Attention Denver Broncos Front Office

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Bill Belichdouche, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Agreed. It was much worse. Criminal in fact. Philip Rivers should not be allowed to have arms in the 4th quarter.

2. phaytal

phaytal New Member

The four picks definitely made up for the 3 turnovers we had in the first half. Our D played lights out. None of that is the point.

Diddy tried to compare the Chicago game to last night's game. They aren't even in the same galaxy. Tebow managed 7 points in 59 minutes, and with one minute left, Marion Barber gift wrapped our Special Teams a 59 yard field goal to send it to overtime, by running out of bounds and stopping the clock. Where again in overtime, Marion Barber gift wrapped our Special Teams a 51 yard bomb to win the game.

That is a far cry from Manning and the defense did in the second half last night. It was a great team comeback.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Sorry, I think it's worse when the QB throws an INT on every possession.

Denver DST had 4 INTs, 2 fumble recoveries, and 2 scoring TDs. I don't think Tebow ever had that kind of help last season in any game.

#63 Backup QB, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

So was every comeback the Broncos had last year, it was a great team comebackm yet the Media made it all about Tebow, now they are making all about Manning, or Turner and Rivers ineptitude at the end of the game.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Did you ever think that Peyton Manning's "intangibles" inspired the defense to play better last night?

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Yes, they did because he is a HOF QB.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yes, I did.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Big time. That team is never out of it. You know with Peyton Manning at the helm that a 24-0 deficit is not insurmountable, and I think the defense played its best football in the second half. A lot of teams get down that much and then just phone it in -- but with Peyton at the helm you believe if you can just keep playing hard, you'll be in it at the end.

Good example. The commentators observed this as well.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Right Tebow throwing for 191 yards in last 8 minutes going 18 of 24 and scoring a TD and getting the drive that scored Praeter's kicks (twice) had nothing to do with it. Tebow has absolutely nothing to with it. No credit whatsoever , not even partial.

(sigh)

#69 CowboysFan, Oct 16, 2012
  10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Way to completely exaggerate what actually happened. Tebow managed to score 0 points in the first 57 minutes of the game. 0 fucking points. The Bears, for whatever reason, decided to move to a soft prevent, and let Tebow walk down the field.

The facts is, after the Barber out-of-bounds debacle, and the Bears punt, he only moved the ball 39 yards, in the final 2:09, to the Bears 41, and Prater knocked down a 59 yard Prater bomb to tie the game. Then in overtime, after the defense forced a fumble, and with all the time in the world, he only managed to move the ball 33 yards, and Prater saved the day, again, with a 51 yard field goal.

It's like your delusion is so engrained in your memory that you actually think it is real. Reality is over here, my friend.

#70 phaytal, Oct 16, 2012
  11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You forgot to mention the 60 yard TD bomb that went right through "Drop"arius Thomas' hands earlier in the game . If he catches that pass no 4th quarter heorics are needed. So if you say Barber was a lucky break then Thomas dropping the TD was a lucky break the other way. you can not have one and not the other.

you also forgot to mention denver went to a spread option in the 4th not just the prevent on defense but McCoy let Tebow throw!

Phaytal who got prater in position to kick the magical field goals ...Prater threw it to himself? did Broncos direct snap it to Praeter down the field ?

The stats are real , Tebow had 191 yards passing in a half a quarter in the 4th and the beginning of overtime . not the 80 you mention and I also love how defenses suddenly "let Tebow walk down the field" LOL you are such an ass clown. Oh and you conveniently left out the Tebow's TD pass LOL

you are the one being delusional. Its astounding the hoops you jump through to give Tebow zero credit. Trust me I never want you to leave here, you are super entertaining...like a court jester

here is an excerpt from an article from the Denver post of the game in question

DENVER POST:
    In the fourth quarter and overtime, Tebow completed 18-of-24 passes for 191 yards and a touchdown.
    Tebow took over a team that was 4-12 last year, 1-4 this season, and has since led them to a 7-1 record. He is on the brink of leading the Broncos to their first playoff appearance in six years.
    "There's no one else I'd rather have the ball in his hands when it counts," Broncos linebacker Von Miller said.

Read more: Broncos, Tim Tebow rally late, again, to beat Chicago Bears 13-10 in OT - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19526117#ixzz29VrCSnaZ
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

#71 CowboysFan, Oct 16, 2012
  12. Slap

Slap New Member

And then Tebow led the Broncos to three straight losses to end the season. One win would have sealed the division, instead they needed help to back into the playoffs, because in week 17, at home, Tebow went 6-22 for 60 yards against a garbage Kansas City team.

And, yes, Von Miller is a great teammate.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Cool. Nick Mangold said there is nobody else he would rather have at QB than Sanchez. Woop-de-do.

And guess what QBs get too much credit and too much blame every single time. You can play the what if game all you want, but you need some luck to make a comeback like this. The Broncos had some bad luck in the first half, it came back to favor them in the second half. It is what it is. Guess what, that last statement could describe the Broncos' last night or last year. People who dislike the media strom around him or Tebow himself, talk in absolutes and say it is all luck. People who like the media storm around him or Tebow himself, talk in absolutes and say he imprvoed their offense and "willed" the team to win.

It is and was somewhere in between.

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, I think that cost him a opportunity to be the starting QB right there.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Try to keep up slap. we are talking about one specific game as far as his entire record it was

8-5 as a starter , he hlepd the team get there ,which triggered manning showing up.

If broncos go on orton auto pilot and end up 4-12 manning would never have gone there.

Orton , defense, special teams = crap season (any combination)

Tebow, defense= crap season

Tebow , special team = crap season

Tebow, defense, special teams = turn around

#75 CowboysFan, Oct 16, 2012
  16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You are wrong, elway wanted luck and when Tebow,defense and kicking game wrecked it , elway was going to find another solution besides Tebow.

He was not part of the front office that brought tebow in, he did not want tebow from the get go.

17. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Excellent post, CowboysFan. It was obvious that McCoy and Knox never turned Tebow loose until the 4th quarter when there was nothing to lose. And whew, Tebow played great and Tebow played crappy. Pretty much like any rookie QB. You and I and the 11 other Tebow fans on the board have never given all the praise to Tebow. I can't say the same for the few obsessed Denver trolls who post here and give Tebow no credit. Sad lonely delusional obsessed little ass clowns.

18. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Exactly. I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB so poorly nurtured and cultivated, even trading away the best receiver on the team.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

hahaha. This thread didn't exactly go according to plan, now did it? Rivers blows. Manning is still god. When it was 24-0, I said to my friend that if anybody can lose this game, the Chargers can. It wasn't even all Peyton Manning. Rivers choked on a fat one last night. Epic collapse.

20. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I actually find it comical that the haters almost wet themselves to take a jab at Tebow. The thought of comparing in any way Tebow to Manning is also comical. It says a lot that you take joy in bashing Tebow because Manning plays lights out. Really? Manning might be the best and certainly one of the best QBs that has played in the NFL. Manning is about the only QB I would take to attempt a 24 point comeback - in all of football.