Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

I doubt it takes into account his recievers running terrible routes...

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah it was real sunny and warm in Chicago in December, in New England in January, in Cincy in January, in Pitt in January, in New York end of November.
    Real warm and sunny, that's why everyone goes to New York, New England, Pittsburgh, and Chicago in the winter, to get away from the cold weather!

Yeah Sanchez really sucked against Houston in 2010 letting Greene fumble the ball and making the defense give up that 2 touchdown lead. Good thing Braylon threw himself a bomb and caught it and the tone threw himself te game winner. Funny thing is, both championship games te blame is probably 60-40 defense for that loss.

People talking in absolutes is great because to I only need to find one example to prove how silly it is. Sanchez is a below average QB. QBR is a terrible judgement of QBs.

3. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

I could not agree more with you. For everyone comparing qb stats remember that everyone plays on a different team. Our number one wr now is a ROOKIE. There are so many confounding variables that stats do not tell the entire story. Sanchez is all we've got right now. I understand all of you voicin your opinion against him but I still hope youre rooting for him in games and not against so you can be right to anonymous people on a message board.

4. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

Stats don't tell the whole store....you are correct in that. Most people without blinders on, however, can visually see Sanchez as one of the worst performing QB's over the past 4 years.

5. Steelerstone

Steelerstone New Member

It's funny.....when someone's stats are good, people love stats; when they are bad, people hate stats.

I prefer to base judgement on what you see in key opportunities and I would be very discouraged by Sanchez and the contract he has been handed.

6. june19

june19 Active Member

alot of sanchoz fans here,he sucks anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Jesus Christ! Somebody just posted that same info in the MS sucks thread!! Do we really need a new Mark Sanchez sucks thread every couple days? We know the stats, we know he's struggled. This isn't some revelation or shocking news. Fuck outta here.

8. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Not trying to make excuses but you also have to realize that if nobody's open, he's either throwing it away (I assume this is counted as an overthrow) or trying to throw a receiver open. Not saying that he still wouldn't have the highest percent but that probably doesn't tell the whole story, no stat can.

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

QTF

Is hitting a receiver int eh back of the head considered a dropped pass or an overthrow? Or is there a stat for WR fucked up?

I'm actually kinda surprised at the number of Sanchez defenders. While I think he is sucking this year, he is still the best QB on the roster. McElway is a 3rd string QB cause he is a 3rd string QB. His preseason play was against the 2's & 3's so I doubt he can match that against opposing 1's.

However, Sanchez development has definitely been hindered by the way this org has handled the revolving door at WR and 2nd string QB.

The Jets are the model franchise on what NOT to do to develop a rookie QB.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Another thing that the announcers actually brought up in the Colts game is that the Jets don't do a lot of screen passes or quick passes to the wideout when the DB is far from the line of scrimmage. Those are basically automatic completitions assuming your WR doesn't drop it...which is another stat I'd like to see them include because I assume a dropped pass counts as an incomplete pass and therefore affects is pass completition percentage even if the ball was thrown perfectly and the receiver messed up. But maybe I'm wrong on that. Plus it also probably counts having to throw it away because no receivers are open or the pocket is collapsing...hardly his fault if other people aren't doing their jobs, a big criticism of him in the past was that he wouldn't throw it away, he would take the sack and lose a lot of yards and frequently fumble it, too.

You factor in dropped passes and the fact that we don't do many plays that are basically automatic completitions and throwing it away to avoid a sack and I bet his numbers look a lot better.

I'll say this much, I don't feel that I am a Sanchez apologist. I'm not a huge fan of his. I'm not sure if he can lead us to a superbowl and I'm not confident any time he hits the field, I feel like a fumble or pick is just around the corner. That being said, I think people are far too negative surrounding him. He's an average QB at best but he's not the worst QB in the league like some people make him out to be. Not every team has a Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. I think if we had a legit feature back, preferably top 5 but even top 10 in the league, that we would win a lot more games and Sanchez would look a lot better through playaction and just in general as teams would have to be worried about the run.

Our problem is that right now we don't strike fear into the opponents in any aspect of the offensive side of the game: oline is decent but not all world (Mangold is kickass, though), WRs are below average, RBs are average at best, TEs I would put as a bit above average but not top 10 in the league either. So that means the defense just has to prepare a general defense and can make changes based on who is on and who is off that game. Makes it easy on them. If we had an elite rusher then they have to gameplan for that specifically which creates room for the receivers or vice versa.

Bottom line is that he is our QB for the foreseeable future. Whether you like it or not. Some people seem to want him to fail and I don't get that. I'll always cheer for him as long as he's out there. I'll also just be crossing my fingers that it's not a pick or fumbled snap.

11. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Are there really bandwagon fans (more than a handful) on TGG.com that like Sanchez just because he's "cute" and from "USC"? I know there are a lot of stupid and shallow people in the world, but i refuse to believe there are Kardashian-like mooks lurking theganggreen.com for Sanchez other than he is our current QB and they are fans of the team.

12. Potzer

Potzer New Member

2 people compute QB rating and get the same result.

2 people compute ESPN"s QBR and get different results.

It is subjective, and retarded. ESPN uses it to push the story they're trying to sell. Its dishonest, disingenuous, and a farce.

13. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Did the Jets fuck up Sanchez or did they blow the pick on a QB with too little college experence?

If stafford were healthy and had edwards, holmes and cotch in 2010 would he have been better than Mark? Probably.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

yeah and that is why Stafford was drafted first overall.

15. wildaces

wildaces Banned

It is just as subjective to any other QB as well.

16. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Or bad route-running, for example

17. jlee499

jlee499 Member

I believe this is true... just wish we could find out for sure on the playing field.
    :jets:

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea but that doesn't change anything. Different receivers, TEs, OC etc. When no one is running the right routes its easy to put it down as a underthrow, over throw, or missed throw.

19. VanderbiltJets

You and I both know it would be the Tebowites' excuse too if Tebow were starting. Probably because good excuses are correct/logical/applicable.

20. VanderbiltJets

That obviously wouldn't be ignored, unless one is trying to argue that all of the throws counted as over/underthrown were designated as such incorrectly.

That observation doesn't validate a statistic.

You serious? WFH was so bad that trading him away and starting his backup over him during the preseason drastically increased our offensive line's effectiveness within a matter of minutes. WFH wasn't a scapegoat, he was the problem. You're not recognizing that football is a sport where, on offense, all 11 players must do their job in order for the team to produce points, and you're also not acknowledging the fact that WFH was so catastrophically bad at his position that an orange traffic cone literally would've been more effective (at least the orange traffic cone would've accidentally tripped the pass rusher every once in a while).

Biggest misconception about the Jets. Everyone knows that Sanchez improved his performance during those playoffs (compared to the regular season) and the defense didn't show up (albeit mid-season injuries to Jenkins and Leonhard didn't help).

No one can argue that the Jets won 4 road playoff games in spite of Sanchez.

So we have terrible QBs. It's applicable given that the default discussion is Sanchez v Tebow.

Give this man a raise.

Amen

Note: Starting passer in the league. Our backup QB/RB/TE/punt protector would be worse given the opportunity.

Will he do that again? Unlikely. But, to be fair/accurate, he already did that.

For starters, it disproves the notions that the Jets won playoff games in spite of Sanchez and that the Defense carried Sanchez in those playoffs.

Inadvertent contradiction?

#300 VanderbiltJets, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.