If we are soooo bad, then why are we...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Oct 11, 2012.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

giving the Colts 3.5 pts even if we are at home? We are suppose to be crap of the NFL even worse than the Browns right guys? Luck is the next coming for Manning, Brady, Brees, Montana, Young, etc and Sanchez is the worst in the league and we have no running game then why the hell are we giving the Colts 3.5 pts?

This just shows even w/ the media piling up on us, all the these injuries, etc, etc, we are still a half descent team.

Discuss

2. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Because they showed last week that the secondary is still very talented, and that they believe in each other and their coach. The giving up talk was silly. Also Donald Brown is out for Indy.

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

There's really nothing to discuss. The talent level is low, but the coaching is good enough so that the Jets will beat the teams they are supposed to beat - the weaker NFL teams. But when you put a playoff contender in front of the Jets - they are going to struggle or falter, or both.

4. RevisIsland18

yes and yes, but most of nutty jets fans still keep thinking we will not win the rest of the season, so i want to hear from them...

5. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

To get suckers to bet early then change the line closer to game time? I dunno.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why were we getting 10.5 points at home last week?

7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The reason people pile on the Jets is because we aren't that bad. An expectation has been set for this team and that has given the jets a swagger. Trolls live watching those in the limelight falter. Should this team win a championship? No but neither should have last years Giants at mid season, that's why sports are great because anything can happen, and even this Jets team ( or browns or bills or chiefs.) can still win it in February.

8. RevisIsland18

because we arent as good as the texans, but as i stated earlier people on this forum are making the jets out to be the worst team in the league yet we are not so i am trying to get valid reasoning from the naysayers as to why we are getting 3.5 pts

your response doesn't answer my question

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

As of right now, there is only one AFC team that is better than us (Bengals) that isn't a division winner. That means we're still alive for a wild card spot. BUT, we HAVE to win this Sunday.

I think we'll be fine this time next month.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

What about the Steelers and whoever comes 2nd in the west Broncos or Chargers.

11. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Indy's in for a shock this week. Keller and Hill are going to be back (I just knocked on wood), Donald Brown is going to be out, Kerley and Cromartie are playing their best ball to date, and the Jets didn't look awful against what looks to be the best team in the AFC on Monday. I like our chances.

12. ArmandJ

Steelers are still 2-2. They haven't played against the Titans yet today. For all we know, they can lose (unlikely).

As for the Broncos vs Chargers, that's going to be after we play. Whichever one wins, the Chargers will still be out front because of their two division wins.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I understand your point. What I was getting at is if you're going to use the point spread as an indication of how good/bad the Jets are then last weeks spread basically said we're one of the worst teams in the league.

Even if the Texans are better getting 10.5 at home is pretty telling. That doesn't happen to good teams.

14. jack handy

jack handy Member

Because the colt only won 2 games last year. That and they are missing

outside linebackers Dwight Freeney (ankle) and Robert Mathis (knee), inside linebacker Pat Angerer (foot), defensive end Fili Moala (knee), cornerback Vontae Davis (ankle) and backup nose tackle Martin Tevaseu (ankle), Austin Collie (WR), Brown (RB)

15. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

The home team gets 3 points by default....thats how the lines work. Vegas is pretty much saying the Jets and Colts are evenly matched with the exception that the Jets have homefield advantage.

And no one is saying the Jets are the worst team in the league....just that they have the worst QB(s?) in the league.

16. ArmandJ

We definitely do not have the worst team in the league, I can tell you that. Playing at our potential, we are average. Win a couple of upsets, we are above average (10 to 11 wins).

17. RevisIsland18

we dont have revis, holmes, hill questionable, keller questionable, pouha, eric smith, ellis

both sides have injuries

18. RevisIsland18

might not say it directly but they def hint at it...someone started a thread saying we are so bad that we should loose on purpose, keep bitching how bad our off is, how our rush def stinks, blah blah blah

19. RevisIsland18

i agree - i still believe we r gonna go 10-6 when everything said and done

20. MontrealAlouettes

We are mediocre, not bad. Should we be proud of that? All it means is lower draft picks.