What do these people see so much in Tebow? I just dont get it.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NFL, Oct 9, 2012.

1. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Demosthenes9, Bannon and Backup QB, nice posts.

2. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

See, FreeMcNeil, this is exactly what is so irritating to Tebow fans. The OP asked Tebow fans to explain why they like him, then we explain why we like him and somehow you twist that around to mean we think he is a HOF best quarterback who ever lived! I gotta say it .... some of you guys argue like a girl. Let me give you an example:

Girlfriend says to her boyfriend: Do you think that cheerleader is pretty?
    Boyfriend answers: Yes
    Girlfriend says: So you think she's prettier than me and you want to f*ck her, don't you? BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

and ad nauseum, if you know what I mean, or do you need me to give you some more examples?

Demo and Bannon, great posts as usual. NEJet - I did not know that. That makes it even sweeter! JeftDFC - I totally agree on the whole underdog movie plot.

3. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

HAHHAHahahahahaha! x1000
    I especially loved that one solitary tear that ran down your face :)

Remember that newspaper article at the end of Tebow's Junior year at UF - I think it was by Mel Kiper - where he compared Stafford's and Tebow's stats, and used those stats to "prove" that Stafford was the elite NFL QB that Tebow would never be? I looked and looked at the stats, and they were .... almost identical except Tebow had more rushing, of course. It defied logic. The stats were right there included in his article, and the math did not back up his point. Did he think I was an idiot? WTF because everybody on ESPN jumped on that bandwagon too.

Whew, I'm glad that I'm not the only Tebot who will be wandering around in the post-apocalyptic NFL world looking for some BRAINS LOLOLOL

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Lol. I knew you could relate to my story.

But the sad thing is that we are not alone... there are thousands of us Tebots suffering and our President and Congress aren't doing anything to help us! That should be the topic of the next presidential debate. Should Tebow start and what can we do to help the Tebot crisis.

I have the answer... "Tebowcare".

5. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

I have my own idea on how to fix Washington. We should put the NFL replacement refs back in until Congress can balance the budget. I guarantee the problem will be resolved in .... 2 weeks!

#45 JaxSuzy, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Didn't Vince Young come in for a 0-5 Titans team and almost got them in playoffs? Where is he now?

7. TTTTebowAndTheJets

There are some golden posts in this thread boys... Couldn't agree more with D, Bannon, Jax, Backup etc...

8. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Young lost his job because of his childish confrontation with coach and off field issues. Have you ever seen Tebow has any problem with anybody?

9. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Enough said.

10. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I believe we've all openly admitted we're on this forum as Tebow fans.

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

1) he improves the run game, maybe even dramatically based on last year
    2) he protects the football
    3) he increases TOP, and keeps the defense off the field/rested
    4) he is outstanding in short yardage
    5) he is very good in the redzone
    6) throws a good deep ball

basically, he is very good at alot of the things you want out of a game manager in a ground and pound offense

12. jerseyjay14

what success? we are 2-3 and should be 1-4. last year we were 8-8 and sucked down the stretch. what he did 3 years ago isnt really relevant

13. jerseyjay14

nope.

He came in and started week 2, lost his first 3 games, then went on a run, needing a win the final week of the season. he went on to have arguably the worst game of his career that game with a 33.9 qb rating 0 touchdowns and 4 turnovers in a loss.

the next season they did make the playoffs as a wildcard, but they didnt have a bad start. (started out 3-1). they got bounced in the first round to SD. he had a 53 QB rating 1 pick and no touchdowns.

14. JFjets

JFjets New Member

This post was pure awesome. Loved it. :up:

By the way, since you mentioned Jacksonville. Gabbert isn't exactly lighting the world on fire - again. If Rex and Tony don't have the balls to start Tebow soon after how Sanchez has performed this year, I'd say there is a very good chance that Jacksonville's GM (and possibly their head coach) may be out of a job next year and Khan may come calling to the Jets with hat in hand asking to trade for Tebow. Tebow for sure isn't going to be interested in going through another year with the Jets of getting 5-7 snaps per game with half of them having nothing to do with QB.

15. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I guess Woody really does like him.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Woody Johnson on CNBC: "Are we going to keep Tebow? Absolutely. He’ll be with us for three years. " #nyj

16. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

The backup is always a fan favorite! I totally agree with you post!:jets:

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

That's how much is left on his contract. Sounds like he was answering a stupid question.

18. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Ahhh, ok. I didn't know.

19. Bannon

Bannon New Member

This is true. And this is what everybody overlooks about the Denver situation, with all the talk about "billboards" and some supposed "circus" of fans and outcry for Tebow to start.

The Broncos lost their ass during Tebow's rookie year, with Kyle Freaking Orton at QB. Earned the #2 overall pick in the draft. And started off 1-4 with him the next year. All of this with a 1st Round Draft pick sitting on the bench. Tebow could have been anybody, and there would have been an outcry to play him. But because it's Tebow, they hang it on his "crazy fans" and the "circus."

20. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Tebow is a hell of a nice guy. Chicks dig him too.

This is why people are willing to overlook his inability to get that passing thing down pat. I mean, who needs it?

He DOES bring about an exciting brand of football. Who DOESN'T want to see their punter trotting out there eleven times a game? You might be sick of Sanchez, but Tebow will bring about the most exciting three and outs ever.