Greene - 1 missed tackle in 80 touches this season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 11, 2012.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

In 80 touches this season Shonn Greene has caused exactly one missed tackle, just tweeted by ProFootballFocus.

Percy Harvin, who isn't even a running back, has forced four times as many missed tackles this season when running the ball (as in completely excluding his catches this season). We have such little explosive ability on offense.

Do we have the most pathetic offense in the league? Sanchez sucks, our receivers suck, Greene sucks. Most mediocre offenses have at least one guy that they can rely on (MJD, Trent Richardson) or who provides explosive plays. It's pretty depressing.

#1 REVISion, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Sure, just ignore the 150 yards he picked up on those carries.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A new offense is being installed. There are several key injuries. The Jets didn't do much to shore up the talent on that side of the ball before the injuries.

This is all very predictable at this point.

Greene's performance is an issue but really not any more than the overall position the offense is in. Big changes will have to be made if the Jets want to get the offense back to a really competitive level against good defenses. The kind of changes that you can't make in season and may well not be able to make in a single off-season afterwards either.

The unit has been left to rot. That always produces a bad smell before the cleanup crew comes in and makes it go away.

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

sarcasm?

/filler

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

dude Greene sucks....its clear as day...

he's not an every down back.

Are we going to excuse every individual in the unit because of the install and injuries?

in that case, does everyone get a pass? doesn't seem to make sense to me.

6. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

The stat is telling. It confirms what we already knew about Greene. I need more Powell and McKnight.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Most of the time yes. :)

Br4dw4y5ux, watching Greene run is almost painful. Yes the O-line is a problem, but Greene does very little to help himself. Powel finds a way to pick up 4-5 yards, Greene falls down on contact almost every carry. It was refreshing to see him catch a pass this week for good yardage, use him in that roll, but running is not his gig.

8. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

But hey, he's good for 3 every time.

9. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

But hey guys. Don't you know he won all those playoff games and led us to those afce title games so therefore it's everyone else's fault and he should garner little of the responsibility. I mean remember that San Diego game.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No one has ever said any of that bullshit. Nobody on this site has given Greene a break using that as an excuse.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

That might be the most pathetic stat Ive ever heard in 33 years of watching sports

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I think he's regressed this season to only being good for 1.5/2 every time
    :(

#12 REVISion, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Greene isn't do much, i'll give you that, but the offensive line doesn't open any holes, either.
    Don't misunderstand, i'm not a fan of Greene, just calling it like I see it.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Enough emphasis isn't put on this, if we had a great runninng game it would solve alot of our problems. Greene isn't the answer as a starter,if he was the number 2 back to a stud number 1 id be ok with him. We need a real running back next offseason

15. Mason

Mason New Member

Greene must be the happiest man in the world. All the attention the QB position is getting, no one is talking about his pathetic play at running back. The same goes for the offensive line and the receivers. No one's talking about their trash play because of the media contrived "QB controversy".

Your #1 running back has like three 100 yard games in his last 40 games and your #1 receiver has one 100 yard game in his last 28 games, and everyone wants to put it all on the QB for the offensive failures. Hilarious.

#15 Mason, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  16. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

RB's have an incredibly short shelf life and when the juice is gone it usually happens very suddenly. Greene has obviously hit the wall. Yes our O-line is bad but it's not THAT bad.

I think that we should obviously draft a RB next year but I am definitely not in favor of using a high draft choice on one. There is usually value in the later Rounds and there are plenty of teams who have found good to great players there.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Here's what bothers me. Greene's non-production is not all that surprising. It's not like he was a Pro Bowler last year. LT was quickly deteriorating and was being used more on passing plays last year, and Greene was not exactly picking up the slack. Yet they go into the past off season with no real replacement for LT's production, some vague talk about McKnight being improved (until camp actually opened, of course, and we then discover that Ryan is not happy with McKnight), and of course predictions that Greene will be the workhorse back.

Aside from the homers here who bought into the nonsense that Greene was up to being the featured back, there were quite a few here who expected Greene to do not much more than he has. So how come the genuises in the Jet FO did not see that Greene had this kind of season in him?

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Greene sucks which also affects our passing game, especially play action which Sanchez actually isn't too bad with. I think RB is our number one position of need and needs to be addressed in the offseason. Obviously not our only issue (receivers, aging front 7 are up there) but with a QB like Sanchez you need a strong run game.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Here's the good news:

[​IMG]

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think what's more worrisome is that Rex keeps saying he wants to be a "ground & pound" team, and neither he, nor Tanny realized we didn't have the roster for it.