Bench Sanchez and play Tebow. Yeah I said it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NJJ_Jersey_Jets, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

You sure do give the appearance of harboring these sentiments, though if you say you don't I take it for face-value.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I only responded because the Tebowites (in the most over-the-top way) gave you credit for what is actually a failure to make an argument. I'm arguing for more, not less, engagement in Tebowmania. Logical fallacies are never acceptable in an argument unless you're trolling, and trolling isn't praise-worthy.

Plus complementing yourself with a GIF puts a target on your post.

#162 VanderbiltJets, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  3. VanderbiltJets

I wouldn't take it out on Tebow/Tebow fan's I'd talk shit to any one of the UF fans I know that actually deserve it

4. VanderbiltJets

5. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yes.

Maybe you also hate former Gator QBs.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Your post vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.

My points were salient, but you are entitled to your opinion. There were no logical fallacies in my response, nor did I fail to make an argument. Disagree with my statements if you want, but what you just stated is an inaccurate criticism. You are not the sole arbiter of what is logical and what is not in this forum. Perhaps, you would do well to look at your own posts and spot out the numerous times you bloviate in order to whip your target into submission... not by any substantial reasoning power, but by wearing them down with such a vast amount of references to concepts or details that a layman would have to research in order to properly respond. It is a fatiguing, time-consuming war of attrition that most people do not have the time and patience for. An effective strategy, I might add. Not elegant, but effective.

It seems to bother you that two or three people liked my comments. In contrast, to you, however... I don't always agree with the excessive praise you receive for your oftentimes overstated brilliance. However, I do not respond merely due to the praise you may have received. If I choose to respond to you, it is because I disagree with your argument.

#166 Backup QB, Oct 16, 2012
  7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

You're bringing the heat today buddy... Lovin it!

8. VanderbiltJets

You can't infer others' opinions

9. VanderbiltJets

I'm more bothered by a lack of cohesion as opposed to a lack of correctness. Praise doesn't matter for the recipient, it only matters for the audience. You have written some praise-worthy posts that weren't praised, and that disappoints me just as much.

For the record, anyone that seeks the gratification and approval of others is pathetic.

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I tried my best to lay it out in a logical sequence. Apparently, I need to work on my sub-bulleting proficiency in order to meet your lofty standard of posting excellence. Point taken.

I agree with you that seeking gratification and/or approval of others is not a redeeming quality, though I would argue that every person does it to some extent. If it controls your life, however, there is a problem. Striving to make your parents proud of you, for example, is not pathetic, in my opinion.

Even so, at no point did I seek out gratification or approval. You are making a very shaky analytical leap to suggest otherwise. Three posters, on their own volition, chose to agree with my comments. I have no control over that, nor is it uncommon in a message board format for members to post a comment, then receive positive or negative feedback. Being that I did not ask for aforementioned praise there is no real foundation to your inference that I was seeking it.

#170 Backup QB, Oct 16, 2012
  11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

For the record, VanderbiltJets...

I used to think I was a pretty smart guy... until I got into my higher-level studies. If at any point in my life I thought I was a genius, I was clearly put in my place by observing the sheer brilliance of some of my classmates. I have no problem admitting that it would literally take me 2-3 hours to read one page of Aristotle or Francis Bacon to fully understand it. And even after doing so, there were times I felt like I wasn't sure I fully grasped the concepts.

Some of my classmates, however, sliced and diced the readings with relative quickness. It was at that point that I truly understood what it meant to be a genius. When I first started reading your posts on this board, I thought... I may be dealing with a genius. Be that guy. I'm not understanding this recent pettiness from a guy whose knowledge-base and intelligence I have respect for.

12. VanderbiltJets

That "for the record" wasn't directed at you, I just felt it needed to be written because a lot of people on this website (and in life) seek reassurance to make themselves feel better (example: some of the trolls that antagonize Tebow fans) and it's stupid.

#172 VanderbiltJets, Oct 16, 2012
  13. VanderbiltJets

I troll on occasion

14. catfish

catfish New Member

you are better than that, keep yourself above it....also still waiting on my apology from Vandy for Skip Bayless

15. VanderbiltJets

An apology for Skip Bayless? What are you talking about?

16. catfish

catfish New Member

not only did Skip Bayless graduate from Vanderbilt University he was also inducted in to its media member hall of fame....apologize ;)

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

But I want to be 13-3 , that's why mark needs replaced. Hope, what we need is hope. Mark is hopeless. I want us to win every game. When sanchez throws the ball it is always an adventure. Consistency gives our D a rest. A rested D keeps the opponents score low. A good not great offense can score more than an opponent if they are consistent in scoring.

Indy was a breather , and yet it was a fluke. The numbers and players who played with Sanchez tell the truth. He is a 4th year QB who plays like crap. He is done, but the coaches can't see it because they see it as a personal failure if he doesn't succeed. You learn from mistakes when you see it's a mistake.

Mark was a mistake.

18. VanderbiltJets

That's a terrible coincidence. I defer to Buster Olney.

19. Slap

Slap New Member

What I take away from this thread is Backup QB has raftloads of free time on his hands.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

As opposed to a Broncos fan that runs over and joins another team's forum and obsesses over a player that he hates , not likes mind you ( that would be acceptable ) , but hates .