Greene Rejuvenated?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 17, 2012.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Well find out come Sunday. The pats run d is really good, if he can beast it up then he's back but it most likely was just a product of the colts run d being shit.

2. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

the longer the season goes the more Greene becomes a value to us because nobody wants to tackle a bowling back when they nursing an injury

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Or no one needs to tackle a bowling ball if that bowling ball is injured himself.

4. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

What everybody keeps forgetting here is that the Jets O-line switched blocking schemes from a zone blocking scheme to a man blocking scheme. The transition also affects the RB because in a zone blocking scheme he's supposed to pick the hole and in a run blocking scheme he's supposed to run to a designated hole. It looks to me like 2 different things happened - (a) the line is getting better at the new man blocking scheme and (b) greene is adjusting to the man blocking scheme now and is more comfortable ignoring where the hole is supposed to be and looking for his own hole. Let's hope the trend continues.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

another factor is the Colts played crappy run D.

I was thrilled by Greene's game, don't get me wrong. But how much was due to lousy play by the Colts? We'll know more when the Jets play NE and Miami, which both have good run D's.

6. JetD

JetD Member

I've been a Greene supporter from the get go. Loved the game he had against the Colts. I do believe the run blocking scheme had alot to do with his success. No way do i think he turned it on because of contract year shit, and whatever else some people think. Block the guy in front of you like your supposed to do, open the hole or crack, give him a seam, and he will hit it with athourity and get the most out of it.....the man can be a fucking chain mover!....and thats what we need!...Period.......block your man, hit the hole, move the chains, and get some points.......pretty freakin simple...........So lets knock Brady on his ass more than once or twice and take this fucking game and STAND THE FUCK UP FOR ONCE AND ALL.....bout time we shut up all the media and network assholes......Hey Rex.....are we JETS are not?

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Some of it was also his head was up. Maybe he was more confident because he got it going quick against IND because of their bad run D, but he had his head up a lot which was new.