Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

How did that top 5 talent around him do last season? And to win in January, you actually have to still be playing in January....you realize this, right?

And how can you sit their with a straight face and say that "we have a QB, Denver didn't."

Sanchez is the WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE RIGHT NOW. Any way you slice or dice it, he is playing at a level where the 31 other starting QB's in this league are playing much better football.

2. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

You know what you described?

Brad Johnson

Actually, that's an insult to Brad. He actually won a Superbowl and has a lifetime completion percentage over 60.

3. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Owner speak???? :breakdance:

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with my original feeling and that is, surround Mark Sanchez with talent at the skill positions and give him time in the pocket and he will be successful.

People love to poi t out how Sanchez has regressed in his 4th year but the truth is this teams talent has fallen off sharply since his first year.

Whoever thinks a QB change will turn this season around is fooling themselves.
    The problem with this teams rests squarely on the shoulders of the FO.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The lack of talent around Sanchez isn't making him throw wildly inaccurate passes. The lack of talent around him isn't making him turn the ball over in the red zone and costing us points. They also aren't making him cringe in the pocket instead of stepping up and finding your receivers like any decent QB does.

Regardless if Jerry Rice is his receiver Sanchez will still suck. He is less than 50% completion in his last 4 games which is atrocious. He is also one of the best protected QB's in the league(3rd according to NFL.com) in terms of number of hits he takes.

Focus on Sanchez's mechanics in the pocket. They are absolutely horrific.

Sanchez has had way too much time (4th year) to prove he is the guy. Time to move on from and find ourselves a real QB.

6. Velocityvirus

Velocityvirus New Member

No it can't be. This was suppose to be the year that Sanchez turned into Eli Manning

7. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I'm glad u, nyjunc, and soxx are able to see the forrest for the trees. most posters have no perspective when it comes to sanchez and just want to blame him for everything. give mark the tools and he will build u a mantle

8. jlee499

jlee499 Member

Any discussion of Sanchez always brings out his ardent defenders... the one's who think he is God's gift to quarterbacking. If it's not one excuse, it's a dozen. The OC, the OL, receivers, running backs... always looking for that perfect situation around him so he can be the QB you think he is. I think he is already the best he will ever be and no amount of tweaking the players or coaches or even management will improve his ability to lead 'any' team to a SB.

A good QB can compensate for the talent around him, an average QB needs his fans to defend him.

I'm not a Sanchez hater, but neither am I a fan... ANYMORE. :jets:

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Who has said anything remotely close to "Sanchez is God's gift to quarterbacking"? Really?

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Please provide some examples of quarterbacks who won the Super Bowl missing their #1, 2, and 3 receivers and had no running game and had a defense that was bordering on bottom 10.

If you can name one you win this discussion.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Fixed it.
    Actually 32 QB's play better than he does per ratings he is 33rd in a 32 team league.

12. jlee499

jlee499 Member

I just said it, didn't you just read it on my comment? No one has said those exact words, but my impression from all the idiotic excuses that are provided for him year after year, leads me to that conclusion. He's had his opportunities and no amount of excuses will make him a better QB. Really!

13. jlee499

jlee499 Member

These excuses did not just start this season. My comment was about the excuses for the past 3 years and the first 5 games of this one. You're wanting an example of a QB who has won a SB (just so you know, I said 'lead' to a SB, not win) without his #1, 2 and 3 receivers, no running game and a bottom 10 defense is based on this year alone.

I guess based on your scenario I can't win this discussion... but you prove my scenario. Any discussion of Sanchez brings out his ardent defenders.

14. reverseapachemaster

Because obviously in a team sport one position acts independently of all the rest but still somehow elevates everybody else to play better.

15. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Please.

Sanchez has been in the bottom 5 of the NFL in passer rating for 3 out of his 4 seasons in the NFL. He's been bottom 7 in completion percentage all 4 years. He was #2 in the NFL in turnovers last year.

He's never not been awful. This isn't some new development since Santonio Holmes got injured 6 quarters ago. With weapons, he sucks. Without weapons, he's matching historically bad marks for ineptitude set by guys like JaMarcus Russell and Stoney Case.

Asking who could win a Super Bowl with this team is such a joke. Nobody is saying Sanchez needs to win a Super Bowl. We'd be 1-4 if the Dolphins kicker hadn't missed in OT. We'd just like to see Sanchez not be the worst starting QB in the NFL.

16. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Funny comment from Jesse Reed at Bleacherreport.com
    Funny, but there is some truth.

"To be fair to Sanchez, his receivers surely don't do him any favors.

To be fair to his receivers, Sanchez doesn't do them any favors, either.

When Sanchez throws strikes, you can be sure that his receivers have a 50 percent chance of dropping his passes. When his receivers get wide open, you can be sure that Sanchez has a 50 percent chance of throwing the ball high and behind them (artistic license included)."

17. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Ouch.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Franchise QBs that can't get their coaches to commit to them as starters for the rest of the season aren't franchise QBs.

18. xxedge72x

If you need an excuse for making it to two AFC championship games then I'll take excuses any day of the week.

Give us Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers straight up... we're still going nowhere fast. The running game still isn't moving and the run defense still is getting shredded.

19. jetsfank57

jetsfank57 New Member

How is this even an argument, going to Tebow is the only thing to do. This team will go nowhere with Sanchez.

20. xxedge72x

Two words come to mind: investment and development.

What you're talking about is instant gratification, lightning in a bottle. I believe the former approach is proven to work better in the long run.