Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BleednGreen247

They have one the best backs and OC's in the league :rofl:

Sancho has one of the worst backs and OC's in the league :rofl:

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I have no idea what you're talking about. Sanchez is clearly elite.

3. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Thank you both very much. I have to say that that is pretty damning in my opinion. Essentially we are league average, roughly, for dropped passes. I've gotta say that that effectively takes that away from the Sanchez excuse category. I dint know what else to say. Don't get me wrong--I want to defense him. It isn't that I'm some sort of Sanchez homer. Frankly, I've always found it disturbing how much time he put into GQ shoots and how much of a pretty boy he liked to be when it was glaringly apparent he needed every minute of work in the film room, the workout room, with his teammates, and maybe even on a counsellors couch. But at the end of the day I am a Jets fan and if he sucks it up we all suffer.... Not to mention that it also means we blew yet another really high draft pick on a loser.

Sometimes I feel like the only thing the Jets FO can pick is their noses. Maybe they can find some talent up there because they haven't had much luck looking at the college draft.

Anyway, rant aside, I just don't see what there is left of Sanchez to defend. I don't think he is an awful QB, but he is distinctly mediocre. I'm starting to wonder how we would do if we brought in some QB castoffs to challenge him and see if any might stick. Not oldies, but young players that may have a future but have been busts thus far. Maybe we can score a 21st century Vinny Testaverde?

4. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I think the Sanchez apologists look at his odd boneheaded interception and say, "well, Brett Favre threw horrible ints as well.". But there are a couple problems with thinking like this. First off, in between this boneheaded plays (and his equally boneheaded retirements) Favre was a true stud QB. The sort of guy you really do build a team around. The other problem is that, despite Favre being one of the absolutely best players EVER to play the game at QB, even his boneheaded plays could be utterly devastating. In fact, I'd argue his mistakes were devastating enough that he never repeated as a super bowl champion. This is worth noting.

So arguing that Sanchez and, say, Favre both make bonheaded plays so they must be similar is a little bit like saying Albert Einstein and a five year old must be the same because neither brush their hair. Uh, no, I don't think so.

5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Sanchez has been total dog shit for 20+ games now. It isn't just this year. Sanchez could very well be the best QB on the roster, but we won't ever know as let as we let him keep playing like dog shit and don't give the other guys a chance. If Tebow and Mcelroy play for a few games, and throw for 35% instead of Sanchez's 40%, then we can all say that maybe he is best.

I'm a fan, I've rooted for the Jets for over 25 years, through many bad season. I'm a Jet fan, not a Sanchez fan. How many more embarrassing performances to people like you have to sit through before you are willing to admit that Sanchez is worthless?

It's time to open a window.

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

:beer: :up: :beer: :up:

+1,000,000,000.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Yet the HC, The OC, and the GM who rewarded Sanchez with an extended contract, the very guys who's jobs are on the line based on team performance believe his dog shit play is superior to any of the other options currently on the team.

It could be the other guys don't deserve a chance and Sanchez while dog shit is still the best option.

Your complaint is really with the GM and I suspect if we have a terrible season after last years collapse we may well see a new GM who will make the personal and coaching decisions moving forward.

Personally I think Sanchez gives us the best chance to win and this season is still far from over. I also like dogs and can deal with dog shit once in a while.

#187 Biggs, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  8. Wolf Brother

Wolf Brother Banned

Kevin Kolb got the big contract in Arizona but got benched to start the year. Arizona was willing to play Skelton instead. Skelton got hurt, and now Kolb has stepped in and been decent. This situation could also work for Mark. Bench him, let him know that he needs to find a way to step back and maybe see from a different perspective what the team is like. A lot has been invested in the guy, but right now, he is shell-shocked out there. He's come unglued. I would put in Tebow. This is not meant to be a troll post at all but an honest assessment of the current situation. Other quarterbacks have been benched for the back-up in order to at least create some kind of spark. At this point, the Jets need to see what they have with another guy behind center and that guy is Tim Tebow. He already has been sitting and is mentally tough handling it. Let Mark have some time to digest and look on. Even at 2-3 the Jet seem like they're headed on a downward trend. You got injuries mounting but Sanchez struggled last year with all the pieces in place. If you watch the game film from the Texans, Sanchez still struggled to get in any kind of rhythm and did not seem strong or poised in the pocket. It is time for a change.

#188 Wolf Brother, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  9. jack handy

jack handy Member

careful this sounds like a weak excuse. Just go with their running game is much better (Reggie Bush) and avoid the Sanchez is misunderstood or is still learning crap.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

How about Sanchez has had multiple seasons to adjust to the NFL game & has received multiple training camps compared to Weeden? Also, since Weeden is a rookie, he had even less experience with his receivers than Sanchez did. If you wanna defend Sanchez you're using the wrong argument there.

11. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Aww guys, come on. Clearly the difference is that Weeden is 28 years old (3 years older than Sanchez). Cut Sanchez a break. /sarcasm

12. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

With that completion percentage might as well throw Tebow out there atleast hes a leader and actually gives a shit

13. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

u are insinuating that sanchez doesn't care? that's an outrageous and malicious allegation. I seen Sanchez give it his absolute all week in and week out, there's been plays where his soul's been literally spilled all over the ground by a hard hit. and next play he's right back up in the pocket.

u can diss his play if u want but to attribute to not caring is ridiculous.

14. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

I don't know if it's better or worse that he's trying as hard as he can.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Compared to the QB's he has to beat to get to the Championship his best will never be good enough! It is time to end the Happy Feet Era!

16. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Let's not be too dramatic.

He is a tough SOB, I'll give him that, but that doesn't make him any better at what he does.

17. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

This.

:beer:

18. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

How does one clean up spilled "soul"? Liquid or powder? Mop or dust pan? Or is it effervescent.....maybe gaseous smoke form so no clean-up on yard line 10?

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

whether he cares or not, he isn't producing...so what difference does it make?

just accept it...the guy is not the future here.

I want the JETS to win...with or without Sanchez.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I take it you were a Matt Robinson over Dick Todd guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.