Predict how many bonehead plays Sanchez will have

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Oct 13, 2012.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Whoa, settle down there toughguy! No need to pop a vein.

What is the most important position on a football team? The answer is QB. Do you not agree?

Let's see what happens on Sunday and then you can come up with all your hypothetical Sanchez scenarios. However if he loses and plays another bad game then what is your excuse going to be for him then? Seriously what will you say then about his play?

By the way, how do you feel Sanchez has played this year? What are all of the good attributes that you see in one of the worst QB's in the NFL currently (statistically and in game action)?

I'm curious to hear your response regarding Sanchez and not the other 44 players in this team sport.

2. JetsNation06

And Tom Brady and the Pats lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl so he must really suck and that franchise must not be any good according to your logic. A one game sample means d*ck. A prolonged body of work means everything. In this case that body of work is 5 games into this season.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He's right though.....Mark Sanchez does not play run defense or call plays or play pass coverage. He's one player and only has so much responsibility on the team.

Everybody carries their weight on a good team...that's the true meaning of a team. Some players are better than others but there's not one position that's important....every position is important.

Sanchez could have a great day but only a selective few plays will outshine the rest in the eyes of some if the team does not win.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You just contradicted yourself smart guy!!! So Sanchez losing to a rookie QB Sunday (one who beat the Packers and Rodgers) in your own words " should tell you all you need to know about this QB" but for all other QBs a one game sample means nothing.

So if Sanchez plays well and the Jets lose, what DOES that say about Sanchez????

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Talk about popping a vein, many posters on this board are popping veins left and right about Sanchez and ignoring everything else that is wrong with this team, as if Sanchez could and should fix all ills and as if a different QB would make a difference this year.

I find it hard to fairly evaluate Sanchez this year when he has been given nothing at all to work with. The running game is a complete joke. The WRs the Jets have put on the field this year and, in particular, the past few games, are also a joke. Sanchez has played without his top 2 receivers and his TE, who led the Jets in receptions last year, plus has RBs who can't catch. The receivers can't get open and there is no check down available without RBs who can catch or a TE. Add in that the defense is giving up 150 yards on the ground and that is a recipe for disaster for any team, I don't care who the QB is.

You and others who are blaming the QB for the team's performance are off base.

This team has mishandled Sanchez miserably the past two years. Last year the running game was going down hill and the pass protection was horrible. The receivers were old and slow and got no separation.

This year is worse. The running game is non existent and the receiving corps is filled with receivers who should be #3-4 and 5 on other teams, not starters. The #2 receiver, when healthy, is a rookie who came from an option offense in college and is raw.

I heard the other day that Sanchez has had Holmes, Hill, Keller, and Kerley on the field together for a total of 10 reps (not days, reps) since the beginning of training camp.

Then add in the circus that Tebow brings and this season appears set up for Sanchez to fail.

6. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

The only true bonehead play that comes to mind so far is that flip in the opener that turned into an INT.

What bonehead plays are you talking about??

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Any play that is not a completed pass for a first down is bonehead play for the Sanchez bashers. Nothing else is taken into account, such as simple things like whether anybody was open. I am not saying Sanchez is playing well and I question whether he has a future with this team, but to ignore all that has gone wrong with this team the past two years from the owner, to the GM, to the CS, to the performance of the entire team is just ignorant and stupid. This team lacks direction and the personnel sucks. Take a look at the roster and tell me who you build around going forward?

No running back, that's for sure.

Maybe Kerley and Hill at receiver because they are young and physically gifted.

Mangold should stay, and I guess Ferguson too, but the guards are pedestrian.

Keller wants a big contract and is a FA.

Holmes is a jerk and is over paid.

The linebackers all got old in a hurry and need to go except for Harris.

Revis is coming off an injury and is at the end of his contract extension. Why should the Jets pay him $12-15 million with this roster?

The safeties are all rent a players.

The DL has some young players in Ellis, Wilkerson and Coples.

That's about it. That is a barren roster.

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I hope this I your last game as a Jets fn.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes. The biggest mistake here was not finding an OC that calls to Sanchez ability...(Weiss,mc Daniels)...or having Tom Moore train someone.

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

0 fumbles
    0 INT's

I feel Sanchez will have a great game. 250+ yds, 3 TDs.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No actually its according to your logic which was that one game against Luck and the Colts will tell you everything oyu need to know about our QB and team.

You just contradicted yourself while arguing yourself :breakdance:

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

+1. Losing patience with Mark but not going to pile on and agree with opinion of LTJF. If he cant get it done this Sunday, its time to start Tebow so Woody and everyone else can get over it.

13. BleednGreen247

You mean the team that just beat the Packers at Lambo?

lulz

14. JetsNation06

Actually it was the team that just beat the Packers in Indy. Nice try tho dumbo LULZ :rofl:

15. JetsNation06

Here you go with your selective reading skills. As I said, it's Sanchez' whole body of work this year, NOT just one game against the Colts. Nice try tho:up:

Yet now that you bring it up, yes he better win this game for all the reasons I have already stated.

Otherwise this is just further proof what a loser QB he is.

16. JetsNation06

It's called sarcasm. Anyone with a brain who read my post could figure out the analogy I was making was proof that no one game could make or break a career.

Yet if you and the other posters continued to read my thread I said my statement was based on Sanchez' WHOLE body of work this year and not one game. Some of you posters on here just pick and choose what piece of text you want to use instead of using the entirety of the message. Child's play.

Did you honestly think there was truth in my statement about Tom Brady and the Pats sucking because they lost one game to the Giants? LOL I mean, c'mon, seriously.

17. JetsNation06

I agree about everyone has their share of responsibility but disagree about the importance of the QB position. Almost any NFL expert you ask would tell you that QB is the most important position on the field.

Many on this board know this but it goes against their "don't blame Sanchez" argument.

I have said numerous times on here that the Jets RBs suck, their LBs are old and slow so I'm not putting all the blame on Sanchez.

18. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

zero

he will kick ass, everyone's hopes will be up again

then in the next week i say 2 int

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No you said this (which is what I originally quoted):

"If Sanchez and the Jets can't beat a rookie QB, without their head coach, in the Jets home - that should tell you all you need to know about this QB and this team in general."

Tell me where "body of work" or "Season" or "games" or "seasons" or "years" is in that sentence? I selected to read the whole post I quoted, is that too selective? :breakdance:

Then you backtracked and said this
    "And Tom Brady and the Pats lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl so he must really suck and that franchise must not be any good according to your logic. A one game sample means d*ck. A prolonged body of work means everything. In this case that body of work is 5 games into this season."

You didn't say body of work until the second time around! :smile:

20. Capt. Ace Nick

Sanchez will play so bad it will make Pagano's cancer go into remission.