Worse for Sanchez Tebow or McElroy?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Potzer, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Potzer

Potzer New Member

@HubbuchNYP

This can't bode well for Tebow. RT @BrianCoz: QB Kevin O'Connell was the only visit today from a free agent, according to a source.

Does it mean anything at all?
    Wiki says he's a running QB. (can't say I remember him at all)

If they were considering going all in with Tebow, they would definitely want another running type qb on the roster.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Maybe they're considering moving him to RB/Brad Smith II full time? Could mean more playing time for him - which wouldn't be bad.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

O'Connell used to play on the Pats then we got him and made him a captain for a Pats game. He also had short stays in MIA and SD after he left us.

Interesting

4. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Potzer I do not understand why you are saying it can not bode well for Tebow.

#4 CowboysFan, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  5. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

Or Rex and Sparano switch to spread option with Tebow and Hill and then cut the Sanchez cap fat next year. Need a backup running QB. With the O line being what it is unless this guy is Tebow size he's gunna get smashed up. Or they cut Tebow for this guy and Bellicheck picks Tim up and uses him to haunt Rex.

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

We plucked him off the Pats when he was cut by them after being one of Brady's overrated backups for a while. He may be an upgrade to McElroy but that's about it. If this negatively affects any player it's Tebow, signaling that the Jets are considering an alternative to Tebow and McElroy if Sanchez continues to struggle

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They are only ever going to have two active QBs so it can only be bad for McElroy.

8. VanderbiltJets

-$4.3 million in dead money on top of the $12.8 due to Sanchez cutting him sounds like a fantastic idea why not do it today so we can lose a few extra mil? You didn't even mention the most realistic QB cut (McElroy).

9. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

Lol, I didn't want to disappoint all the McElrites. Man I don't know what compelled them to give him that money.

10. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

Potzer didn't say that. He's quoting a tweet from Bart Hubbuch (NY Post reporter), who believes that Tebow is a Jet because Woody wants him here and Rex has no use for him. He probably thinks that an addition of another QB means Tebow might get traded or that it's a backup for McElroy who is the real #2 QB.

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Occam's razor has it at him being a back up for the current back up (running QB), so if they have to cut bait with Sanchez Tebow has a back up and the team can focus on a low turn over run first offense.

Or maybe its just that the guy runs a 4.61 40 at 6' 4" 230

#11 CowboysFan, Oct 16, 2012
  12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If the Jets go out and get running QB it has a higher chance of it being for the purpose of finding a QB to back up tebow in a run first offense than it does the jets cutting Tebow.

and listen who in their right mind would trade a punt protector that has accumulated 3 fake punt successes in 6 games...I mean really. Tebow getting traded is a non existent scenario, Hubbuch sounds mentally deficient.

#12 CowboysFan, Oct 16, 2012
  13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Everyone gets worked out, probably nothing to see here. If Tebow gets cut during the season it will be a PR nightmare! O'Connell isn't any good, there is a reason he was cut many times. If I was O'Connell I will try to get a job in KC or Zona.

14. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

If he indeed did visit, its just as a consultant for the Pats game. That's pretty much it.

15. VanderbiltJets

If we "cut bait" with Sanchez he'd be demoted but not to third.. Why would the Jets need two QBs that can run? How does Tebow's playing style necessitate a back-up that can also run? For continuity? Isn't it too late into the season for continuity if we're already (theoretically) making one QB change.

16. catfish

catfish New Member

Playing Devils advocate, if Tebow is indeed nursing a back injury this could be insurance

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

How about he just came in to consult for pat's game like cervez said .... that's actually the most likely explanation

18. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

Saw Sanchez stretching his back the same way when Tebow went in during the 49ers game. I think they were just trying to stay loose. I use to stretch all the time when the offense was in just to stay flexable/ loose.

19. VanderbiltJets

What insight into their gameplan or playbook would he have to offer that we didn't already get in 2009/2010?

20. Clovis

Clovis New Member

And the Pats most explosive set of plays is now the hurry up....which is being used differently now. I am already having nightmares of the Pats running 85+ offensive plays against us