Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The offense showed promise in three of the six games with dominating performances in two of them.

The offense of system is new the WR core (is the best the Jets have had under Sanchez) is young and inexperienced. The Jets offense if they stay healthy will only get better.

Chaz- Showing he can play in this league

Hill- Will be a stud but will have ups and downs (rookie)

Kerly- Again a very good receiver but is still learning (year 2)

Keller- One of the best pass catching TE in the league when healthy

Sparano- First time OC still learning the players

What they are missing in the passing game is pass catching RB. Big problem against defenses like SF that made Rodgers check down every pass..

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Is this a TGG custom, to start a variation of "Sanchez sucks" thread with regurgitated talking points before every game?

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

IMO Sanchez has only had ONE bad year --2011 ... and alot more than the QB was terrible that year.

In 2009 he came out of college with very little experience and started from day one. He performed the way a rookie should perform. What exactly did people expect him to do that year?? I have no problem with what he did that season.

In 2010 he lead us to 5 gut-check wins and damn near brought us back from 24-0 in the AFCCG. He still made some stupid mistakes, but things seemed to be moving in the right direction. No problem with that season either.

So he's had one disappointing season ... and even then, he still accounted for 32 TD's.

He hasn't been a terrible QB. He's been mediocre.

There's a difference between excuses and reasons. There's no doubt the injuries in the passing game, and 2.5 ypa in the running game have been huge factors this season ... Unfortunately he's been part of the problem, and not part of the solution, but it looks like the parts around him are finally starting to come together. I'll give him a few more games this year before I start freaking out.

#243 truthbtold, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  4. tubby

tubby Active Member

Not saying I disagree with Sanchez being bad, but ESPN will literally do anything to try and get Tebow to start for the Jets.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

overthrow/underthrow - is there a stat for bad route/good route? Dropped balls? Amount of passes thrown to running backs/screen passes behind the line of scrimmage?

They Jets just don't do that -- they take away 15 - 20 completions from him just by not using the screen or running back in the passing game. Not to mention changing his offensive weapon every season. They talk about Alex Smith having 7 OC, but you take away a running back, OL, and receivers every season it is hard to develop real chemistry.

6. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

[​IMG]

Excuses can be made, but when every possible way of charting quarterback performance looks poor for him, it's tough.

Counting dropped passes as catches, and not counting batted balls against, both significant things with this team, he's STILL the least accurate passer in the league.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Usually on the road to a Super Bowl the QB has to step up when the Defense or others around him have a bad day. Sanchez will never do that. It has to be 90% and sunny with everything perfect for him to have a chance to win.

8. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Sad thing is Mc Elroy is probably the best QB on the Roster.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez has played well in the playoffs. That's probably the biggest reason it's hard for me to completely give up on him.

And I know he's played poorly this year against good defenses.

10. TheGreenCantona

so what do you do, just decide that Sanchez is legit.

Stats are always difficult but it is not like he is there or thereabout, he is dead last!

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

He was horrible his rookie year, compare it to other recent rookies like flacco or ryan. Or RG3

2010 was a big improvement, 2011 was a slight improvement if you look at the numbers.

He has been really bad this year. Overall he is an average to below average QB with his main issues being accuracy and avoidable turnovers.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

These stats are bullshit. Overthrown passes and underthrown passes are a stat now? How about the fact that our receivers have no idea what the hell they are doing outside of Kerley. Stephen Hill I love his potential but and he has been better than the 3 and 4 but my god. Its like no one knows where to go. Gates, Jason Hill, and Cumberland are always out of position and break their routes in the wrong direction or not sharply enough or too sharply all the time. There was one play I think 2 weeks ago where Schillenz is throwing his arms up in the air before the play because he had no idea what to do.

If they were going to get rid of Sanchez then they would have done it already.

13. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

OUCH. Sanchez is gonna need some neosporin with that burn.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

absolutely, he's had some really bad moments and has had a bad year so far.

you don't win playoff games consistently w/ poor QB play, he wasn't THE reason but he was A reason we won 4 road playoff games.

I use my eyes and I have seen him come through more often than not especially in big moments and playof games.

I will always take lesser individual #s as long as he is helping the team win.

he had 3-4 horrible games that skewed his #s, overall he had a good rookie year.

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

In his own Trent Dilferish way....

16. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

shut up dood. so negative. THAT'S MY QB, MAN.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez has had little support this season and he's done about as little with that as you can.

It's hard to defend him at this point because even though he's mostly playing with chumps he's still playing pretty badly despite that. I think unless you're one of the top tier QB's in this league, which Sanchez clearly is not, the context you play in will often define your performance. At that point it's up to you to make the highlights better not worse.

I think it's a forgone conclusion at this point that the Jets are moving on from Sanchez. It's an unfortunate event because it means the Jets are likely not going to be a serious contender for a number of years now. It takes time to find and develop your QB and even then you might fuck it up the way the Jets fucked up Sanchez.

The hope is that Woody is getting an eyeful at this point and that the Tebow disaster is going to really open his eyes to what went wrong in the building of this team. Luck is the residue of design but so is success.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

For all you of you bitching and moaning on how bad Sanchez is (probably the same crowd that hated Pennington) The fact of the matter is we are 3-3 and on top of our division not 0-6.

Sanchez will get the rest of the season to prove himself if he fails he will be gone soon enough.

I want to know if he does well the rest of the season does he get a pass from you?

If the Jets lose but Mark stats are great does he get a pass from you?

Or is your mind already made-up no matter what Sanchez does he is bust and he should be traded or cut?

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't see the part where I mentioned I considered Sanchez below average.

ANd I'm talking about more than just the talent around him.

Not having a competent back-up to push him his first 3 years? And when they do bring in someone, it's America's favorite Christian son. Changing his receivers every year? Is that the way to develop a young QB?

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Evidence is cumulative. Sanchez may have been making strides the last few years or he may not. It's easy in retrospect to see how the additions of Holmes and LT for 2010 may have been responsible for the big steps that Sanchez took that year. Having Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery and Keller around with LT was a pretty amazing talent boost for any QB.

No, there wasn't a superstar in that bunch but everybody could do the job no questions asked. So Sanchez stepped up from his chaotic rookie season and looked pretty stable for long stretches. He played really well when those guys were all on the field.

Then 2011 you lose Edwards and Cotchery and he barely progresses at all.

Then 2012 you lose LT, Keller and then Holmes and he looks like a walking disaster area.

Context is important. But the QB has to be minimally competent when throwing to anybody and Sanchez has not met that test more often than not this year.

I said in the last post that it was unfortunate that the Jets would have to spend a few years finding a QB now. Well, if what they have around the QB on the field is the best they can do then it's not really unfortunate. It's a necessary interval to go find one of the greatest QB's of all-time because that's what it's going to take to win a Super Bowl with Mike Tannenbaum and Terry Bradway providing the talent level that they do on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.