2012 Week 7 - New York Jets at New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RutgersJET, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

We need TDs not field goals. We need to stop the run. We need to hit Brady. Do that and the rest falls into place.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We're gonna need at least 25 pts to win, maybe more, so yeah, TDs not FGs!

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's been said but if the Pats secondary is as bad as they are made out to be I think Stephen Hill could have a huge impact on this game. Our Oline has been decent in giving Sanchez time to throw and we know that Hill has got speed. Hopefully he can burn them for a few deep throws. I think he needs to contribute at least one TD and hopefully closer to 100 yards, like his first game against Buffalo. I know he only got 23 yards last week but that's only because we ran the ball so much, Sanchez only threw for like 80 yards or whatever.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Fakes, 4th down conversions, Onsides Kicks, Cromartie on the End Around ... Everything needs to be on the playlist for this game.
    If we kick a single FG from inside the 10, you can kiss this one goodbye.

And NOT fucking wasting timeouts would be nice for a change. We'll probably need them.

#124 truthbtold, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  5. deerow84

I'm predicting Sanchez runs one in himself this week. Probably on a bootleg, haven't seen him do that much (at all?) this season so far.

6. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think you have to give Cromartie credit for stepping up. One would imagine he'll be on Welker with Wilson? on Lloyd

7. Clifton59

Clifton59 Banned

I will not be an easy game to win but not impossible. If the defense and Special teams can generate turnovers and points The offense will follow with a good played game. The O's problems arise when there is too much pressure on them to perform.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

When Revis got hurt a few years ago on that ridiculous Randy Moss catch, I think Wilson covered Welker for the rest of the game and actually shut him down pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a combination of both on him though.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

First of all even against a team like the Colts with a clear number one receiver, Cro was not on him all game. The Jets play zone more often than many realize, too.

But despite that, I would expect them to play Cro more on Lloyd than any of hte others. Wilson will have to cover Welker.

10. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Yup, both safeties totally bit on the play-action. The entire secondary did!

I do love the front seven, I just think they need more talent on the back end. I don't think Ebner is going to be a star by any means, but could be OK. Wilson looks good at times but others not so much. McCourty just infuriates me, LOL...

We'll see. Hopefully they improve, starting this week.

It's a unique game... it'll probably be decided based on which team's weakness is less damaging!

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The Jets are at their worst when throwing the football and New England is at their worst defending the pass. Something's gotta give there, but when you factor in everything else, New England is just a horrible, horrible match-up. We don't have the bodies to get coverage sacks in 2010 or the pass rush we had in 2009. This will be a reality check game for us.

12. RMorin

RMorin Member

It is very simple.

Through 5-8 passes down field greater than 20 yards.

New England's run D is remarkably good. If the Jets commit to "ground and pound" this week it will show the complete suborn and ineptness of Sparano and Ryan as coaches in the NFL. New England has arguably the worst secondary in the game, especially the long ball. This is not a secret. If Sanchez attempts 5-8 passes more than 20 yards and completes 3-5, I think we can win this game. If Rex/Sparano are idiots and think "Well, the run/short passes worked with the Colts!" we will be down 24 at halftime.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think that was more because Brady and Moss wanted to show how great they were without realizing the one thing Cro can always cover is someone running in straight line. They forced so many throws into dumb coverage.

Cro seems to be a bad matchup for both receivers. Llyod makes some ridiculous grabs and is shifty and Welker is quick and good on changing direction. Cro, when playing man, is actually going to have to hit the WR as he comes off the line. Throw off the timing a little could be enough to buy the pass rush an extra second.

We need to go down the field often, even if Sanchez throws a pick or two. It can be through play action or spread, but most throws have to go down the field. Very important for Sanchez to be on the deep throws AND the offensive line has to hold strong to let those routes develop. I would hope we roll Sanchez out a little bit. It might cut down the area to throw the field, but if NE keeps biting on play action badly, someone will be open.

14. NFL

NFL Active Member

I completely agree. Let Tebow run the offense. Maybe this time he"ll complete more than 8 passes in a 45-10 blowout. Tom Brady almost had more TDs than Tebow threw completions. And lets help Brady find another job as a punter after he gets too old to play QB.

#134 NFL, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  15. MauiJet

MauiJet Member

Sparano and Rex together have been dreaming of this game! They are gonna blow minds with the game plan. But as with any other Patriot game, you have to get to Brady. Have to stretch the field. Greene has to punish secondary tacklers. No penalties, no mistakes. Sanchez comfortable with his reads and no tipped passes. While the Patriots could win as all the pundits say, I would not be surprised if the Jets, firing on all cylinders, pull off a historic total team win.
    J E T S jets! jets! jets!

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we need to score touchdowns. we need at least 14 points from defense and special teams. and we cant turn it over. otherwise we lose by 30+

17. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I hope Rex let Sanchez and the offense do them

go for it on 4th downs and more fake punts will keep brady on the bench

18. deerow84

I don't know if anyone else saw this but the ESPN Boston experts have their picks in the for the game. They have 6 people's picks listed, the accuscore number and a general number for all of their experts.

All 12 of their experts have picked the Pats to win. Fair enough, most people here, including myself, are anticipating a Pats win.
    Accuscore has Pats by 12 points. Fair enough.
    The 6 people they showed all have the Pats winning by at least 13 points or more all the way up to Pats winning by 21 points, most are closer to the two TD mark. That just pisses me off. Now I really hope we cram it down their throats.

I know it's the media and not the team or even the fans (who seem a little more inclined to think a loss or at least a close game is possible) but still. The Pats have won three games this season: Broncos by 10 points, Buffalo by 24 and Titans by 21. Their three losses were from a combined 4 points to the Cards, Ravens and Seahawks.

So they have two blow out victories, one against the Titans who are terrible and the other against the Bills who we beat by 20 points and would have been by more but they got some points in garbage time and that somehow translates to them blowing us out? The only loss of 20+ points we've had so far is to the 49ers who happen to be one of the best teams in the NFL.

I am anticipating a loss unless we get a lot of luck (i.e. turnovers, key guys for them missing time from injuries, etc.) but I think we can cover the spread...but I guess we'll see. I'm sure all of these "experts" predicted they Pats would be .500 at this point :beer:

19. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

NorthernJet,

FIRST it is espn/boston what did you expect?
    2nd why get upset over it? I can see the game being tight for 3 quarters then all of a sudden the Pats just explode for 2 TDs in the 4th. making a 17-14 game all of a sudden a route. For example its 17-14 and Brady leads them down for a TD making it 24-14 with 10 minutes to go, Sanchez goes back to pass and gets strip sacked by Jones and its picked up by Cunningham and returned for a TD making it 31-14. The rest of the game is uneventful and thats the final. Does it make it a terrible game for the Jets? NO does it make it a statement game for the Pats? No (ok maybe for the 2ndary a little but overall NO.) Its a score that doesnt show how the game truly was.

The reverse could happen as well... THE LOGIC STILL APPLIES.

20. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

We don't match up well against them. The pats run d is good so I doubt this "ground and pound" that the jets aren't even good at will do anything. Best bet is to throw it at their secondary but even the jets passing game isn't good. Keller and S. Hill could bring new things to the table I hope. Another issue is even if the jets do decide to throw deep, that will give Brady more chances to get on the field and run the no huddle to gas out our D. Our outside rushers are too slow so you know Brady is going to have time here and there. Have to get good field position on special teams and no boneheaded throws by sanchez to get a good shot at winning here.