Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

JaMarcus Russell

Heres an intresting stat for ya,the last starting QB in the NFL to complete less then 50% of his passess before Sanchez was ...........Jarmarcus Russell,there you have it folks.....what does this mean?? i have no idea if it means anything but it is intresting considering Rusell was a num 1 pick in the draft and he is now on the couch on Sundays........ discuss

#201 LongIslandBlitz, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

To be clear - it was a stat related to the first five games of the season. Of course the last four games are worse but who's counting. :)

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

ESPN Stats & Information RIP Mark Sanchez

Those of you who care about Mark Sanchez because he's cute or because you like USC, beware. You may not like this. We're Jets fans.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...ez-do-stats-indicate-chiefs-jets-need-new-qbs

• Sanchez is currently the only qualified quarterback in the league to have a sub-50.0 completion percentage.

• A quarterback's Points Above Average figure measures the number of points contributed by a quarterback over the season, accounting for QBR and how much he plays, above the level of an average quarterback. A 50.0 Total QBR is the league average.

• So how badly is Sanchez performing? Since the start of the 2008 season, no quarterback has cost his team more net points than Sanchez, if replaced by a league-average quarterback. Sanchez has been worth minus-75.0 points to the Jets over the course of his career -- worse than JaMarcus Russell, Derek Anderson, Jimmy Clausen, et al.

• Sanchez has overthrown or underthrown 47 passes this season, or 26.6 percent of his total attempts -- the highest percentage of any qualified quarterback. -- My favorite because it takes away the arguments of "BUT, BUT, BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE AN ALL-STAR GROUP AROUND HIM!!!!"

• Sanchez is completing only 47.6 percent of his passes thrown five yards or fewer downfield this season, easily the worst in the league. The next-lowest figure belongs to Josh Freeman, who has completed 58.6 percent of his short throws.

• Mark Sanchez, Total QBR by Season, 2009-12:
    2009: 31.6 -- 26th in NFL
    2010: 48.0 -- 18th in NFL
    2011: 33.6 -- 30th in NFL
    2012: 33.2 -- 31st in NFL

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the overthrow/underthrow stuff is subjective and we all know total QBR is pure nonsense. Just a made up stat only discussed on espn.

5. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

You've never used QBR in a football discussion before? I have, and it makes me look like a genius.

6. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter, he is what he is and he's ours like it or not.

7. nyjunc

I don't judge based on regular QB ratings which most fans do and I certainly don't take anything out of the new Total QBR nonsense espn promotes.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/tag/_/name/total-quarterback-rating

9. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

I don't see what the issue is. QBR overweights efficiency and mistake-free decision making. Isn't that what you want your QB to be all about? Or do you want another Brett Favre who throws for a shitload of interceptions to go along with the touchdowns?

10. nyjunc

it is a subjective stat.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Stats are like polls, they don't tell the whole story.

12. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

And how is standard QB rating (or any other indicator of performance) any less subjective? All stats are essentially "made up" as you would call it. They are built by statisticians with inherent biases in mind for evaluating a certain aspect of a player's game. Some stats are better for evaluating efficiency, others for big play ability, and so on.

People don't like QBR because there aren't too many stats which weight conservatism and decision making so heavily. It falls outside the norm of traditional QB evaluation so automatically everybody assumes it's a stupid or meaningless statistic.

#212 jetfan1987, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We care about Sanchez because he is the starting QB for the NY Jets and the best Qb on the roster. We like Sanchez because he has a record of 31-23 as well as four playoffs wins.

The Tebow argument is that he just wins well Mark wins more so why would we replace him when there is not something better to replace him with.

Mark has played two great games this year a couple of stinkers and come from behind TD pass victory. He has faced some of the toughest defenses in the NFL and was without the majority of his weapons so his numbers are skewed a bit.

This is not an excuse he needs to play better against the good defenses but so does the rest of the team.

Give the kid a break he is coming off of a great game (has the majority of his weapons back) lets see if he can continue the success.

What I can't understand is why any fan would be wanting him to fail especially in the middle of the season.

14. Classyy61

Classyy61 New Member

can't agree more with cval!

15. nyjunc

I am not a fan of regular QBR either but there is a black and white formula for regular QBR. I think reg QBR and all the categories of stats tell part of the story but not all of it. There are plenty of "great" stat Qbs that can't perfrom in big games/moments which sanchez has proven he can do.

16. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Yup, Sanchez sucks. Can't believe people actually still believe in this guy...and I was a HUGE supporter of his.

17. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

57% to 56% - hardly a ringing endorsement since Tebow has only started 16 games and three of those were his rookie year. Sanchez is into his 4th full season with the same team and coaches (except for you know who this year). I would hope for more from Sanchez.

Tebow trashed the best pass defense in the NFL last year passing the ball in a playoff game. He looked pretty bad in other games some wins some loses.

This I agree with and the rest was just to factually respond to your opinions.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

@junc how is a overthrown/underthrown pass considered 'subjective'

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Because you might say a pass is overthrown while junc might say the receiver should have brought a ladder with him so he could climb up and catch teh ball. Thus, its subjective.

20. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

It's not. Sanchez is a terrible quarterback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.