Attention Denver Broncos Front Office

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bill Belichdouche, Oct 15, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I distinctly remember Skip saying that Denver's defense was terrible with Tebow and Tebow was the reason they won games. NOW this was against Stephen A Smith so he is ultra all Tebow stance might be to counter Smith's ultra no Tebow stance. But he still said that the defense didn't help Tebow. That's incorrect. Skip trolls hard.

The problem is if a QB doesn't perform well in practice, what can you judge them on? If a player is performing poorly in practice against their competition at their position, it isn't fair to start them over their counterpart who is playing better. You need a reason do it, like the starter is underperforming, hurt, broke rules, etc. Because if you start one guy over the other even though one guy is worse in practice, does that affect other teammates? What happens to the guy in a less popular position who thinks they haven't been given enough playing time but this one guy gets a start and a chance even though they haven't outplayed their counterpart.

IT's a tough thing to do. Being a great practice player would benefit Tebow in the long run

2. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yes, I agree with you. It's quite the Catch-22. It would be crazy to put the backup in if the starter is doing great and doing great in practice as well. I thought the mix of Tebow and Sanchez in the past two games is a major improvement over the weird disruptive plays they were running before. I hate the Pats - that precedes my Jets fandomship by a thousand years - so I hope we break Brady ... or at least make it a close game.

3. Slap

Slap New Member

For the pagans who are present:

Mathew 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."

I consider dog a compliment. I have no quarrel with swine, which is the primary reason I gave up eating them.

15 years of catholic school is a whole lot of brainwashing. My belated condolences. I was raised catholic, too. Thankfully, a few months of catechism class was all I had to endure. The story of Abraham and Isaac was the deal breaker for me.

What turned you away?

4. TTTTebowAndTheJets

15 years of catholic school!!! :p

I reached an age where logic and reason took over.

5. catfish

catfish New Member

can have logic and reason and still be religious, just requires thinking for yourself a bit. I have no gripe with atheists, I chose to believe what I believe, and basically have a whatever makes you happy outlook on life. I don't understand how worked up some people get over religion. On both sides of the fence of course

6. Slap

Slap New Member

Atheists get worked up seeing religious conservatives influencing laws in this country to suit their patriarchalism agenda. We get tired of seeing people like that asshole David Barton inventing phony quotes out of whole cloth and inserting them into the mouths of the founding fathers. We want to vomit when we see right wing religious activists infiltrate school boards and shove their creationist nonsense into science classrooms as America's academic standing among other countries falls lower year after year.

Religious people get worked up because they've had things all their own way for years and they liked it that way. If secular morality hadn't dragged religion into the modern era, kicking and screaming the whole way, they would have been happy to continue imprisoning or executing non-believers just as they did for centuries.

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I preferred it when I disagreed with everything you said :p

I have NO issue with religion and people having their own beliefs, but as a libertarian, when those beliefs are pushed on me...ESPECIALLY through the government...THAT'S when I have an issue. Ok, let's get this thread back on track. You think Tebow sucks and I think he's awesome......discuss!

8. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Very well put, but there are far more sinister reasons for people to not only get worked up about religion, but to flat out detest it. However, that's a discussion for another time and place.

9. TTTTebowAndTheJets

And though I may share VERY similar views on religion as you and slap, I don't let it affect my view of Tebow as a football player. You obviously let your anti religious bias drive your hate for Tebow beyond someone who just believes he's a crapy QB.... Why else would you follow him to a Jets message board just to hate on him and people who like him.... Obviously people who like Tebow are not all religious bible thumpers and they may just happen to like him for how he plays the game (me for example).

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I personally could give a crap what religion anyone is.

I made this list below (quickly) could have kept going and going and going. Tebow is hardly the only QB (much less player) who is an open and devout christian in the NFL. The only reason its a big deal with tebow is because of the T-haters and the media.

here is proof:

Peyton Manning (being christian is more important than football)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgRF82GXCM

Sam Bradford (football is second, the lord most important thing )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXZTfNSJoP8

Phillip Rivers (I am catholic)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rwNP2jfI_E

Drew Brees (strong in his christian faith, on faith and football)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0buCfbFuHw

Aaron rodgers on being a chrsitian

http://www.athletesinaction.org/news/post/Aaron-Rodgers-Leader-of-the-Pack.aspx

11. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I'm guessing you'd view me as "religious."

I rarely get worked up about stuff, except ignorance – both the kind you describe in your first paragraph, and the kind you display in your second paragraph.

12. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Bailed Manning out of... what exactly? Special teams fumbled twice inside their own 2, giving them 10 points. The pick 6 came when WR Willis wasn't on the same page.

Manning wasn't the problem. Defense was awesome, Manning was awesome, decker would have been had he been able to avoid that tackle from a blade of grass.

...and Manning still got 3 TDs. 21 points... which alone would have won all but 2 of the games we won last year by about 7 or 8 points.

...yet you guys still want to give credit for a decent season on the guy who spent most of the time throwing dirt missiles and showed up with 5 minutes left last year while the rest of the team kept themselves in the game.

You Tebowners never cease to amaze me.

13. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Yep. But as some have pointed out, the secular progressives can be just as bad.

Tebow does get a lot of criticism for him being so open about his religion. ...and no doubt that is why some resent him. But that is also why he has such a big fanbase, so it does work both ways.

But I do think it is extremely weak whenever someone criticizes his play, and someone breaks out the "you hate him because of his religion" card. ...and some of his fans HAVE gone to that card.

Tebowmaniacs really need to stop taking criticism of his game as some sort of a personal attack. But that is what happens when people are too emotionally invested in someone. Never understood the fascination with him to begin with.

14. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I believe you made this claim before and I called you out on it, didn't I ?

15. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Yep. Let's all agree that a lot of folks don't like Tebow for reasons that have nothing to do with his religious stance.

And let's not kid ourselves that just as some people's admiration of Tebow is driven by religion, a lot of folks also exhibit a severe anti-religious bias in their comments regarding his worthiness to be an NFL QB.

16. phaytal

phaytal New Member

How about you read about 5 posts up from your post. That card was pulled that recently:

17. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

I agree for the most part. You're post is nicely diplomatic.

Demo - you sure did. I remember :)

18. Slap

Slap New Member

Turn off ESPN and read some history books.

19. Slap

Slap New Member

I guess the major difference is that those guys are all NFL caliber quarterbacks. Also, they don't whip their shirts off in the rain in front of the cameras like Spandex boy.

20. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Sheesh I leave you guys alone for a few hours and look what happens to this thread. Please get back to insulting each other.

BTW Slap - I had photos just like your avatar. Tucker and Coco - then Coco and Piper. All gone now. :( If I could get rid of these hand-me-downs I could get me another real dog.