Sanchez Does Enough to Keep His Job

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Although Sanchez only passed for 82 yards, he had no INTS and 2 TDs. The game flow didn't require him to do much more, though. Tebow made some big plays in his opportunities, which in some ways validates how the Jets are using him. From a pure entertainment perspective, I want to see Tebow start somewhere, but it's hard at this point to make the justification for it to be with the Jets. I wanted to see him finish a goal line series, but how can you argue against what the Jets did yesterday? I don't expect that to be the type of defensive and rushing performance to expect from the Jets week in and week out, but if they can duplicate something similar, they've got a shot of doing some damage. A bigger test will be NE next week and keeping up with the high powered offense. SEA was able to pull off a win against the Pats with a similar game plan as the Jets employ, but somehow I don't see the Pats losing to the Jets.

Sanchez is safe for another 3 weeks minimum. The Jets are 3-3, which won't get the incumbent QB benched, especially considering the injuries the Jets have had.

2. Remarker

Remarker Banned

OP, I suppose you are correct when you say, "how can you argue against what the Jets did (with Tim) yesterday?", but I will. I continue to think Rex's and Tony's use of Tim is, at best, HURTIN'.

A little baby pass to a wide open reciever (who then ran straight into the only Colt defender in the middle of a wide open field) is not very impressive except maybe to Rex. Did you see him jump around when that happened?

And those totally predictable run plays someone called for Tim? Sure Tim got yards and accomplished what the Jets needed yard wise but what's special about something Tim does ANYTIME?

Unless and until Rex and/or Tony get the balls or the wisdom to give Tim a complete series (including passing) here and there, then they interfere with the Jets taking advantage of the 'best chance to win' options they have basically sitting around collecting dust. The Colts game is the 3rd chance Rex and Tony have had to give Tim a series or two without having a Jets' down side if Tim is unsuccessful. The Buffalo game (Jets' blowout) was the first and the 49er game (blownout Jets) was the second. And what if Tim had been successful? Tim being successful running series can change the complexion of a game. It's also arguable, if Tim had had a couple of successful series during the Jets' first game, and been used accordingly in other games, then the Jets 3-3 record may be more like 5-1 now.

Imagine how threatening the Jets would be if Tim had had 3 or 4 successful series, particularly if those series had ended with points.

Under that condition, whenever Tim was on the field, with or without Mark being on the field, Jets' opponents would be shitting in their soup trying to figure out what the Jets' were about to do.

If there is a game that the Jets' need every weapon available it is the upcoming Pats game. The Pats are beatable, as their record shows, but you don't beat the Pats by being predictable.

PS; Thanks for giving me a segue. Am I that predictable?

#2 Remarker, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You also don't beat the Pats by playing Tim Tebow

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

That was a LB not a WR.

5. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Err, I don't do pissing contests.

But if you feel your statement is quantifiable, then make the fucking case instead of just pissing in the wind like blow hards do.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Tebow against the Pats: 0-2

Damn that was tough

7. Remarker

Remarker Banned

There, can ya see what I posted better now?

No thanks necessary. Helping you compute what you read is my good deed for today.

#7 Remarker, Oct 15, 2012
  8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Sanchez was fine, we didn't need to pass much but when we did in the 1st half he made plays.

9. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Err, reminder; it was the Broncos against the Pats.

Tebow could never win against the Pats alone as you suggest.

Here, I'll help you understand the meaning of my using the word 'quantify'.

To quantify is the act of counting and measuring that maps human sense observations and experiences into members of some set of numbers. Quantification in this sense is fundamental to the scientific method.

Damn, this must be my day for doing good deeds for those in need. I'm tired of being the good sematarian already. I don't know how Tim does it.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Serious question, you think its possible Tebow isn't 100% healthy? We always see him on the sidelines doing some kind of deep bends at the waist, like he's trying to loosen up his lower back.

11. catfish

catfish New Member

it's possible, might just be trying to keep warm/stretched between snaps on the field too though. I think to some extent player are "hurt" to some degree or the other pretty much all season, it is only the major injuries that keep them out of the game. I heard once that one of the biggest transitions for players from college to NFL is the difference in what constitutes playing hurt

12. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

It is a reasonable question. I don't pay much attention to it because he has done it a lot in his career. But he has also played hurt quite a bit when no one let that information out. So I don't know.

13. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Stretching is a way under emphasized preparation for reducing the likelyhood of injuries. My guess is Tim knows that and is simply doing things he can do to be prepared IF his number is called.

14. catsigater

catsigater New Member

That's easy. Look up "Tim Tebow's record against N.E. Patriots."

The quantifiable part is 0-2.

When you say "you don't beat the Pats by being unpredictable" what you mean is a bad team can't beat a good team unless they are unpredictable.

A good team wins even if they are predictable by doing what they're good at.

I predict if the Jets out rush the Pats and beat them in the turnover margin and sack Brady two or more times while not allowing Sanchez to be sacked more than once, they will win the game.

#14 catsigater, Oct 15, 2012
  15. reverseapachemaster

More Tebot nonsense.

Here's your logic: Tebow is a great player and you can tell because he went 8-5 last season with a playoff win. But didn't Tebow play the Pats twice last year? Yes, but the Broncos lost twice to the Pats last season.

16. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Sanchez was indeed fine. And by fine, I mean "good enough to win given the way the offense ran the ball."

What's really interesting is the gameplan, and likely the result, would've been exactly the same had Tebow been the starting QB.

And you'd still have the Tebow haters saying how horrible he was, and his most ardent supporters saying "he's just a winner."

17. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Tebow played like dirt against the Pats, and a lot of that was due to how the Pats played Tebow.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yesterday was a game we were going to win as long as we didn't turn it over. The run game was great, we didn't need to pass. That is a perfect game for tebow. as long as we don't have to pass Tebow can be a starting QB but those games are very rare.

19. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Agreed. I happen think Tebow can become an effective passer, but that's not yet been proven.

The question is, "Can the Jets win with Sanchez when they need to pass?"

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

And a lot of it was due to how Tebow played. lol