Anyone else think we should completely change our offense?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by MURDR, Oct 16, 2012.

1. MURDR

MURDR Banned

I mean, forget about last game, our offense has obviously not been working.

We haven't really been proficient on either side of the ball, but I still think we'd be a great running team, so much so that I honestly think we should switch to an option offense.

We have the run blocking OL, we have the blocking TEs (Cumberland, and Reuland has done a pretty good job), we have a great blocking WR who came from an option offense (Hill), we have a power runningback (Greene), and we have a good option QB (Tebow).

With Holmes out for the season and Sanchez sucking, I don't think it could hurt.

Imagine a triple option with Tebow, McKnight, and Greene. Would give defenses nightmares, IMO.

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This is just another attempt to get Tebow in at QB.

NO

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Not to mention our offense has been very good in 2 out of the 3 games that weren't against a top 5 defense. Granted, we have to do better against those defenses if we want to make any noise in the playoffs, but we have a lot of time to gel before then if we even sniff the playoffs.

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

How is this guy still posting this drivel?

5. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Why was this moved? I don't even like Tebow and this thread isn't about Tebow. I was just wondering if I was the only one who thought our team was suited for the option offense?

A good coach NEVER forces their scheme on players, they adjust their scheme to fit their players. The option offense fits the majority of our players, while our current offense does not. The option CAN work in the NFL.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's a thread about changing the offense to a triple option with Tebow at QB. How is it not about Tebow?

7. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Fwiw, I don't think the triple option is the right route to go either.

It *could* work. However its a de-volution of offenses.

The spread option is a better choice as you can get elements of the triple option, while still having a complicated spread passing game.

PS your avatar is awesome.

8. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Let's change our offense mid season going into the biggest game of the year.

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Wait...what? A blocking OL? blocking TE's? Power runningback? If we had any of that we wouldn't need to change anything.

10. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Like Tim or not, accepting that Tim could help the Jets, and putting that opinion in an OP in the main forum, is heresy and gets your thread exiled to the Promised Forum. However, there is an up side.

The up side is we can have a legitmate conversation about your proposition here, assuming we can overcome the predictable distraction of Tim and Tim fan antagonists, as is evidenced by the comments made by Burnz, LongTime, and Fozzi58,,,,,so far.

Refer; your proposition, I think your take on the condition of the Jets is accurate and your suggestion of using the spread option offense more is exactly what would help the Jets get more Ws than Ls.

More specifically, Mark running a spread option probably isn't the best way to use Mark, BUT using Tim more by giving him a series here and there for running the spread option is exactly what I think would make the Jets a much bigger offensive threat.

Just imagine how offensively effective the Jets could be if a Tim run spread option is established as a serious threat and Mark and Tim are in the backfield at the same time. Our opponents wouldn't know whether to shit or go blind.

#10 Remarker, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I was watching Gladiator yesterday. My favorite part was when Marcus Aurelius was speaking to Maximus and said...

""There was once a dream that a Tebow thread would be allowed to remain in the Jets main forum, you could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish. It was so fragile and I fear that it will not survive the winter."

12. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Just wondering, was he really banned for this post? I hope to god it was because of another post...

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It probably had more to do with being a massive tool in general.

14. TTTTebowAndTheJets

That doesn't stop people like phaytal

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

A thread that wants to change to a triple option with Tebow running it and it's a shocker it's in the Tebow forum?

I would think changing to an offense that these players probably haven't run in years or ever in the middle of the year right against our biggest game of the year currently is a bad idea. Why would you want to change the offense right now also? It finally clicked. I don't care how bad the defensive team we were playing, we went 5-5 for TDs in the Red Zone. Let's stay still a little bit.