on his face.

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

And say "thank you sir may I have another?"

F' that. I have no issue with tebow FINALLY standing up for himself. He's a QB (debatable if he's a good one or not). He has every right to refuse playing a position he's never played in his life. Rex has every right to cut him if he refuses, but Tebow shouldn't just "bend over and take it" just because some idiot coach wants to try and force him to change positions.

8. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Whew! I don't think he likes choir boys.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Tebow is only getting 3 or 4 snaps and they will make sure he is far away when the game is on the line and being decided, please don't sweat it....seriously...

10. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

Tebow's always been a team-first kind of guy, so I'd expect him to do whatever he's asked to do enthusiastically. Of course, he also moved to another school district in order to play QB in high school, so all bets would be off for 2013. Just my opinion.

Personally, I'd prefer see Tebow at QB, and starting. Sanchez is like the Obama of the NFL. We've already seen what he can do, and, frankly, it hasn't been that impressive.

11. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

The media asked Rex if Tebow will be used as RB and he gave an ambiguous answer and the media runs with it. Truth is, Tebow didn't even practice RB this week.

12. BJXX

BJXX New Member

That's exactly what happened. The media is reacting as if Tebow was named starting halfback and Shonne Green would be traded.

13. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

I believe the media has had a part to play in Tebow not taking a lot of snaps at QB. Rex wants to avoid the shit storm that will rain down if he goes in and out plays Sanchez. At times I think the teams lets rumors out just to quell a QB controversy so now the questions go from, "is Sanchez your starting QB" to "when will Tebow play RB?"

14. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Careful with that, you'll end up with a Scarlet T-bot letter.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Don't you dare disrespect Obama by comparing him to Sanchez.

16. BJXX

BJXX New Member

I do believe Rex is doing this. I don't know how well Tebow would perform, but a completed screen pass is all the fans would need to see before a mutiny commenced.

I also believe all this Tebow at RB "news" is head games Ryan is playing with the Patriots.

17. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

The Obama part is absolutely hilarious and is dead on.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

He has every right to refuse, but there goes his whole team first, do anything to win repuatation. Something that has been built up pretty high. If you don't think that factors into it, I don't know what to tell you.

And I don't think Rex is turning him into a RB, he's using him as a RB because of our injuries. Putting Cromartie at WR didn't mean he was making Cromartie a receiver, they were just using him at WR because of the injuries.

And the article said Rex said we might consider it. That isn't, a Tebow is becoming a RB for this year statement. If they really wanted to make Tebow a RB, they would have done so in the offseason. They are trying to use a football player in anyways necessary to make up for their injuries and lack of talented depth.

19. JustLurking

JustLurking New Member

I agree with everything you said. Although I do not believe he needs to do whatever anyone tells. No one is going to look out for his best interests but him. I don't think he should care what public perception is for something like that. He should help the team until it becomes a detrament to him reaching his goals.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I just don't think this is detrimental to him reaching his QB goal. It's not like it was RB or QB choice. The Jets MAY use him at RB as they already did in MIA when he blocked pass rushers. It's just adding a wrinkle to stuff. It's not moving Tebow there permanently so I don't think it hurts his goal of being QB